Boondocks Martin Luther King

diddyman

Do you agree with this quote taking from the Boondocks

Martin Luther King, Jr. 2005 I had a dream speech?

"Will you ignorant niggaz please Shut the Hell Up!?

This Is it, this is what I got All those ass whipping for? I had a dream once, I had a dream that little black boys and little black girls would drink from the river or prosperity,free from the thirst of oppression..... But lo and behold some 4 decades later What have I found... but a bunch of TRIFILING, SHIFTLESS, good for nothing niggaz, and I know some of you don't wanna hear me say that word, it's the ugliest word in the english language, but that's what I see now... NIGGAZ. And you don't want to be a nigga causes niggaz are living contradictions, Niggaz are filled with unfulfilled ambitions.
Niggaz Wax and Wain
Niggaz Love To Complain
Niggaz love to hear themselves talk but hate to Explain. Niggaz love to be another mans' judge and jury, Niggaz procrastinate until it's time to worry, Niggaz love to be late. Niggaz hate to hurry! I've seen what aroun the corner nad I've seen what's over the horizon and I promise you... You niggaz ain't got nothing to celebrate! And know I won't get there with you, I'AM GOING TO CANADA!

By Martin Luther King Jr., Boondock Version

Don't worry about answering the question, I'am black myself so i'am giving the permission to talk about the subject openly.

The only thing I'm going to say about this is.. I'm sure that Martin Luther King, Jr. would be exceedingly disappointed by many of the youths of this decade and of the last with how they portray themselves in the public limelite.

However, there are many people of all races who don't uphold a dignified standard and they seem to be proud of being uneducated hoodlums with nothing on their mind except street cred instead of taking advantages of the opportunities that have surfaced since the aforementioned speach. I know the system isn't perfect, but I'm white and I have a difficult time with things.. it's called LIFE.

diddyman said:
Don't worry about answering the question, I'am black myself so i'am giving the permission to talk about the subject openly.

So we need the permission from a black person to talk about anything black now?

I don't think he meant it in that way.. I'm sure what he meant was:

"People are generally apprehensive about discussing issues such as this. By saying that you have permission, is an indication that I personally will not be offended by what you type with regard to the general discussion of race, black people, the 'N' word, etc.. However, do try to be respectful to me directly".

well,I almost completely agree with it.

I think alot of the blacks out there get a bad rep because of these people who think just because they're a person of color they deserve reparations and special treatment.
at the same time they also expect people to lower their expectations of them while still receiving the same treatment.
I guess I can't say much.I expect some people to lower their expectation of me but then again I'm a 21 year old with some mental problems and not much real world experience (not much job experience besides a little under the table work wich I actually got fired and layed off on the same day because I was white oddly enough,his daughter actually told me that was the reason).
but anyways all that is besides the point and I'm trying to fix all that through a program or something.
anyways.
I think it's very sad that the image of the black people has been distorted to this.
I look at these comercials that use the whole urban image and I think "this is what the black man has been reduced to?".a salesmen that sells expensive overrated shoes and clothing aimed at people who seem to be in extreme poverty.either that or people aiming to be "Ghetto Fabulous" wich I think is a bit of an oxymoron.
I like to think of Martin Luther King Jr. as one of the greatest Americans with one of the Greatest messages ever.
unfortunatly I think his message was misunderstood.

his message was of Equality and not special treatment.
that everyone of all colors would receive the same opportunities,the same chances,the same treatment as any other man.

I like that message and that's how I perseive his "I have a dream" speech.
I only wish more people could see the world that way.

The 7th Number said:
diddyman said:

So we need the permission from a black person to talk about anything black now?

Of Course you don't, I said that because some people are uneasy when it comes to talking about racial subjects, it's just means that you don't have to worry about what ever you talk about here. That's it.

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
I don't think he meant it in that way.. I'm sure what he meant was:

"People are generally apprehensive about discussing issues such as this. By saying that you have permission, is an indication that I personally will not be offended by what you type with regard to the general discussion of race, black people, the 'N' word, etc.. However, do try to be respectful to me directly".

That's exactly what i meant.

Midget Kong said:
well,I almost completely agree with it.

I think alot of the blacks out there get a bad rep because of these people who think just because they're a person of color they deserve reparations and special treatment.
at the same time they also expect people to lower their expectations of them while still receiving the same treatment.
I guess I can't say much.I expect some people to lower their expectation of me but then again I'm a 21 year old with some mental problems and not much real world experience (not much job experience besides a little under the table work wich I actually got fired and layed off on the same day because I was white oddly enough,his daughter actually told me that was the reason).
but anyways all that is besides the point and I'm trying to fix all that through a program or something.
anyways.
I think it's very sad that the image of the black people has been distorted to this.
I look at these comercials that use the whole urban image and I think "this is what the black man has been reduced to?".a salesmen that sells expensive overrated shoes and clothing aimed at people who seem to be in extreme poverty.either that or people aiming to be "Ghetto Fabulous" wich I think is a bit of an oxymoron.
I like to think of Martin Luther King Jr. as one of the greatest Americans with one of the Greatest messages ever.
unfortunatly I think his message was misunderstood.

his message was of Equality and not special treatment.
that everyone of all colors would receive the same opportunities,the same chances,the same treatment as any other man.

I like that message and that's how I perseive his "I have a dream" speech.
I only wish more people could see the world that way.

