Mortal Kombat Stories! (MUST READ)

The 7th Number

okay well im studing up on my Mortal Kombat, and reading through the games MK1 to MK3 i have the following.

- Goro - a 2,000 year old half human half dragon was the champion for 500 years. He won the title of grand champion by beating Kung Lao, but not the Kung Lao we all know. It was one of Kung Lao's ancestors. He died at the end of the MK1 tournament.

- Johnny Cage - Not much on him, just that he went on to make 2 great movies in MK1 and MK2. Too bad they werent that great in the real world.

- Kano - He was a criminal, and a member of the black dragon. He is also being hunted down by Sonya and Jax. He was thought to have been killed in the first tournament. He was found alive in the outworld where he escaped capture by sonya. Shao Kahn spares his soul so he can train his warriors how to use earth's weapons. He then lures his army on a false mission and nukes em with a stolen weapon. (you think criminals buy their weapons?) Kano wants to take over the souls Tsung once possessed, but is unable to as they escape and attack him. Kano is rumored to have fallen a violent death.

- Sub-Zero - a member of the lin kuei. he was paid a ton of money from one of shang tsungs enemies(who? i dunno) to kill him. Scorpion hates him, probably because he is in the rival clan. He has gone missing after the MK1 tournament. Now in the 3rd tournament he returns unmasked. he is betrayed by his own clan the Lin Kuei. Just because he didnt want to become a souless robot.(how can you blame him?) His old Buddy smoke is trying to hunt him down. He finds and helps Smoke remember his past and they become buddies again. He then battles Cyrax and Sektor with his good buddy Smoke! He then dissapears into the shadows with only a few knowing his legacy.

- Scorpion - He was a marked man by the Lin Kuei, murderd by sub-zero. He left behind a wife and a child (hopefully we can meet them in the next generation of MK). He was allowed to avenge his death so i guess he is back alive (ta-da!) He hunts down Sub-zero in the MK2 tournament only to notice its not the real sub-zero, but his younger brother. He now becomes sub-zero's younger brothers guardian, to atone for murdering his older brother.

- Sub-zero's Brother - Since Sub-zero didnt come back after MK1 tournament, and the Lin Kuei learned Shang Tsung was still alive they sent his younger brother out to kill Shang Tsung himself. He learns that Scorpion wants to kill his brother but doesnt know why his life was spared.

- Sektor - Was the first of three prototype cybernetic ninjas built by the Lin Kuei. He was once a trained assassin by the Lin Kuei. He volunteered for automation because of his loyalty of his clan.

- Cyrax - Was the 2nd of three prototype cybernetic ninjas built by the Lin Kuei. He was programmed to find and kill Sub-Zero. He was captured by Sub-Zero and reprogrammed to deystroy Shao Kahn.

- Smoke - Was the 3rd of three prototype cybernetic ninjas built by the Lin Kuei. He actually tried to escape with Sub-Zero but was captured by the Lin Kuei. He finds out he does have a soul but is forever trapped in his artificial body.

- Sonya - She was captured by shang tsung. after that jax came and rescued her, and in the process he also let Kano escape, who was also captured by Shang tSung. She starts her own business with Jax called "The Outerwolrd Investigation Agency". They learn how to open portals through science instead of magic.

- Jax - real name Maj. Jackson Briggs, leader of the top U.S. Special Forces Unit. He Rescues Sonya from the grips of Shao Kahn. He outfits both his arms with indestructible bionic implants(and you thought the women were bad) He is now thought to be the strongest man on earth. He starts his own business with Sonya called "The Outerwolrd Investigation Agency". They learn how to open portals through science instead of magic.

- Raiden - he is actually a Thunder God, and took human form to compete in MK1 tournament.

- Liu Kang - Was a member of the White Lotus Society, he left the organization to represent the Shaolin Temples in MK1. Winner of MK1 tournament. After winning the tournament he went back home to discover it in ruins. His shaolin brothers were killed in a vicious battle with outwolrd warriors. After the invasion he finds himself the prime target of Kahns extermination squads. Kang is the reigning MK champion(so i guess he won MK2 too?) He finds out the Kung Lao has died and that gives him the strength to beat Shao Kahn.

- Kung Lao - Was a former Shaolin Monk and now a member of the White lotus society. He is the last decendant of the GREAT Kung Lao. (the one goro took care of) he is best buds with Liu Kang. He has plans to reform the White Lotus Society but that comes to a halt when Kahn invades Earth. Kung Lao battles with Kahn and his army and is believed to have died.

- Shang Tsung - He was banished to earthrealm(i dunno why though) Got his hands on the MK1 tournament(the shaolin Tournament), but was beaten by Liu Kang. He was granted a 2nd chance by Shao Kahn and restors his youth and allows him to live.

- Reptile - Was the personal protector of Shang Tsung, untill he learned Tsungs plan to make the remaining members of his race into slavery, then he turned on him.

- Kitana - She has a twin sister, which is really a grotesque clone created by shang tsung. Her parents were rulers of Outworld which was overthrown by Shao Kahn. Her mother is Sindel, and father Jerrod.

- Mileena - She is instructedby Shao Kahn to watch her twin sisters suspected dissensions. She is actually a grotesque clone created by Shang Tsung. Her companion is Baraka, they are king and queen.

- Baraka - He lead an attack on the Shaolin Temple (the war on Liu kang and kung laos people) Shao Kahn recruited him into his army.

- Shao Kahn - Shao Kahn had a queen, who was Sindel, but in the end she really wasnt.

- Sindel - She once thought Kahn was her King, but later found out that he wasnt, and Jerrod was. She has a daughter named Kitana. They ruled the world of Edinia (lovely place this time of year)

- Sheeva - She was hand picked by Shao Kahn to protect Sindel. She is of the Shokan race, and they hate Centaurs.(looking at you motaro!)

