Background in MK2

cl0wnage

I just started playing Mortal Kombat 2 a while ago, and I realized something that I did not know

In one of the arenas, you are on a bridge, and there is another bridge in the background

Does ANYBODY know who the hell those 2 people are? I heard from a friend that the one on the right is Blaze. Just double-checking though!

Pure speculation on that being Blaze. The guy in green is just a Kang sprite with a green stripe. He was affectionately known as Hornbuckle for some reason that escapes me atm.

He was called Hornbuckle because one of the hints to fight Jade in the game was "Look for Honbuckle." Hornbuckle was the name of one of the producers of the game though I think.

plus in the beginning they named Blaze Torch in the pit but i don't know why and just to let you know that bg is Pit 2.

Pit....2?

I may sound like a noob, because I am, but I never saw a pit 2 stage in MK2 or any of the Mortal Kombats as a matter of fact :shock:

cl0wnage said:
Pit....2?

I may sound like a noob, because I am, but I never saw a pit 2 stage in MK2 or any of the Mortal Kombats as a matter of fact :shock:

The main "bridge" arenas in each of the first three MKs were called the Pit, Pit 2 and Pit 3, respectively. The first one had spikes at the bottom, the second had nothing but a flat surface, and the third had rotating blades.

The level you are talking about IS Pit II.

The guy that's on fire is also reffered to as 'TORCH'

Blaze was gonna be called Torch orginally... Marvel has Copyrights on that name I think so he was called Blaze instead. Blaze's storyline is modelled around that scene basically.

Torch was just the name fans came up with for calling those two characters, same with the other. Neither actually had offical names. Their just background figures like Cyrax was in one scene (Ack! Can't remember the stuff about that arena @_@ ) in a desert sinking.