SOAPS

Angel

Their the most perfectic piece of trash on TV... Yet their populaur, the pun of jokes and all. I've been thinking about this for years, I still don't get what makes people get atteracted to them.

The thing is, the story you see on them now will be recycled in 6 years time with different characters... The shows all use the same repeatative themes over and over again. Its like every girl in the show is a tramp who wants to bed every guy in the show (age/gender is meaningless too).

And because they are so populaur, they have christmas specials and they also have a soap on every one of the main channels... You can't escape them.

The worst? Eastenders. Easters is based on the East end of London. Man these guys spend most of their life in the pub and the other half doing things of no moral value. The other is Emmerdale, one based on a small village... Best thing that ever happened was they threw a plane on the whole village killing off the staff... But was on X-Mas day.

The only thing that was good about Eastenders was Ross Kemp. That show was awful otherwise. Such poor quality.

I've never really followed Soap operas too much. I grew up with a mother who watched them a ton (and still does although she is more a reality TV junkie now).

I actually watched Days of Our Lives for a few months when I was on campus my first year at ECU. My roommate turned it on one day and we were talking about how attractive two of the girls on the show were. Next thing you know we were watching it every day between classes. The show really sucked, like all Soaps, but you watch it ... just because.

Although they are not Soaps, I did watch Melrose Place a long time ago as well as Beverly Hills 90210. Both of those were good shows the first few seasons. After that they sucked.