Taven

The 7th Number

Taven is the name of the guy you use in konquest.

The last element of the demo showed off the konquest mode, which is being tweaked in response to user feedback on Deadly Alliance. This time out, the story focuses on two brothers, Taven and Daegon, who wind up in a bit of Survivor-style sibling rivalry. It seems their father is trying to decide who to crown as his successor. The old man's method? A contest between the two brothers that sends them adventuring through Earth Realm in search of an ancient weapon that they'll need to use to defeat an elemental named Blaze, last seen in Mortal Kombat: Deception. Whoever manages to do that first will be crowned the new defender of Edenia and be given a powerful gift. Not the coolest thing for a parent to do, to be sure, but it does make for a good setup for Konquest mode, which now features a sense of urgency. You'll play through the mode as Taven and attempt to race through the challenges laid out before you so you can beat your brother.

Jinko said:
Taven? I'd rather use Bob...LOL

Agreed, Taven sounds like a poverty version of Tavern.

Hey, maybe he's a pisshead? Taven the pisshead.

At least Bob is useful, he can bob for. . . :shock: :lol:

ChiefThunder said:

XD

I think Taven is an ok name, definately better than Shujinko. Hopefully he's not the village idiot either haha.

This makes me think that Blaze might be a boss or sub boss, interesting.

oh...and remember a couple months back I said the Konquest's guy's name was temporarily Bob and NO ONE BELIEVED ME? In your faces, TRMK.

I'm assuming Blaze is the boss or Sub-Boss as well. He has to be either of the two. Seems right.

Immortal Reaver said:
oh...and remember a couple months back I said the Konquest's guy's name was temporarily Bob and NO ONE BELIEVED ME? In your faces, TRMK.

i knew that it was only temporary. :?

Immortal Reaver said:
ChiefThunder said:

XD

I think Taven is an ok name, definately better than Shujinko. Hopefully he's not the village idiot either haha.

I'm not letting letting his unoffical title of 'village idiot' rest easy, so matter who tries to convince me he wasn't it. Shujinko was all that and much more.

Taven is cool... I can see though I'm gonna struggle not to place a 'r' there. o_O

Shujinko's name meant something though 'hero of a story' or something like that in Japanese.