mat2 mk2

Mortal Kombat II on Midway Arcade Tresures 2 and Shaolin Monks, is only the arcade version. I unlocked it on Shaolin Monks and realized all of the cheat codes, that work on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version, did not work... At all.. :shock:
Yep, from what I know, the arcade version has no Options menu, no codes, and no unlockables. It may have been the excellent arcade version, but it was hard as shit without changing the difficulty and adding some cheats if needed.

Just ignore the above post. All versions of mk2 regardless of which port, have the same methods for batteling the secret characters. Cheats are different, they vary with every system. Cheats are usualy only for the home systems. But secret fights aren't cheats.

Midway does not pay close attention to make sure the games are perfect. They all about putting the coolest games on there for sales. When they added the pause menu, they weren't thinking about how important the START button really was. So since hiting start brings up a pause menu instead of sending the command... YOU CAN NOT FIGHT SMOKE IN MAT2!

This upset me a lot when I found out.

I have never played MAT2. When you hit start, does it just pause or does it bring up a menu when it is paused? Can you unpause by pressing any button at all besides the start button?

DreemerNJ said:
I have never played MAT2. When you hit start, does it just pause or does it bring up a menu when it is paused? Can you unpause by pressing any button at all besides the start button?

It brings up a pause menu. It's a pretty concise menu, though; similar to what you see in most other games. If I recall correctly, it just gives you an option to continue the game, and option to exit, and then a settings option or two where you can change the screen size and the control layout.

I'm almost positive you can just highlight 'continue' and hit 'A' or whatever to go back to the game. Hitting 'start' again shouldn't be necessary.

You could fight with Noob in MK2 on the Super Nintendo port...

You had to enter a certain cheat during the CHARACTER SELECT...

Damn he kicked my ass a few times...

I still need to buy MAT2/Extended play..