Metal Gear Solid 4

Fresh news from E3:

To help American audiences get psyched for the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo trailer of Metal Gear Solid 4, Hideo Kojima's team has updated his blog with a 90-second "audio-only" teaser. To listen to it for yourself, just follow this link.

But let's suppose that you're heard of hearing or don't feel like downloading anything. Well then, for you, we've supplied the complete English translation of the 90-second clip in the text below. Yes friends, reading is fun!

[Begin Clip]

Snake: War has changed.

Snake: Our time has ended.

Snake: Our war is over.

Campbell: Since the Manhattan incident, restrictions on military invention in foreign countries have eased, fueling demand for mercenaries..

Campbell: Today, the world's wars depend largely on PMCs, private military companies whose business includes supplying these mercenaries.

Campbell: PMCs have become a serious threat to the world.

Snake: The U.S. has exported too much of its military power. Now she's paying the price.

Campbell: In total, they've got enough manpower to rival the U.S. military.

Campbell: Based on our investigation, the five largest PMCs are run by a dummy corporation, which acts a single mother company.

Snake: And the mother company...?

Campbell: Outer Heaven.

Snake: The one world in which soldiers will always have a place.

[End Clip]

Nope, I havn't picked up Subsistence yet but I definatley plan on it. Just a few months ago I replayed MGS1, 2, and 3 back to back to back just for the hell of it. I even bought a GC cheap just to play Twin Snakes. I do plan on getting Subsistence but right now I'm playing Suikoden 5 (and I also picked up a copy of 3) so my time is occupied.

I'm with you Max. I feel more attached to the MGS characters. The good guys, the bad guys, and even the not so important people who get caught up in the whole MG drama. I don't really feel attached to any RPG character like I have with anyone from the MG series.

Xenosaga HAD a chance to really create some characters you could get attached too but since a few of them were too childish (like most Japenese RPGs) and the series took a nose dive when Namco took over the project for #2 and #3 (thus cutting the series from 6 games to 3 and totally destroying the story and anything the great creator made) the series is just a shadow of what it could have been.

Xenogears was Square's best game. And that even includes that the latter half of it was a bit rushed. Still better than FF3, FF7, and Chrono. All were great games though.

I was going to bring up the Dragon Quest thing in Japan but never mind I'll just piss of FF fans. (I'm not the biggest fan of FF XD)

Over rating just isn't my thing XD. (No offense)

Back on topic:

-Who else on the day of it's arrival is going to try and stealthy sneak into a store to purchase it or dress like Snake or both? If so video tape it and post it on here for our amusement XD. I'm still deciding.

Nope, I havn't picked up Subsistence yet but I definatley plan on it

Agreed. I haven't gottem it yet which stinks.

I'm like an MGS crackhead. I freaking love those games. I beat MGS3:Subsistence afew weeks ago. Definatly my favorite sofar. I hope they use the Subsistence camera for MGS4

"Don't even think about using auto-fire, or I'll know!" - Revolver Ocelot

Crazed Wiseman said:
I'm like an MGS crackhead. I freaking love those games. I beat MGS3:Subsistence afew weeks ago. Definatly my faovrite sofar. I hope they use the Subsistence cmera for MGS4

Ohhh ... they are definitley using the same camera. They actually are using Subsistence as a test, so it speak. This way they get to experiement with the over the back camera (instead of the top down view) and they can get player feedback on it and help tune it up for MGS4. I remember reading an interview with Hideo months ago where he actually said this.

No we finally get to see what Snake sees!

To be honest with you I hated the new camera system in Subsistence, at first. It took me a little while to get used to it! I like it best now!

Yeah I'm a MGS freaking addict too! I've almost bought reallife size Snake at the videoshop lol!

By the way, you guys should check out the new MGS4 trailer at gamespot.

MaxDam said:
Yeah I'm a MGS freaking addict too! I've almost bought reallife size Snake at the videoshop lol!

Yep. I just watched it. Looks like Raiden is ready to take care of business in this game. He's pulling some nifty stealth ninja moves!

All they have to do now is give me a Vamp video or SS. Then I will be happy until 2007.

Oh. And if you havn't checked out the Final Fantasy XIII (13) trailer, WATCH IT. That's one of the more impressive things I have seen. That game looks amazing.

El Chupacabra said:
MaxDam said:

Yep. I just watched it. Looks like Raiden is ready to take care of business in this game. He's pulling some nifty stealth ninja moves!

All they have to do now is give me a Vamp video or SS. Then I will be happy until 2007.

Oh. And if you havn't checked out the Final Fantasy XIII (13) trailer, WATCH IT. That's one of the more impressive things I have seen. That game looks amazing.

MGS4 looks awsome. I am amazed at how great it looks.

As for FFXIII, I saw and downloaded the trailer, and all I can say is: 'Another one already?! Sweet!!!'

Yeah, FFXII isn't even out in the U.S. yet is it? If it is I must have missed the big billboard of a memo and I need to go to EBGames right away!

Sorry for this double post, but this could be important!

Yeah anyway, I want to know if this is true...is MGS for coming out fall of 2007 instead of a release title? If this is true I might wait to buy the PS3 as well.

Kona said:
Sorry for this double post, but this could be important!

Yeah anyway, I want to know if this is true...is MGS for coming out fall of 2007 instead of a release title? If this is true I might wait to buy the PS3 as well.

I don't believe MGS4 is a launch title. I've read a few places it isn't, so I guess that's enough to convince me. I don't even like any announced PS3 launch titles that I've seen but I will still just go ahead and pick up the system when it comes out. It's not like there is going to be a drop in price at all between when it comes out and when MGS4 is released.

Right now im downloading the 14 minute MGS4 trailer they released yesterday, so I will get back with my impressions on that.

I've read the impressions of the 15 minutes MGS4 trailer at gamespot.
There are some major spoilers. But I have a feeling that Raiden could be playable once more. And I would more than happy if we could do what he does in the trailer. lol

My link won't work. It's an IGN Insider only link. Pretty impressive trailer. The movie sequences in this game are going to be amazing.

...and Raiden really owns.

OMFG! Those were some of the best 15 minutes ever! I saw the trailer, Not high quality but still! So many Great stuff. Raiden owns indeed!
Love the Camo suit that snake has!

Yeah, the trailer was amazing, I can't get over how old Snake is looking, dude. And it's so mad to see the others back, Otogan, Big Boss, shit yeah.

Snake must be pushing 50 + in the new game?

Why as it he kept saying 'War Has Changed'?

Yeah his Camo suit rocks, did you like the different outfits Snake had in MGS3?

I'll have to check the trailer again, But I think that Snake is suffering from accelerate aging. In MGS1, he was like 31 If I remember well. So that makes him probably 45-50. I'm guessing because I'm not sure in exacly what year the events on MGS4 are taking place. But snake looks older than a 50 years old man. He looks even older than Ocelot imo. Snake's body has being inject with the FoxDie virus that is killing him slowly. Damn you Naomi! DAMN YOU!
Snake only has 6 months to live before his body decay.
Big Boss wasn't present. I speculate that Snake was at BB's grave or probably Olga's.

War has changed because war are now a business, too putting shortly. The war that were fought for an idealologies, nations, they meant something even if it was for natural resources like oil,...

In MGS3, the camo suits were great yeah. In subistence you have flags face paint camo of +/-10 countries. The most effective in the jungle is Italy.