All Versions

Mortal Kombat

Hi there .... excuse me , but is MK4 really the last MK on the PC ? :( Is there any version of MKDA , MKD , MKSM or any other newer versions for PC ? :? Thanks !!!

Yep, MK4 was it. If you don't have an Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube, you're S.O.L. on the last few games.

I thought that MKGold was the last evrsion on the PC? Admittedly, it's just an updat of MK4, but still a game in it's own right. Strange that gamefaqs don't list MK4/G, weird.

mk gold was an update of the mk4 , with 4 new characters and a bit improoved graphics , BUT it was made for the DreamCast , so ....

if you can show me either pirated or original versions of MK4-GOLD for the PC , you're good , but I've searched the entire web , and all I could find was a damned DreamCast version ... :(

Yep, I own MK Gold. It's better than MK4 (arcade and home), and basically replaces it. It's DC only, however with emulators you might be able to play it on your PC (won't look any better than on your DC VGA box though).

Yeah, it sucks. I was miffed that MK:DA didn't appear in the arcades as was originally planned, and that we haven't seen the new titles on PC. Therefore I just haven't played them... since I don't own the next gen consoles... :(

Btw, we could use some more (civilized of course) complaints through the support forum on Midway.com about Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition. There's still some bugs (and the annoying slow loading starforce protection scheme) that could use patching...!

Mortal Kombat said:
mk gold was an update of the mk4 , with 4 new characters and a bit improoved graphics , BUT it was made for the DreamCast , so ....

Yeah, I know all that, dude.

I've been playing MKGold for years and never get bored of it, good fun!

Actually it's 6 new characters and 3 new classic MK3 arena's. And Yeh MKGOLD was my first Mortal Kombat game I owned , great fun. I must've beat arcade like 20 times with Raiden and Quan Chi and still not bored. And Yeh it's a shame no new Mortal Kombat games have been released on the PC/Arcade.

I think there is an XBOX emulator somewhere on the web that would more than likely run xbox games... assuming you own the game legally and a DVD-ROM to play it on. But that would definitely eat your memory out.

If you want to play MK4 on the PC badly, just buy it. They sell it at every online game store for like three bucks.

I'll look into this XBOX emulator thing and keep you posted if you want.

Yeah MK Gold added Baraka, Mileena, Kitana (who was only accessible in some home versions of MK4 with a gameshark I believe, but here he's a normal character), Kung Lao, Cyrax and Sector (secret character). However it ALSO has the new characters that were in the home versions of MK4 (but not arcade) like Noob Saibot, Goro (he's playable too IIRC, with a cheat, and he normally functions as a sub-boss, very tough!), and "Meat" which really isn't a new character, just a bloody muscled skeleton that has the moves of whatever character you chose normally. The new characters get new weapons, and you can do a free weapon select so you get any weapon you want, so another character can use Cyrax's lightsaber. ;)

Also the endings in MK Gold are super high res versions of the CGI rendered endings which were (I believe) introduced in the PSX version, and you get new endings for the new characters.

MK Gold, as I've heard was originally very buggy when it came out, and so Sega issued a product recall on it. The original version was on a gold colored disc, but the 1.1 updated version was a red disc. I bought mine used for like $10 from a Hastings store and Marvel Vs. Capcom as well. It's not really as bad as people say, though I admit the "3-D" graphics took some getting used to (then again the gameplay is almost exactly the same as MK3, minus all the insane combos, you have "max damage" that stops you from getting too many hits). There is very little 3d movement (basically just sidesteps) and the weapons are just hack and slash deals you can whip out if you're quick, or toss a rock or something at them.

As far as Xbox emulators, are you sure? I knew a lot of preliminary emus had come out but thought they were all incomplete or only played demos or something.

IF there is an emulator that will let me take a purchased Xbox game and pop it into my DVD-ROM drive and play it on my PC, I'd definately go for it, all I'd need to do is buy the games. I never owned a PSX, but I bought PSX games I wanted when the emulation was perfect, so I could just play them straight from the commercial cd in my drive (and with better graphics than the original and less load time!).

Can anyone provide anymore information? I would be surprised if it were that easy. But maybe I've been away too long...

PS: If we're not allowed to discuss that sort of thing here, then fine, I understand, please PM me about it. ;) I wouldn't pirate these games, but if I have to burn a copy or something to make it playable on a PC that's cool, if I own the original.

Xbox Emulators

At this point in time, I highly doubt there is an emulator capable of running more than 2 or 3 retail games. And if and when such a program is created, make sure you have a hefty video card/processor, because I'm sure emulating the Xbox, or any current-gen system, will be a hassle...

well of course I own MK4 ... I just wanted to play the other ones , as I'll probablly never get a console ... :( As for the PS2 , the emulator goes in menu for MK:DA and then crashes , and the XBOX is even less capable ... belive me ... I've been keeping an eye on all emulators for the last 3 years and I have all versions and I know pretty much about them and it urges me to see I still can't play them :evil:

The link I just posted includes the screenshot of it in game so it gets past just the menus. Its a step in the right direction.