Official MK Acronyms Thread

Jay

I didn't know where to put this so I decided to post this in the MKAr discussion where people are most likely to see it.
For those who don't know, acronyms are phrases and words that shorten other longer words by using its first letters. For example, the term DNA, actually means Deoxyribonucleic acid.
Acronyms save time by typing less so already all of you use these everyday.
So on to the topic, I was thinking that with the release of MK: Armageddon, fans are obviously going shorten the title to "MK:A". This is fine by me, except there are already two other MK titles that go by "MK:A" - MK: Annihilation and MK: Advanced.
So... I will try to make a master list of acronyms for all MK titles which hopefully everyone in the MK community will use. The purpose of this is to save confusion in the future.

Games
Mortal Kombat (referring to series) - MK
Mortal Kombat (referring to first game) - MK1
Mortal Kombat II - MK2 or MKII
Mortal Kombat 3 - MK3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - UMK3
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero - MKMS or MKM
Mortal Kombat 4 - MK4
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces - MKSF
Mortal Kombat Trilogy - MKT
Mortal Kombat Gold - MKG
Mortal Kombat Advanced - MKAdv
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - MKDA or MK5
Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition - MKTE
Mortal Kombat: Deception - MKD or MK6
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - MKSM
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - MKAr or MK7

Films
Mortal Kombat (referring to first movie) - MKtM
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation - MKAn
Mortal Kombat: Devastation - MKDev

Series
Mortal Kombat: Conquest - MKC
Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm - MKDOTR

What I am trying to do is make a big list of acronyms for those who want to know what certain things mean.
For example, people who are new to MK might not know what MKMS stands for and since most people already shoertn Special Forces to MKSF, then he or she wouldn't know and probably would look bad by asking.
Also, like I had said, there are three MK titles that begin with an A.
So if someone said "MK:A is cool", it would be hard to know which title that they are talking about. This is the purpose of this list.

Wait so you are just making a list? No offence or anything, and I am not trying to be an assbag, but I am pretty sure everyone knows what MKA stands for.

But this is to help people. I am not just making a random list.
And for the record, not everyone may agree to having Armageddon as "MKA" (as said before) because MK: Annihilation was considered to be "MKA" for many years. I just want to make a neutral list that everyone could agree on and would use in the future.

This is a good thread and I understand that its to help people. I was just expressing my opinion on what I though. By the way I am moving this to Kombat in the Media.

I refer to MK7 as MK:Arm... Because I prefer not to get that confused with the crappy movie.

Jay said:
Well you can help me. Tell me the titles.

mortal kombat
blood & thunder
battlewave
goro prince of pain
rayden and kano
baraka
kung lao
kitana and mileena
Tournament Edition
U.S. Special Forces
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 4
Mortal Kombat Super Book

thats the last of them

Well are they still referred to by name? Because I honestly don't think that every MK fan will know all MK Malibu titles.