Mobile ESPN

batistaman

i am thinking about getting the Mobile ESPN phone so i just want to know if it is worth the money. are the plans good and low or high priced? are the features as good as they say they are?

I honestly watch a ton of sports and watch a lot of ESPN (although I don't really like ESPN most of the time) but I don't know what's going on with the ESPN mobile phone.

What does it do? Give you up to date scores, headlines, and a scrolling score tab like they do on TV?

I guess if that's the case it would be good if you follow sports and don't get to your computer or TV much. But I know that even with as much as I watch, I use my computer every night and listen to sports radio when I drive, so I can keep up with scores/headlines and use a normal cell phone. After all, who knows how good the actual phone service will be.

Well that is what I'm thinking about the most. I don't have a phone right now and I can't get to a computer, I am borrowing my friend's laptop right now. I am out a lot too, so sometimes I need to check whats going on in the sports world.

I am just curious about the phone service and plans because i'm not exactly what you would call rich right now.

batistaman said:
Well that is what I'm thinking about the most. I don't have a phone right now and I can't get to a computer, I am borrowing my friend's laptop right now. I am out a lot too, so sometimes I need to check whats going on in the sports world.

I am just curious about the phone service and plans because i'm not exactly what you would call rich right now.

I'm not sure if your in a rural area, or whatever, but perhaps you could hit some wifi spots on the laptop and make some quick checks, since you spend alot of time out and about?
If, in the future, you'll be looking at getting a computer, or an alternative source for your sports craving, you might find yourself looking down the barrel of a shitty contract that has you locked in for another year.
That would = nasty monthly bill that you don't really need.
I recommend first looking at the contract closely. You can go by word of mouth, but that would be a chance I wouldn't take. I'd have to see the contract for myself, and assure myself that I'm not going to fall into some type of money pit. Also, if you know anyone around you that has a cell from the same provider that ESPN mobile uses, ask them how their service is in the area. You really don't want to have a phone that has no coverage in your area, which will translate into no service. Or, just as bad, you may find yourself constantly roaming, which will skyrocket your bill.
Personally, as a college student, I just use a prepaid phone. All of the regular plans in my area are too expensive for my monthly budget, so I simply charge up a prepaid cell, and use it for emergencies and a few text messages. If I need a sports update, I just pop open my laptop at the nearest hotspot.