MK2 for Sony PSX ?

QuanChiKiller

So has anyone here played or own this game for the psx. It's supposed to be an import from Japan. Just wondering how close of an "arcade perfect" port it is cause I saw it on ebay for a $150.00 "buy it now" price.

I've heard it's really not very good. The $150.00 is because of the rarity, since it was released before the PSX was even released in the US, which is why the game was never released in the US for that system.

I've also heard that the load times are completely unbearable. No matter how close it was to the arcade, though, there's no way in hell it could've been worth $150. Save your money and pick up a copy of MAT2, or if you want the best version of the game possible, download MAME.

I would prefer buying a SNES, then MK2, or SG with MK2, or a SS with MK2 it is way cheaper.

SNES/etc.=Around $20-30

MK2= $10-30

DeathcoreRyknow said:
I've also heard that the load times are completely unbearable. No matter how close it was to the arcade, though, there's no way in hell it could've been worth $150. Save your money and pick up a copy of MAT2, or if you want the best version of the game possible, download MAME.

Yeah I got MAT2 but......well, we all know how that goes. Anywayz MK2 on MAME would be best but I seem to be having some problems as far runing it on my xbox. I could run it on my pc, but that takes all the fun out of it somehow (especially when playing a 2 player game). So Deathcore, have you had any experience with that?

I've never tried to run MAME on my Xbox (it's not modded), but I understand what you're saying. The MAME version is the closest to the arcade no matter what, but I'll pick the MAT2 version anyday just due to the fact that I can play it with a console controller and its speed isn't cut down like it is with my PC's processor. I hate playing games on PC.

So looks like you're pretty much SOL, dude. MK2 on MAT may have its problems, but given that it's still emulating the original game, no PS conversion of it is going to be any better.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
I've never tried to run MAME on my Xbox (it's not modded), but I understand what you're saying. The MAME version is the closest to the arcade no matter what, but I'll pick the MAT2 version anyday just due to the fact that I can play it with a console controller and its speed isn't cut down like it is with my PC's processor. I hate playing games on PC.

So looks like you're pretty much SOL, dude. MK2 on MAT may have its problems, but given that it's still emulating the original game, no PS conversion of it is going to be any better.

Thanks for the help, I realy appreciate your knowledge on the subject at hand. BTW if you ever have a chance to run MAME on your xbox, MK1 runs like a charm!

--EDIT--
Well I finally got my hands on a copy of this port and let me just say holy sht! :shock: I'd have to say hands down that it's better than MAT:2. The only 2 things that keep it from being an arcade perfect port are:
1) The background music....same melody but sounds as if different instruments were used to play it.
2) As Dethcore mentioned above about the loading.....well I'm not sure how it is playing on a psx, but on the emu the loading times are at most 1 sec. long. All you get to see is a breif black screen with the words LOADING.... and the II symbol in the lower left corner. They are there and gone before you know it. The only problem is that they show up every time somthing changes (i.e. rounds, char. select, endings, ect.)

I've been playing all night to see if the rest of the game is intact. I was able to fight Smoke, Jade, and Noob in this version as well. I also noticed that every time the cpu defeats you, it will preform a Fatality (usually Fatality #1). All the sound fx are there and so are the shadows (without that glitchy flicker) So all in all I rate this one as the best.