CG'ed, real-time, or graphic endings?

RavenGT

What do you guys think?

Do you guys think Midway will work their asses off (this is the last current generation title, after all) and create full CG endings for everything single character (a la Deception intro)? Or will Midway head back to the old times with N64-Mortal Kombat 4 style real-time rendered endings? Or, will they do some disappointing half-assed graphic endings like Deception? Oh please god, no. I'd be satisfied with real-time, and it'd be orgasmic if it was all CG'ed.

Actually, the endings I wasn't even thinking about, but seeing all those characters having their own CG ending doesn't sound realistic unless Midway has a hell of a lot of people working on this game. I'm not even sure if they'll be the MK4 type endings. It might be the frame by frame endings again because they seem to be really focusing on gameplay and characters this time around. I don't think anyone even knows how many fatalities each character will have.

I don't really care how the endings are made (CG/MK4 style/or frames), as long as they're written well for the storyline considering that this game will be just about everyone's last supposedly.

The two-frame endings with text have been the standard MK ending style ever since MK1. MK4 was an aberration. I don't know what you noobs are complaining about regarding the MKDA and MKD endings.

For all the characters not making a return next time, I think that the standard two frame ending with dramatic music and good narration would be emotional in the extreme. I think that major endings, possibly for people like Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, and Scorpion would benefit from being fully animated.

Yeah I agree... With the main endings at least you'd know they were the true ones... All the others would be standard what ifs so wouldn't need them.

Even if they do not do the CG endings or graphic endings, they should at least put a bit more work into their frame by frame endings. The ones in Deception, were rather dissapointing as the endings would just revolve around "*insertnamehere* beat Onaga and won and blah blah blah". They should be able to display some personality to each of the characters...which is what I am hoping for Midway to at least do in MKA

Yea, I enjoyed DA's endings a lot more compared to Deception...although i didnt play DA much...i still saw a couple of character endings and they were pretty damn good.

I can confirm [through speculation] that the game will NOT utilize FMV/CG movies for character endings, because FMV movies are extremely large and space consuming, multiply that by 60 characters and you'd end up having Armageddon on a dual-layered DVD! ...which I'm sure is not going to happen. Midway never does dual-layer.

I'm not a fan of the animated endings. The written endings tell a much better and more in-depth story opposed to the 20-30 second animated endings that generally don't explain much at all.

In case you didn't notice, the narrative endings in Deception and Deadly Alliance are only like 20-30 seconds long as well, you can still narate it just as well with moving pictures as with still-lifes.

But the time they did do that they just had haggard half assed animated endings (Arcade) and some cool CG with the same half assed story info (Playstation). Video can take a lot of space on a disc and with the 60+ characters I doubt we'll see them in this generation. I don't think narration over a video would work out either - with the endings refering to different times and places, as well as some back history for almost all of them, it wouldn't be very cohesive at 20-30 seconds.

Now if they could do say one ultimate ending. Give everyone the story board endings then have one big assed video either by unlock or after beating the game with everyone would be cool and even at 2 minutes could show the true ending (as opossed to the "possible" endings given for specific characters). But with MK being a fighting tournament it can be hard to make a video to show the story without having to just watch characters fight.

I'd really love to see some MK4-type endings, I'm getting a little bored of stilled images and endings, it can't really express everything. And I sometimes feel like i'm missing steps when characters die or something... Yeah... MK4 Endings all the way. :wink:

As much as I would like to see a CGed ending, they probably won't do it. It takes a lot of time, and to get this game out by October, I don't think they have the time to make computer graphic endings for 50+ characters.

Wasn't this topic in the Future MK games section?

Anyway it won't happen most possibly. Because? A)It takes a lot of memory. *Time is nothing they could get it done easily its memory that is the problem*

B)Time consuming... *Call me a hypocrite^ but I think if they worked over-time they could put it in...*

C)They would have to make them "excellent!"

D)Refer to the above^.