Metal Gear Solid 4

This thread was for the sole purpose of discussing Metal Gear Solid 4. Sure I threw in some stuff about the series, but it's all one big series anyway.

Now, I said that I am buying the PS3 just for MGS4? No, I am getting the PS3 to play MGS4 but also there are other games I am interested in already mentioned elsewhere. Another thing, MGS4's quality and graphics look amazing, not the sole purpose I am buying it. I have been playing since the beginning, only games I haven't played are the PSP games.

Fans of the series probably had it in their minds to buy MGS4 at any price anyway, so why should $560 plus tax matter. Fans are what keep it alive.

Oh yeah, did I mention they might make a movie?

Kona said:
Oh yeah, did I mention they might make a movie?

I found this funny thread over at Job Blos which I visit everyday, showing possible candidates for the MGS movie roles. Have a look at this, it's not confirmed of course.

Snake: Russell Crowe or Benicio Deltoro
Maryl: Jessica Alba
Otacon: Jeff Goldblum
Liquid: Val Kilmer
Roy Cambel: Martin Sheen
Naomi: Nicole Kidman
Mei Ling: Zang ziyi
Ninja: Jet Li
Donald Anderson: Morgan Freeman
Revolver: Clint Eastwood.
Raven: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Director: Jon Woo

Here's another list;

Snake: Tom Cruise (but if we're watching our budget, then Hugh Jackman)
Meryl: Bridget Moynahan
Otacon: James Spader (there is no other)
Liquid: Val Kilmer (I know there's someone better)
Roy Cambel: Jon Voight
Naomi: An unknown
Mei Ling: An unknown
Ninja: An unknown
Donald Anderson: Joe Morton
Revolver: Not sure yet
Raven: Vin Diesel (although that ass clown would probably ask for too much money)
Written by: David Hayter
Director: Robert Zemeckis

And still more;

Snake: Hugh Jackman
Meryl: Bryce Dallas Howard
Otacon: Cillian Murphy
Liquid: Paul Bettany
Roy Cambell: Martin Sheen
Sniper Wolf: Nicole Kidman
Naomi: *Dang, I'm stuck*
Mei Ling: Gong Li
Ninja: Ray Park (EXCELLENT physicality)
Psychomatis: Ron Perlman
Donald Anderson: Morgan Freeman *good call*
Revolver: Donald Sutherland
Raven: Tyler Mane
Big Boss: Kurt Russell

Some of them would be perect for the roles. But the damn movie would cost a agazillion bucks with all those stars in one movie at once, lmao.

Yeah, those better be unconfirmed, for the single reason, I don't want to see some of those actors play in the movie :p

Yeah don't sweat it, dude. None of the above lists are confirmed. I's far too early to worry about Arnie playing Vulcan Raven :lol:

Zeta333 said:
Yeh metal gear would make a kick ass movie.

I don't think it would ever top the game(s).

The games themselves are like movies - just much longer. They have room for more characters, more depth, and more story. Plus! It's a game so you can make off the wall things happen that don't need to rely on special effects to make it look good as a movie does.

Lastly, I just don't see anyone filling Snake's role in real life. Snake IS Snake. That's what he looks like. That's what he sounds like. No one could do it any better - instead they would look a fool.

I consider the games, especially MGS3, to be <BETTER> than movies. To me, the game is like a movie. The only difference is that you are interactivley involved instead of simply a bystander with a bucket of popcorn and a soda in hand.

Now. I would be all for a CG movie. That way you keep the characters looking and sounding like themselves and have plenty of room for Vamp to run up and down walls and all over water owning people.

They could do the vamp thing easily, they have done it before in Kung-Fu movies and The Matrix, but I am sure Kojima would do it his way.

Sure, the games are like movies and are interactive, I mean you get a rush when Metal Gear Ray is gone or Vamp is history. I would like the movie to either take on the storyline of one of the games or have a completely new one. A CG movie would be kickass, I would love it.

