Old School roll call!!!

I first saw Raiden's head pop in an arcade when I was 12 or so. I remember getting 200+ win streaks during the popularity of MK2 which is still my favorite. Glad it's gotten back to it's roots, as I had quit playing at MK4. I used to spend a ton of time in #mk3. Had a lot of fun with coworkers playing MK9 now at the office. I wish I remembered my old screen name.

I'm one of the old schooler's from AGMK and assorted newsgroups and the old chatrooms as well. Nice to see that google groups still keeps those old newsgroups archived. :)

I'm one of the old schooler's from AGMK and assorted newsgroups and the old chatrooms as well. Nice to see that google groups still keeps those old newsgroups archived. :)

Were you in the old #mk3 IRC room? I just made myself sad by going back there and finding it empty.

Also I'm pretty sure this is the thread that led to me creating my TRMK account.

Were you in the old #mk3 IRC room? I just made myself sad by going back there and finding it empty.

Also I'm pretty sure this is the thread that led to me creating my TRMK account.

Sek, I used to do that occasionally and know what you mean.

Checking in myself. I was MYSTIKAL or mystss back in #mk3 days. Came across an article mentioning IRC the other day and did a search for "#mk3 tonyd" and found this thread, specifically the post from RevKano81. So many names brought back a lot of memories.

Old grumpy war veterans do not amuse me :p JK nice to see guys that lived the arcade days I barely did :(

Sek, I used to do that occasionally and know what you mean.

Checking in myself. I was MYSTIKAL or mystss back in #mk3 days. Came across an article mentioning IRC the other day and did a search for "#mk3 tonyd" and found this thread, specifically the post from RevKano81. So many names brought back a lot of memories.

Whoa... member older than me alert...

MYSTIKAL! How's it going man?

It's good. I work in computer security back in New Orleans after living in Dallas for a while. Crazy to see so many people pop up here. And how this thread goes so far back, dies down, and gets resurrected every once in a while when someone new comes across it like me.

Were you someone that was around back then, like #mk3 on efnet or whatever? I bet a lot of people changed their nicknames, is why I'm asking.

Rat, thanks for putting your site back up. The pages where you index the 'lamers' who've lifted stuff from the guides is classic

Damn Ratman is a blast from the past :smile: I also remember people like the guy that believed Mortal Kombat is real and he had a website called Lin Kuei Headquarters or something. Everyone remember any more old schoolers?

The golden age of Mortal Kombat was back between the end of 1992 until mid 1994...along with the golden age of the arcades and of course Mortal Kombat's rival Street Fighter. I miss those days :sad:

Back in like 1995 I used to go to Ratman's site. I think he was the 1st to have the Human Smoke code. Then a year later I went on hotweird.mk.com (this site)

http://rat.org/mk/faqs.html

http://rat.org/mk/bs/lamerz.html

Last edited: