More Armageddon

Thats the part I'm not looking forward to... :?

Seeing if any of the bad things I hope they don't allow it to do appear.

Since this is a roundup of the last few mortal kombat games I'd like to see multiple constume designs for each character. and no more krypt, I almost went insane trying to get everything in deception :shock: :shock:
Also the Toasty guy has to make a re-appearence.

Angel said:
Thats the part I'm not looking forward to... :?

Same here. I just think that the create a character thing is going to take away from the already limited amount of time they have to put into this game by October.

Aside from that, I've always thought they've had fantastic characters (not counting the new characters in recent games) and never felt the need to create one of my own. How the hell could I possibly make a cooler character than frickin' Scorpion?

Look at how much stuff they're planning to put into this game in such a relatively short amount of time, though. These games normally feel rushed enough as it is, so I'm worried that this one is going to end up a complete mess.

Anyway, the only thing I can really add that I want to see that wasn't already mentioned in that article is a longer arcade mode.

If it was really good I'd create Tremor, Motaro or Chameleon. Or maybe the real Ninja Smoke. Cant wait. I think there will be also create a fighting style or select them.

I think some peeps are jumping ahead of themselves with the character creatation mode. For all we know you could only be able to stuff a straight jacket and a ninja mask on it. Lets see what it does first before we get hopes high. Its like couting your eggs before their hatched.

I agree with pyro, Soul Calibur 3 had a very disappointing feel to it. Although I think that it wuold have a standard selecting fighting style from a list.

As Angel said, don't count the chickens before they hatch

Create a Character worked wonders for Soul Caliber III, at least in my town. It was one of the most talked about features, and the only reason my friends bought the game. We don't want MK falling behind now do we?

If I was even interested in buying the game, all I would want is for the love of God don’t make like 7 versions of it each with something different. Way too many games do that now days and I felt seriously burned after buying Deception.

Don't make a Game-Cube one unless you make it equal to the others. And don't give extra characters to one version and not the other. I spent $150.00 on a PS2, mostly for Deception. Forked out the extra $10.00 to get the Collector’s Edition of the game which totals about $60.00. And called Game-Stop every day once it was supposed to come out until they got their copies in. Only to find out a few months later that I could have freaking bought it for the system I already had and gotten two more characters for it, two I really like, and all I had to do was say screw the online play. I will never forgive Midway until they either send me $210.00, or make a downloadable patch to play as Goro and Shao Kahn on the PS2.

My advice is don’t buy the game until about a year or two after its released to make sure Midway doesn’t pull the same crap and screw everyone over again. I already have Mortal Kombat Trilogy and I am not looking for a fancy 3D one that gives Midway a chance to screw me over all over again. Thank you and good-night.

MoonEye821 said:
If I was even interested in buying the game, all I would want is for the love of God don’t make like 7 versions of it each with something different. Way too many games do that now days and I felt seriously burned after buying Deception.

I agree with you there, I can't stand it when they release the same game with maybe one or two extras and make you pay another $50 for it. Unless (see below)

Don't make a Game-Cube one unless you make it equal to the others. And don't give extra characters to one version and not the other. I spent $150.00 on a PS2, mostly for Deception. Forked out the extra $10.00 to get the Collector’s Edition of the game which totals about $60.00. And called Game-Stop every day once it was supposed to come out until they got their copies in. Only to find out a few months later that I could have freaking bought it for the system I already had and gotten two more characters for it, two I really like, and all I had to do was say screw the online play. I will never forgive Midway until they either send me $210.00, or make a downloadable patch to play as Goro and Shao Kahn on the PS2.

point 1. Don't buy a system for one or two games. Worst mistake ever. (ask 7th Number about GTA:LCS and you'll see what I mean.)

point 2. Gamecube owners had to wait an extra six months, not to mention deal with the fact that it wasn't online. Technically, they did make it equal by giving the GC 2 extra characters that didn't fit in with the storyline. Besides...Goro and Kahn really weren't all that great in MKD.

My advice is don’t buy the game until about a year or two after its released to make sure Midway doesn’t pull the same crap and screw everyone over again. I already have Mortal Kombat Trilogy and I am not looking for a fancy 3D one that gives Midway a chance to screw me over all over again. Thank you and good-night.

Midway didn't screw anyone over, you screwed yourself. I knew that MKD was coming out for Gamecube back in the October that it was released for ps2 and xbox, and I waited, rather than buying a new system I didn't really want at the time. Where did I find this info? if i remember correctly, Pat answered my question almost as soon as I asked it here. The fact that you didn't research anything (besides calling Gamestop...whoopy :roll: ) kind of says something, ya know?

And, you said it yourself. You don't want a "fancy 3D trilogy", so don't buy it. If you think that Midway is going to "Screw you," you're very well-able to not buy their products.

Fin.

