Chameleon

DAVE101

I was always fascinated with this character since I was a wee lad. Many people don't like him, either because he had no story or just didn't like his playability. I don't play with him often because it's not easy to play well with due to his unpredicabilty. But in the right hands, he can be deadly.

If you didn't know he is basicly all the male ninjas (scorpion, reptile. etc) compiled into one. Sort of like Shang Tsung but with no base or starting character, nor choosing who and when you morph. Between rounds he just rapidly flashes different colors, but when he's playing he only takes form of one ninja at a time. He morphs about every 8 seconds unless you are doing a character unique special (freeze, spear, etc. ) in which case you stay the same person. This can sometimes work with you or against you. He is always somewhat clear/transparent. He only appears in the disk versions of MK trilogy. (Sorry N64 owners, your stuck with Khameleon (female))

To fight chameleon, beat the game or 8 player tournament and choose the second treasure. To play as chameleon choose any male ninja and hold HK+HP+RUN+BLOCK+back/away before the round starts and you should poof into him as kahn says: "Fight"

Here are some random chameleon stuff, some made by me.

Chameleon battle: http://www.zippyvideos.com/9542876224250216/chameleon/

body1.gif

Chameleon.gif

babalitymovie.gif

miniChameleon.gif

mini_chameleon.gif

ChameleonMKII.gif

Excellent idea, I also like Chameleon.

Actually he does have some story: He is one of the deadliest assassins/fighters working for Khan... Adn that is all. (Other than he has the awesome ninja morph ability)

10/10 on the pics/etc. Some of which you made.

I think he should return for MK:A along with Khameleon and the secret CH Meat, but that is most likely just me. (CH for you to)

All in all great work.

-Pheonix

i want meat to return, every fighter needs a mokujin style character

tekken has mokujin, tetsujin, unknown and combot
soul calibur has Charade and inferno
Darkstalkers has Shadow and Marionette

why can't we have meat?

I wouldn't mind him and Khameleon being in the game... It would be itnereasting. But I don't think I'd like it if they had it as before where they changed all the time. It creates a challenge, yes, but you'd never be able to play them in MK:Arm. Though it does open the door for creatativity that way in mixing moves.

You could have Chameleon rotating all the male moves, khamleon all the females... It could be like they take a random first set of styles and then another from the second set of fighting styles the characters know. It could pose quite a challenge that way mixing and matching fighting combos as the styles change for each battle.

And then maybe Meat as someone who just takes anyones moves no matter what they are making it even more complex and intereasting.

I would like it if they made him original. If he had his own moves and a great storyline, I think he can make it in the world of MK. I agree with Angel about the characters stealing the moves. That's not really interesting or creative.

^Yes it is if they can shape shift like Shang Tsung, or have the morph ability. Chameleon/Khameleon the ability to change colors in different climates is where they come from.

Plus they could have it only one set of moves per match. (Sort of randomly selects only one ninja esque character)

well thats the point he's name is Chameleon he is suppose to take moves and turn into diffrent people.I mean it would be kinda cool for him to have his own moves but wouldnt that ruin his name or his personality

I don't think it would. It's kinda like Kitana and Jade. They have the same moves in MK2 but they are two different characters. I think if he had the colour changing outfit but had his own moves it wouldn't defeat the purpose of his name.

21Mafia said:
It's kinda like Kitana and Jade. They have the same moves in MK2 but they are two different characters.
NO they had different moves.

ANyway, if they put chameleon in armageddon, they better not do what we all think they're going to do with khameleon. By this I mean make into a specific reptilian character (after all that's what a chameleon is). Chameleon would have to go some serious changes that would ruin him. I say if they put him in another game, keep him a mystery. Don't give him a story, or original moves. A good idea would be to make his fighting styles that of every Ninja.

That's not what I meant, I meant to say that they both had the same weapons and costumes. they were pretty much the same character. Sorry, my bad. I didn't have my thinking cap on.

Yeah actually, they had the same costumes just different colours and Jade had fans as well as Kitana. What game were you playing.

animated_jade_mk2.gif

animated_kitana_mk2.gif

They both also threw their fans so yeah, they had the same moves too. Not EVERY SINGLE MOVE but they shared that one so he really isn't wrong.

Mafia21 wrote
That's not what I meant, I meant to say that they both had the same weapons and costumes. they were pretty much the same character. Sorry, my bad. I didn't have my thinking cap on.

I'm sorry but that is like saying Mileena and Kitana were the same character. Sure they had the same costume but the same could be said for Mileena. They only had two moves alike. [even that wasn't that big Smoke had Scorpion's spear and same kind of kostume]

It didn't mean Smoke was like Chameleon or Khameleon. I say keep them as they are changing them will screw them up. Just do what I hope they do:

-randomly select a ninja character and for that match he will be able to use the selected ninja's moves.

-Off topic: I hope they have Shang Tsung's morph back the same way: 1 morph per fight and it is random.

lol Khameleon is too 'slapped-together hidden' to be a bisic playable character. not my idea of standard fighter if his moves change constantly. and i dont really like how he handles.

Heres my idea.
I think they should imprint the classic look onto Chameleon and Khameleon as they had originally looked. And simply do the Palette swap thing they did before. Like a normal chameleon, they can't become a different shape so bring back palette swap. Similar to shang tsung, you hit in a button combination and he becomes a random color, but I think he should wear a white suit, not that old flashy rainbow bullshit. The same goes for Khameleon, she becomes one of the palett swapped females. Personally I think that the new look they've been giving to the charectars doesn't seem like the old mortal kombat I remember when I was young. They were all normal built, now they're all chunky and muscular, and bo rai cho was just rediculus, and when I get MK: Armageddon I'm gonna kick the shit out of him and Mokap. Ok, enough of my bad mouthin, lol. On to that 'meat' Idea. Personally I think that meat would make a great character, the only problem is the storyline, and the moves. What I would do is give him his own moves and such, he'd be really stealthy and quick. As for his storyline, lets say he was a slave resurected by the elder gods or quan chi or onaga or something in the distant past, his resurrector blessed him with a surprising amount of strength and agility as to move large objects (because he's a slave :p ). Not knowing his previous identity, he works because he believes those who ressurected him will tell him sooner or later, but they forgets about him and he flees to a small cave (The one he was in in Deception). Over the years, he has studied the tournament from afar and now he plans to join the fight on neither side, simply to gain the attention of his resurrectors and discover his true identity.
Personally, I think that would make a good storyline, but if you see any plotholes let me know.

now thats one kool idea, but i think it would be awesome if chameleon(m) would be just a 'cloaking' style ninja. to understand what im talking about, whatch the first few man-to-monster encounters in Predator. An invisible(sorta) ninja with all ninja moves. kool, or what?