Motaro, Chameleon, Meat???

Mortal Kombat has gone far beyond pallete swaps and things of that nature, such as Meat. I can't believe anyone is even talking about him.

#1. Meat as he was would be just another waste of memory albeit a small one, so he's not really worth it, as the game is already going to be stretching its' limits.

#2. The bloody corpses that plague you in MKSM are basically Meat with no moves, which takes away any distinction or significance from his 'character', assuming he really had any to begin with.

#3. Taking into account the first two points I've made: In order to make Meat worth his salt, they'd have to give him a REAL character, which would involve exclusive moves, a biography, at least some sort of clothing to make him more interesting, and (considering that Meat is a really lousy name for a character) a name change.

That being the case, I have serious doubts about seeing a return of Meat. If Midway were going to add a new story, moveset, and character models, I hardly think they'd waste them on someone as uninteresting as he.

As far as Chameleon/Khameleon, most of the same goes, especially the pallet swapping. The only distinction these characters have is the loosely rumored relation to reptile. I see their return to be doubtful as well.

Disappointed said:
well, there's a good chance I'll be wrong about this, but I think they've just decided to leave all the characters that weren't in the "normal MK games (and SM)," after all...SM overwrote just about everything, so its more or less like the characters you named were omitted.

if I'm wrong though, feel free to interject.

I think you are and so I shall. :D

Shaolin Monks takes place largely in between MK1 and MKII (and later in the game during MKII).

The characters mentioned before were all from MK Mythologies and Special Forces, both of which takes place prior to MK1. So in effect nothing that happens in Shaolin Monks has much to do with either of those games, hence changing nothing with regards to them.

Contrary to all the (much overwrought IMO) furor surrounding Shaolin Monks' storyline and place in the MK timeline, the only major piece of MK lore Shaolin Monks has actually overwritten is the MKII comic by John Tobias.

Ohona, Hinoka, Kumari, Jataaka, and Kia are all from Mythologies, while Tremor, Tasia, and No Face are all from Special Forces. Mythologies is still very much recognized by Midway as a piece of the MK storyline (Sareena's spot on the Armageddon character roster is proof enough of that), but there's a possibility that Special Forces may have been largely forgotten about (and it has nothing to do with Shaolin Monks). But that's a topic for a different post.

KORE said:
Mortal Kombat has gone far beyond pallete swaps and things of that nature, such as Meat. I can't believe anyone is even talking about him.

#1. Meat as he was would be just another waste of memory albeit a small one, so he's not really worth it, as the game is already going to be stretching its' limits.

#2. The bloody corpses that plague you in MKSM are basically Meat with no moves, which takes away any distinction or significance from his 'character', assuming he really had any to begin with.

#3. Taking into account the first two points I've made: In order to make Meat worth his salt, they'd have to give him a REAL character, which would involve exclusive moves, a biography, at least some sort of clothing to make him more interesting, and (considering that Meat is a really lousy name for a character) a name change.

That being the case, I have serious doubts about seeing a return of Meat. If Midway were going to add a new story, moveset, and character models, I hardly think they'd waste them on someone as uninteresting as he.

As far as Chameleon/Khameleon, most of the same goes, especially the pallet swapping. The only distinction these characters have is the loosely rumored relation to reptile. I see their return to be doubtful as well.

If meat and K/Chameleon return it would properly be best in a future game rather then MK:ARM. As quite a few people have stated... Things are being pushed right now, why add to that? However, if they return in a FUTURE game there is a chance that that game will not be so pushed for memory allowing them their spot in the roster.

SOL-740 said:
Disappointed said:
well, there's a good chance I'll be wrong about this, but I think they've just decided to leave all the characters that weren't in the "normal MK games (and SM)," after all...SM overwrote just about everything, so its more or less like the characters you named were omitted.

if I'm wrong though, feel free to interject.

I think you are and so I shall. :D

Shaolin Monks takes place largely in between MK1 and MKII (and later in the game during MKII).

The characters mentioned before were all from MK Mythologies and Special Forces, both of which takes place prior to MK1. So in effect nothing that happens in Shaolin Monks has much to do with either of those games, hence changing nothing with regards to them.

Contrary to all the (much overwrought IMO) furor surrounding Shaolin Monks' storyline and place in the MK timeline, the only major piece of MK lore Shaolin Monks has actually overwritten is the MKII comic by John Tobias.

Ohona, Hinoka, Kumari, Jataaka, and Kia are all from Mythologies, while Tremor, Tasia, and No Face are all from Special Forces. Mythologies is still very much recognized by Midway as a piece of the MK storyline (Sareena's spot on the Armageddon character roster is proof enough of that), but there's a possibility that Special Forces may have been largely forgotten about (and it has nothing to do with Shaolin Monks). But that's a topic for a different post.

MK Special Forces took place after MK3 but before MK4, proff being that Jax has metal arms in MKSF, and Jarek hadnt joined the good guys yet, which he does in MK4

Kal-El said:
MK Special Forces took place after MK3 but before MK4, proff being that Jax has metal arms in MKSF, and Jarek hadnt joined the good guys yet, which he does in MK4

Nope, that is incorrect. Although you wouldn't be blamed for making that mistake. MK Special Forces was supposed to take place before MK1. There's quite a story behind that game's (ill fated) development. It's the kind of subject that really deserves its own thread (and I'll probably make one myself in the near future). But the short answer: Jax's cybernetic arms in that game were supposed to be "prototypes" he was testing in the field.