El Chupacabra said:
I would be all for a CG movie. That way you keep the characters looking and sounding like themselves.

Indeed, much the way that FFSW looked. A CG MGS movie would be total ownage! They should just go ahead and make the damn thing. I know movie development companies, they love to gin around. The MGS franchise has brilliant storys, characters, effects and soundtracks. It makes perfect sense to make the next big leap after MGS4. And that a big screen movie either live action or CGI as you say. But the latter would of course be much better, IMHO.

Chupacabra wrote: I consider the games, especially MGS3, to be <BETTER> than movies. To me, the game is like a movie. The only difference is that you are interactivley involved instead of simply a bystander with a bucket of popcorn and a soda in hand.

Lol, I from time to time I eat popcorn durng the cinematic. MGS is the main reason I keep playing videogames. There aren't words to describe the greatnes of this game. Hideo is pure genius!

MaxDam said:
Lol, I from time to time I eat popcorn durng the cinematic. MGS is the main reason I keep playing videogames. There aren't words to describe the greatnes of this game. Hideo is pure genius!

Haha. Yeah. The only bad thing is that there are a few stupid individuals who believe Hideo sucks and the MGS story is ridiculous, too unbelievable, and not as deep as some make it out to be. To hell with them. I'm amazed when I read certain things that Hideo did with his story, names, places, and so forth. There are so many small small small details that people arn't even aware of unless they do some research. The guy is just a damn good story teller.

To the people who thinks the story and series suck or are over rated; I'm gonna go find my !infinite! ammo bandana, stealth suit, and katana and hunt you down. Snake style! Haha. Hoho!

MGS is one of the top rated series for PS2, now way it sucks.

I don't think another series could beat it except Final Fantasy.

Kona said:

I've grown up on the FF series but honestly, only a couple of them are really good. There are better, less known RPGs out there that can be more enjoyable than a good portion of the FF games.

Every single MGS game has been good. Well - since it's re-invention on the Playstation. I don't know about the Nintendo ones - never played them and don't care too.

El Chupacabra said:
Kona said:

I've grown up on the FF series but honestly, only a couple of them are really good. There are better, less known RPGs out there that can be more enjoyable than a good portion of the FF games.

Every single MGS game has been good. Well - since it's re-invention on the Playstation. I don't know about the Nintendo ones - never played them and don't care too.

Chrono trigger
Dragon quest

But none of them compare to FF7.

Skythe said:
Chrono trigger
Dragon quest

But none of them compare to FF7.

Xenogears was Square's best game. And that even includes that the latter half of it was a bit rushed. Still better than FF3, FF7, and Chrono. All were great games though.

IMO, Xenogears was 99% of what FF7 was. So close to being better. I just hope that Square can kick off the new consoles with a few great games..

I.E : Dirge of Cerberus. FF12.

I bought MGS3: Subsistence and I'm playing the orignal MG and MG2: Solid Snake. The ones released for the NES were diferent, You don't fight Big Boss at the end but a giant computer. Hideo himself said he wasn't involve with the Nintendo versions. He said they were utter crap. The ones in Subsistence are untouched.
I like also FF but I don't react, feel or have any kind of joy or affection for the character like I do with MGS.
When you took control of Raiden for the first time in MGS2, at first you where like What the,....but you come to realise that Snake was still the main character but from Raiden's point of view, an unexperienced one who is scares and ask question all around,...YOU react to that and that was one of Hideo intentions. Some people just didn't get it. I thought it was genius, when they throw the information and the Patriots, that is 10x deeper than when you watch the matrix for the first time and you realise that you are control since the day you are born.
I don't know you but in Snake Eater, When big Boss gets tortured, you feel his pain and I remember hoping that he could kick is ass lol.
I could go on and on,....
Chupa did you get Subsistence?? There are clips of parodies like MGS3; Snake Eraser staring Raiden, Hillarious! He use the "terminator" time machine.

Man the Nes version brings back memories. Damn that game is old. MGS would be fucking awsome on the xbox