birth of MK

birth of MK or not?

• yes dude you are correct

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no u are entirely wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kold_as_ice92

okay i remember an OLD fighting game exactly like MK and had 2-on-2 action with special moves and special guys. People could breath fire and it was like Nintendo/Atari 2600 graphics. Then MK came out like 10 or 20 years later and no-one payed much attention to the other game. I forget the name and would u guys consider this the birth of MK or not?

Digitized graphics in a game in '72 - '82? I really have my doubts about this. Pit Fighter was one of the first digitized graphics games I thought, and that was released very close to MK. I don't think any games with digitized graphics would have been coming out before '87 at the earliest.

Yeah and there were no digitized graphics like MKs or Pit Fighters for NES or Atari.

I can't think of any other game besides Pit Fighter that he could be talking about and that came out less then 2 years before MK1.

kold_as_ice92 said:
well, i remember the name was like Jui Juitsu Fighter or something like that......

No idea. Was this for the arcade?

I know of a lot of games with digitized graphics but none that came before MK besides Pit Fighter. Ones like Way of the Warrior, and Survival Arts came later (and were furiously heinous)

i remember it was featured on one of those GameBoy Advance Classic Collections like how they have Namco and poop like that.

Which collections are out there?
Namco and Midway collections for GBA don't have anything like that I think. Maybe that Japan only Hudson one?

I think I know what he's talking about. I don't remember the name, but there was a cheap knock-off of Mortal Kombat, digitized actors, super-powered ninja's, and Super Killers (Fatalities). I think it was called King of Fighters, or something like that.

no, King of Fighters is a gay knockoff(i know), and i hate it and its characters and gameplay. this one had sprites worse sprites than megaman 1.

kold_as_ice92 said:
no, King of Fighters is a gay knockoff(i know), and i hate it and its characters and gameplay. this one had sprites worse sprites than megaman 1.

Ok, I don't know why I was thinking you said something about digitized character graphics.

You're not talking about Yie Ar Kung Fu are you? That's come out on compilations.

DreemerNJ said:
You're not talking about Yie Ar Kung Fu are you? That's come out on compilations.

If he is, he's not remembering it very well. No one could breathe fire in that one, and it isn't nearly as old as he says it is (though he could be exaggerating I guess).

Love Cowboy said:
DreemerNJ said:

If he is, he's not remembering it very well. No one could breathe fire in that one, and it isn't nearly as old as he says it is (though he could be exaggerating I guess).

Yie Ar Kung Fu is from 1985. It sounds like it would fit the time frame.

Uhhh.. Street Fighter maybe? There was an older fighting game, Fung Fu or Karate Fighter or something. I remember playing it on Nintendo Entertainment System. Thats all I know.

no, no, screw Street Fighter. I seriously feel that DreemerNJ has hit the mark. Dingdingdingdingding!!! I think he's honestly correct. BRAVO, DEAR BOY!