Animating Tutorial

Immortal Reaver

This is a tutorial I made for Chief Thunder. I figured more people could use it.

OK so you want to learn how to animate? Here we go.

1.) Create a Folder anywhere; name it whatever you want. This will be the folder with your animation frames.

--------I liek to create my folders like this. it goes My Pictures>MK Fakes>Animations>*Animation's name* Frames> *Animation Name*

2.) Go into Photoshop. Create each individual frame for the animation. All you do is create fakes.

---------I'm not sure how you can get each frame if you add an animated GIF. Either try opening it up in photoshop and seeing if the frames come up and save each one, or keep hitting 'print screen' and try to capture all of the frames (which would be hard) If you add only sprites and text and things (things that don't move) you should be fine.

3.) After you have created each frame and placed each one in your folder you created open up ImageReady. The fastest way to do this if you have Photoshop open is go to File>Jump To>Imageready (I think CTRL+M works too?)

4.) Once in ImageReady go to File>Import>Folder as Frames

5.) Now you have opened your folder. Each frame should be listed horizontally in one of the windows. To animate it all you do is press play/stop on the window.

6.) If you want the animation to play slower, right click right under it where it says '0.0' and select any time frame you want.

7.) Once you are happy with your animation go to File>Saved Optimised As.. and save it where ever you wish.

and that's it :)

If you have any other questions just ask.

That's an okay tut for beginners. I like it, a little different than what I do though. I think this should be in artwork though.

Kona said:
That's an okay tut for beginners. I like it, a little different than what I do though. I think this should be in artwork though.

I thought about posting it there, but I thought it was only for produced atwork; not tutorials.

nah, there's a few tutorials there. if you post it there or move it it'l probably get stickied

Thanks again, IR, for the Tut. Like I said to you before, I'll give it a shot soon. I read through it, doesn't seem too hard.

ChiefThunder said:
Thanks again, IR, for the Tut. Like I said to you before, I'll give it a shot soon. I read through it, doesn't seem too hard.

It's not. If you or anyone else needs help I'll gladly help if I know how to solve your problem.