- Stryker - Was the leader of a roit control brigade when Shao Kahn started to take souls from people on earth. He was the lone survivor of a city that once had millions.

- Nightwolf - he works as a historian and preserver of his people culture.

- Kabal - His identity is a mystery to all. He once lived a life of crime and was a part of the Black Dragon with kano. But now he devotes his life to fighting injustice.

- Shinnok - Is an Elder God

Now i have entered into MK4. This is where i stopped playing MK and new characters are still kinda new to me.

Questions.
1. Is Tonya the daughter of Sindel?
As the daughter of Edenia's ambassador to new realms, Tanya invites a group of refugees fleeing their own world into the safety of Edenia. But soon after Queen Sindel allows them through the portal, she learns that one of the warriors is none other than the banished Elder God, Shinnok.

2. Liu Kang and Kung Lao are related?
Goro took the Mortal Kombat title from the original Kung Lao, only to have it won from him nine generations later by Lao's ancestor, Liu Kang.

3. Liu Kang won the first 3 MK tournaments?

4. ok i think i know where noob and smoke are so close. Cos during my studies, i noticed how Sub-zero and Smoke were buds, and both from the lin Kuei. But i get lost with that whole thing.
MK1- Sub Zero
MK2 - Subs little Brother
MK3 - Sub Zero comes back with scar
MK4 - Sub Zero with scar.....but his story says "But w/ the new threat brought on by Quan Chi, the ice warrior once again dons the familiar costume once worn by his brother the original Sub-Zero."

that confusese me.... cos i know how sub-zero in MK1 is really supposed to be Noob right? but in the story it doesnt match.

thats all for now.....

Hey,lots of good info there. Yeah,the Subzero thing can be kind of confusing-as I understand it, basically,orig.sub was killed by Scorp.after MK1 and becomes Noob.The 2nd sub(MK2 version/MK3 unmasked,etc.)is his younger brother.Then it gets confusing in UMK3/MKT with a 3rd sub,
"classic" Subzero.Ugh... :?

The 7th Number said:
1. Is Tonya the daughter of Sindel?

No way. I suppose I could be wrong, but if Kitana and Tanya were sisters, we'd probably know that by now.

The 7th Number said:
2. Liu Kang and Kung Lao are related?

Liu Kang and the original Kung Lao are obviously related, but I'm not absolutely sure about the current Kung Lao. It seems very likely that they're at least distant cousins, though. Obviously if the new Kung Lao is descended from the old Kung Lao, which would almost have to be true since he bears his name, then Liu Kang and the new Kung Lao would have to be related in some way.

The 7th Number said:
3. Liu Kang won the first 3 MK tournaments?

Yep.

The 7th Number said:
4. ok i think i know where noob and smoke are so close. Cos during my studies, i noticed how Sub-zero and Smoke were buds, and both from the lin Kuei. But i get lost with that whole thing.
MK1- Sub Zero
MK2 - Subs little Brother
MK3 - Sub Zero comes back with scar
MK4 - Sub Zero with scar.....but his story says "But w/ the new threat brought on by Quan Chi, the ice warrior once again dons the familiar costume once worn by his brother the original Sub-Zero."

that confusese me.... cos i know how sub-zero in MK1 is really supposed to be Noob right? but in the story it doesnt match.

Only the current Sub-Zero was buddies with Smoke, not the original Sub-Zero. Basically, there is no real connection between Noob and Smoke, just that Noob found Smoke somewhere and decided to reprogram him.

Drahmin said:
Then it gets confusing in UMK3/MKT with a 3rd sub,
"classic" Subzero.Ugh... :?

Don't even bother mentioning that Sub-Zero, he was just an anomaly. His actual identity was never revealed, and you have to realize that the MK team probably hadn't even decided that Noob was the original Sub-Zero at that point. It is confusing, but the only reason for that Sub-Zero's existence was to confuse us (and to get another character out of a pre-existing sprite). No one knows who he is and chances are we never will, so there's no point in even giving it a second thought.

Prince Troll said:
Something else on Shinnok. Shinnok, according the the movies at least, is Shao Khan's Father.

The MK movies absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt do not count. Shao Kahn is not Shinnok's son and Raiden is not Kahn's brother.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
His actual identity was never revealed, and you have to realize that the MK team probably hadn't even decided that Noob was the original Sub-Zero at that point.

Well Drahmin stated that it was in UMK3/MKT..

The MK Team obviously knew that Noob was the original Sub-Zero, because Noob's arena in UMK3/MKT was called Scislac Busorez, which unscrambles to Classic Subzero.

I could be wrong. :oops:

I don't think Noob's arena was actually called Scislac Busorez, was it? I'm pretty sure it was called "Noob's Dorfen", and I believe that "Scislac Busorez" thing was one of the messages that popped up during the credits, plus it could've just been a reference to the fact that you could play as Classic Sub-Zero in the game. Maybe I'm remembering this stuff wrong, though.

I still think UMK3's Classic Sub-Zero was an anomaly and serves no purpose in the storyline, though.

in the noob-smoke ending it says that noob is the original sub.... so sub in mk1 is really noob in sub uniform. then MK2 is his lil bro. then it gets confusing. cos in mk3 isnt it supposed to be the real sub back again?

The Sub-Zero in MK3 and every MK after that was still the younger brother from MK2. The original Sub-Zero, outside of his Noob Saibot form, hasn't been seen since MK1 (not counting that whole Classic Sub-Zero thing in UMK3, which I don't want to go into again).

The 7th Number said:
so it was noob who killed scorpion.

and subs brother was the one who was buds with smoke.

And thats why after MK2 Scorp wasn't after Sub any more, he saw Zero spare a life and realised that this wasn't the person he originally fought