E3: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Create a Fatality Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Greeson

Administrator
Staff member
In <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_armageddon/">Mortal Kombat: Armageddon</a>, the <b>Create a Fatality</b> feature is as easy as customizing your Whopper hamburger. In this <b>E3 2006</b> video clip, we show off a few fatalities that will make you beg for more. The longest we saw performed at the show was a massive <a href="http://www.trmk.org/images/e3/2006/IMG_0073.JPG">10 move fatality</a>. The time counter gets shorter after every move. And at 10, it is nearly impossible to pull off another move in time. In this video, the longest we caught was a 7 move fatality. Check 'em out.

<center><OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="256" CODEBASE="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"> <PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="/games/mortal_kombat_armageddon/MKA_Create_Fatality_poster.mov"> <PARAM name="href" VALUE="rtsp://stream.realmmedia.com/stream.realmmedia.com/trmk/MKA_Create_Fatality.mov"> <PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="false"> <PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="false"> <embed src="/games/mortal_kombat_armageddon/MKA_Create_Fatality_poster.mov" href="rtsp://stream.realmmedia.com/stream.realmmedia.com/trmk/MKA_Create_Fatality.mov" width="320" height="256" target="myself" controller="false" align="center" autoplay="false"> </embed> </OBJECT></center>
Click the above image to play the video. If the video does not appear for you, install <a href="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/">QuickTime 7</a>. Check back later for more of our continuing coverage of <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_armageddon/">Mortal Kombat: Armageddon</a> at <b>E3 2006</b>.

pretty cool!

Kind of funny that you can smack them around a little with their own limb. Wonder else they will add to the system for its release.

thats cool...but im guessing this is going to get boring and repetitive. I will probly make 1 killer fatality up with my favorite moves and use that one over and over. i guess that beats playing deception and when he says finish him i do a stupid punch cos i dont remember any fatalities. :D

let's just pray that there's more blood in the final version than what we saw here. but otherwise that stuff looks pwn-worthy.

This system looks like shit. I really wish they had just kept the old version where you put a code in, and enjoy the show.

The video isn't loading, even after I installed Quick Time (and freaking iTunes, which I didn't want...) can you posta link like the one for the stage fatalities video so I can load it up?

I hate quicktime so it isn't on my computer, is there anyway to have these uploaded so i can download or possibly Youtube?

Princess Dis said:
This system looks like shit. I really wish they had just kept the old version where you put a code in, and enjoy the show.

I kinda like it. It gives you the ability to come up with the coolest chain of finishers and is somewhat reminiscent of Killer Instinct. My favorite finisher that I was able to pull off was:

1. Draw sword and slice off arm
2. Pull out brain
3. Pull out heart
4. Pull off other arm
5. Hit with arm
6. Hit with arm
7. Hit with arm
8. Hit with arm
9. Hit with arm
10. Pull off head

TetterkeT said:
Princess Dis said:

I kinda like it. It gives you the ability to come up with the coolest chain of finishers and is somewhat reminiscent of Killer Instinct. My favorite finisher that I was able to pull off was:

1. Draw sword and slice off arm
2. Pull out brain
3. Pull out heart
4. Pull off other arm
5. Hit with arm
6. Hit with arm
7. Hit with arm
8. Hit with arm
9. Hit with arm
10. Pull off head

So would you say it was one of those things that looks really iffy, but plays really well?

From the trailer that I saw with an early taven vs. scorpion it looked pretty straightforward and weak. He would put his hand into scorpion and pull it out drop an organ, then do it again with what looked like the same organ. Also, if you are going to pull out the brain, don't you think, even in MK, that the oppentent would be dead?

I hope this system gets fixed up a bit.

Yeah, from that clip, Create a Fatality looks very weak. A lot of repetitive moves, and you have so long between them that the fatality doesn't flow smoothly.

From what y'all witnessed, does popping off someone's head or pulling out there spine pretty much end the fatality right there? Thats what it looked like in the video.

Any way, I think I've found something I don't like with MKA now.

K1LLKANO said:
Yeah, from that clip, Create a Fatality looks very weak. A lot of repetitive moves, and you have so long between them that the fatality doesn't flow smoothly.

From what y'all witnessed, does popping off someone's head or pulling out there spine pretty much end the fatality right there? Thats what it looked like in the video.

Any way, I think I've found something I don't like with MKA now.

Yeah those are called "Enders". Look at the fatality card linked in the news post.

Kona said:
From the trailer that I saw with an early taven vs. scorpion it looked pretty straightforward and weak. He would put his hand into scorpion and pull it out drop an organ, then do it again with what looked like the same organ. Also, if you are going to pull out the brain, don't you think, even in MK, that the oppentent would be dead?

I hope this system gets fixed up a bit.

Okay, this I agree with. I didn't test to see if you could pull out multiple hearts or brains, but it would definitely be lame if you could do that. Also, the heart/brain looked like they were 2D almost. I'd like more of a production of the character tossing the organ down rather than it just haphazardly falling out of their hand. Also, it would be cool if you could throw the organs at them after you pull them out. It might also be nice if there was some sort of bleeding hole left in their head or chest cavity from where the extraction occurs. Lastly, I'm pretty sure you'd have trouble yelling in pain if someone removed your brain heart or head -- perhaps they could squelch the vocals after these moves were performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.