I couldn't agree with you more. I would love to turn to channel 9 for once and see something that depicts black people in a more positive limelight, instead of girlfriends and the parkers. That's not the entire truth of the african american. We're more than just people who slang talk and act wild and crazy, We're people with opinions, with history, with knowledge, Even though I too follow a fraction of what goes on, I atleast have the knowledge of when and where to stop and act like i have some common-sense to not get taken advantage of, to not be exploited or manipulated by people who's only enjoyment is to see me "act a fool". I AM A HUMAN BEING! WHO DESERVES THE SAME RESPECT AS YOU WOULD COMMAND FOR YOUR SELF!! That how I feel.

One thing I hate, are these gangsta types that are black and whine. I don't want to sound racist, because I don't mean it like that at all, but like. Suck it up. Seriously. They act as if it's happening to them.

Rappers that take it over the top either brag about how they're richer than you, which since the last I checked didn't exactly boost anyone's self-confidence. Or they whine about how people fun of them. Listen, we aren't making fun of you because you're black, we're making fun of your clothing! Pull up your pants, turn your hat around, and stop wearing watches around your knuckles. Rappers complain that people are acting racist towards them, but it's just because society generalizes everything with the majority. When you think black people, you would be lying to say that you don't think of rappers with hats backwards. We're not making fun of your color, we're making fun of your clothing.

I don't even mean it as black=rapper, because there are just as many white rappers as there are black. Seriously, it's starting to seem that "gangstas" are more emo than emos..

There're exceptions, like Kanye West. This guy really hits down on music. 50 Cent was nice and all for a while, but it quickly shot down because people were sick and tired of watching some guy throw money at the camera. Kanye focuses on the music from not only a religious standpoint, but for something that people can take from his music. Like Sigur Ros, people leave Kanye West feeling embraced with something spritual or supernatural.

So yeah, don't take any of this offensive at all. Although I suppose you would get the impression I mean it offensively because I said no offense. So.. no no offense o.o..

I'm just not sold on the entire rap/hip-hop culture. I don't like what it stands for, what it represents, and how it's aiding in hurting America's youth right now.

Exactly Chupa, I don't hate sub-cultures because of their appearance, but if they're subliminally telling kids that women are inferior and guns are oh la la, then that's a threat.

I'll start off by saying I hate the term African American. I also hate the term Asian American and any other term tied to the word American that tries to seperate a group from others.

First of all, you're American. So am I. I don't go running around flaunting the fact that my relatives came over during the WWI from Italy. It's pointless. I'm as Italian now as an egg roll. Most "African Americans are just as African. I could understand if you're still on your green card from another country, but when you earn citizenship, you should be do or die America. If you didn't or don't want to be here, it's a free enough country to leave. Canada is only a hop skip and jump away and the border isn't even protected :p

On to the first post. I do agree with this. It was so true, but presented in such a unique way it had me cracking up. Now, I'm not even gonna say that everyone with a darker complection than me is a "nigga". I hate that word just as much as anyone should. The truth about the statement is that it's not even solely directed at "blacks", even if that was all you saw in the room on the show. I've seen plenty of "white" people act just as foolish as what was described in the quote from Boondocks. Some people just feel that they are obligated to certain rights that others aren't depending on the way they were raised or how much money their parents made. It's true of both ends. The biggest complainers are the richest ones. They feel they are better than the rest of the world because they have money and can basically pay to have you fired etc... The other end of the spectrum feels they are owed dues because they haven't been as fortunate. (I'd like to pause a minute and say it's not everyone of a certain class/race that acts/feels this way, I'm just generalizing by what is most often portrayed). The problem with this is most people that feel they are owed something haven't taken advantage of the opportunities that were presented them. They look for the easy scape goat and take the lazy way out by blaming society instead of their shitty attitude and work ethic. Somebody else holds them down, not their own actions.

On a different note, you also have those that have nothing, but go about life like they have everything they could ever need. They don't make excuses for being a piece of shit. They get out there, earn an honest days work and don't complain about the hardships that have befallen them. These are the ones that will see their children and grand kids go on to be something great because they were instilled with morals and taught not to look to others for the blame, but to man up to the choices you've made in life.

Now, though I've typed a good deal of "perfect world" literature here, I'm not naive. I don't pretend to think that racism is not longer a factor in this modern world. I do understand that some, unfortunately, are predestined because of a "minority" of big wigs and complete imbeciles to be held back in certain areas. I'm no genius and can't offer a way to beat this. I wish I could. All I can say is that in the end, hopefully God does exist and will sort it out when we come to our end.

All in all, if you do the right thing in life, while you may face more hard times than your neighbor, it's better to lead a life with meaning and focus than to just expect things to be handed to you on a platter because you've been less fortunate. Hard work pays off, you just have to be willing to work hard.

wouldn't the world be perfect if everyone was Scottish

Especially if we were Butter Schotch XD J/K (No offense I just love that kind of pudding/candy)

I must say I see no problem with the word "White Cracker" "N-Ger" and or "etc."

If one group of man is allowd to say it shouldn't we all? Sure not in a "racist way" but if you know it is an insult why not ignore it... I mean someone calling me "White cracker" >_> What do I care if they say that?

People take it too seriously.... Now Boondocks I've watched a little of and yes it is corrupting Americans and children these days heck one man made a game called "Erasing Racism" or something along the lines where the main objective? To kill all Non-Whites >_> If you see Japanese children on a bus it says "Kill those Pearl Harbor bombing spawns of Satin now Mother F--ker..." Kids at school think it is a great game 0_o; I'm White but even I find that revolting.

They are going to sell them at W-Marts for $15 dollars >_> No wonder...

It is terrible but even at school kids say racist things of black people such as "Silly N-ger Tricks are for 'White people'.... 0_o Why are such things said because of such shows... Terrible... To bad we can't stop it... Or prevent such ignorance...