Midway was not going to make a Game-Cube originally. Are you stupid? Don't you think I check these things? I usually don't waste time checking fan sites with their rumors that don't get confirmed as right or wrong until it doesn't matter. I got sick of that with other sites a long time ago. I checked the official site and official adds. There was no mention of Deception for Game-Cube in any add or official site until after the originals had been bought. I bought the system because I love, loved, Mortal Kombat and got excited about the game. It was clear for a very long time by many, many, many sources I checked online for months before the game was released that there was not going to be a Game-Cube version because the Game-Cube doesn't go online so Midway found it pointless. The only reason it came out at all is because the first two where such a run away success. Online play will die in a year or so for everyone except the devoted fans. That happens with every game except maybe the super-star online gamea like StarCraft. Online play is a temporary thing because people loose interest. Especially with a fighter, they’d rather invite over a friend in person. Two more characters will be forever. That is not a fair and even trade. NEVER replace features for characters. Use some common sense; if I KNEW the game was going to come out for my system someday don't you think I would have waited instead of blowing $210.00 of B-Day money? EXCUSE ME for not checking backwater fan-sites. I checked the official site, official ads, and big-name game rating sites instead.

Midway screwed me over by not officialy informing me of the Game-Cube version until after they knew there was enough time that people already bought the other versions. That way the could price-gauge by adding two more characters, take advantage of the fans, and make even more money. My final review, Midway cares more about profit than their fans, obviously. Midway screwed me over by not informing me properly.

So, no, I do not plan on buying anything new from Midway. I'd rather find a PC MKT some day. I will not buy the Game-Cube Deception now for two more chatacters. And I will not buy MKA. Like I said, I will never forgive them. They never even responded to my e-mail. At least they could say sorry, or explain why they did what the did, or something. They didn't even care enough to respond. That's not caring about the fan in my book.

Good luck finding a (legal) copy of MKT for the PC... Cause even I can't find a store with one still hanging around. Best bet is the internet, though thats too tempting to downloading a illegal copy of the game.

I've said it once... I'll say it again. A lot of companies went over to 3D because they have no choice. Critics attack Street fighter if they don't go 3D, one case they questioned how long they were gonna keep producing 2D games in this day and age. Everyone EXCEPTS 3D games.

As far as I can tell, Midway acted like any other company would. Hell I've brought games only to find 2 months later a better verison has come out or a cheaper verison. You don't know what some companies are gonna do. They made the game-cube game because fans wanted it on there, but only if enough sold for tyhe other two consoles? Whats wrong with that? Several companies do that sort of thing, it saves money investing in a game that won't sell.

The same thing has been said of MK:SM, 'we'll bring out a game cube verison depending on the response'. Game Cube couldn't take advantage of on-line play, so they gave out two characters instead. They DID say they were thinking about releasing the MK:D game cube verison ages before they announced it. They didn't screw you over at all. Disappointed said it correctly... You screwed yourself over.

If midway didn't care about fans, then why did Scorpion appear in UMK3? The fans complained when he wasn't in MK3, so they made a game souly so the guy can reappear in.

about the post

Back 2 the topic...i REALLY DNT WANT TO SEE the puzzle and chess crap...What I m expectinga little bit is more "light wearing" chracters...just to see some chracters with a lot of armors kind of saint seiya makes me tired or somethin...XD John Turk ownz...

People people, please calm down.

The Kreate-A-Character looks fine. (SC3s didn't suck BTW)

It looks ok. This will be better than Trilogy, and all your favorite characters may not return in the next game of the series. (other than Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and ?????)

So enjoy it. The Kreate-A-Fatality will/looks awesom/sounds awesom finnaly getting to turn the fatality the way you want. :).

Gosh you people act like everythings going to suck. No, stop acting so so, stupid. Its not even out yet. (Midway has only failed us in SF, and MSZ *the two action games they first created* the rest have been fine.

The detail/gameplay doesn't look rushed. It looks great actually. (although I wish Rain didn't look so... So Desporadoish)

To the person who said they didn't know Deception was coming to the GC, how could you have not known? Some workers of it even said it may go to GC with exclusives not in PS2/Xbox before release. Also they didn't get online, and had to wait 6 months... Fair deal IMHO.

(of course I have all systems so I don't worry about such stuff)

People this game will be great or I hope it will be. Trilogy 2 well sort of. This game will tie up all the loose ends of all of the characters. *hopefully Motaro will be in it even though his modle might be a little difficult to put in the game*

They are brining back air combos/combat. (similar to jumping in MK2, 3, and Trilogy.)

Konquest playing like SM, KAK/KAF, all characters *hopefully horn beet Motaro, Meat, Chameleon/KH, and Smoke human/Smoke-without Noob like in the older games.

Its 3D with all of our oldies/new characters from the fighting games. (non-adventure)

Plus it has at least 60 characters *if includes Motaro, etc.*

If you think the graphics look choppy it is because A)photos usually look that way/choppy, and B) Its still many months away till its released.

: To me that looks impressive. Plus many characters will never return to the games/series. (except Scorpion/Sub-Zero/?????) I would want to play as my current favorites at least one last time before they start this supposive new roster of characters. Wouldn't you?

To another person the one who said "The chess/puzzle sucked" *something like that" Uh, no it didn't. *ok the chess one did a little but the puzzle one was decent*

I ecpect it to be a promising game so stop being so "This game is gonna be rushed/sucky. Get real you don't know that as I don't know if some of my fantasys for this game will either. *such as the other characters to be in it*

Notes: Who the heck is Hornbeet/Horn beet? character reffered to in hints in MK2/whatever the other game was.

Why would it be hard to put Motaro in?: A)He is shaped differently+they may have to make it so he can't be fatalitied/death trapped. (which would be fine with me as long as he returns, because it won't be the same without him.

So please people act like you at least have faith in it...