And it's certainly not post MK3 because of Kano's status in that game. By MK3 he was a minion of Shao Kahn and had pretty much abandoned the Black Dragon more or less. In Special Forces he's still running about with the organization and doesn't even know of Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, and the Mortal Kombat tournament's existence. And for conclusive proof, Jax is completely awestruck by the concept of "parallel realms". By MK3 he and Sonya had formed the Outerworld Investigation Agency, whose entire purpose is the exploration of new realms.

And yes I know that nowhere in-game does it say that Jax's cybernetic arms are prototypes. But it would've if... ah hell I'd have to go into the whole "behind the scenes at Midway" story to explain and like I said, that really belongs in its own thread. Just trust me on this for the time being m'kay? :wink:

Nobody knows. Meat isn't that important know that I think about it.

Motaro would be hard to fit due to his design. They would have to rework moves. BTW this is already a topic before. shouldn't this be locked?

KH/Chameleon are two seperate characters. One is female another is male. They copy off of male ninjas for KH, and females for CH.

^Which would still be cool.

I want at least those two and Horn Buckle.

I would love to have Meat and Khamelion in the game.
Maybe Motaro. But I also think they should make a robot version of Rain or Sub-Zero! That would be cool.

kid_on_a_corner said:
I would love to have Meat and Khamelion in the game.
Maybe Motaro. But I also think they should make a robot version of Rain or Sub-Zero! That would be cool.

Not really.

He wouldn't be able to use his ice powers in fear of destroying himself.

And Rain. Uses "water, thunder powers" if he uses them... As a robot... Fried circuits anyone?

Plus we don't want another MK Ninja/Robot Kombat.
*MK:T/UMK3*

There are way too many Robots already. Plus Sub-Zero couldn't fit as a robot his soul would be gone and we don't need a remake of Cyrax's/Sektor's storyline. Plus The Lin-Kuei would kill him first over the whole one thing that happened during MK2/MK3/MK4/etc.

^I still don't think they have given up on killing him "yet".

If something isn't broken don't fix it.

The Lin-Kuei wouldn't do shit to Sub-Zero, he LEADS the Lin-Kuei now! Besides, Cyrax got his soul back and is thus free and Smoke works for Noob now so he has no quarrel with Subby. Sektor is the only one trying to build an evil army of the tekunin to overthrow the world. He doesn't like Subby.

On a side-note, Rain would make a perfectly good cyborg since he could use his electronic discharge as a weapon.

I think that Frost would make a good Robot, and it would make sense since she is friggin dead and it would be a somewhat more logical way of bringing her back to life as opposed to simply "after awakening from a deep frozen sleep, Frost found herself..."

ywoodz said:
what about mokap and blaze...if anyone hasn't said those yet...

Didn't you see that spread in Game Informer? They'll be in the game for sure. Don't ask me why.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
ywoodz said:
what about mokap and blaze...if anyone hasn't said those yet...

Didn't you see that spread in Game Informer? They'll be in the game for sure. Don't ask me why.
I guess I missed that part...I guess it's cool that they are actually including them, but I wouldn't be that upset if they didn't because I consider more of a joke then crucial to the storyline.

Well, Mokap may be useless but Blaze appears to be crucial to the story this time (If his positioning is anything to judge from)

Most likely he will be the sub-boss.

Why is Mokap back again... I mean his story doesn't even have anything in it, plus he looks so.. So stupid.

He didn't even have any original moves.

Why they make characters like Mokap or bring him back is confusing to me...

Well... So long as he isn't a SU again... I mean... The last thing you need is him as another SU...

I think they should have Khameleon return but instead of moves of all the female ninjas she should have moves similar to Reptile. I mean what does being a raptor have to do with stealing other peoples moves. It'd be nice to see if she tried to find Reptile or something in her storyline.

Her name was probably* gained from the same way Reptile's was... Reptile got his name just from the fact that when Scorp's and Subby's colours were put together they came out green. Reptile's are green. Kham's colour rotate so they probably* did the same thing... And since she had another lizard name they linked her and Reptile together.

I don't really count her as really an offical character.

*For Krypt... :wink:

Poncho said:
I think they should have Khameleon return but instead of moves of all the female ninjas she should have moves similar to Reptile. I mean what does being a raptor have to do with stealing other peoples moves. It'd be nice to see if she tried to find Reptile or something in her storyline.

You also forgot the male counter part. Khameleon.

Also WTF? She isn't a raptor.

A chameleon is a lizard that changes its color around in enviroments...

Also Khameleon is a Mortal Kombat+Chameleon reference think about how they spell things. Kontinue, Kombat, Kreate, Kharacter, Kahn, Kano,etc.

Also has anyone noticed Kano is one less letter than Kanon?

Could it be? Nah nevermind.

There seems to be a neverending confusion about the changing ninja characters in Mortal Kombat: Trilogy. To clear things up once and for all I say this:

In the playstation version of MK:T they placed a character "Chameleon" with no story to speak of and could morph at random into any of the male ninjas.

In the N64 version a character known as Khameleon took his place, but instead representing the female ninjas. She, unlike Chameleon, had a storyline and bio. She is a member of Reptile's "raptor" species which is why many people believe she will interact with Reptile in future Mortal Kombat games. If there is still any confusion, I suggest you Google for a picture of her exact Bio and read for yourself.