reptiles allignment

Rage_Of_Reptile

why is reptile labeled as evil? is it really evil that all he wants is to be back with his own kind? and after shao kahn was killed he really wasnt evil at all. he just wanted somewhere to belong yet he was still considered evil. does this confuse anyone else?

Yeh he's evil.After Shao Kahn died Reptile went crazy and ate a bunch of Kitanas men.If he had any good in him then Raiden would resuce him.Reptile is as evil as they come.However I see your point,I fell bad for Reptile in his MK4 ending where Reptile killed for Shinnok only so he could get back to his people,Shinnok refused and blew up his head.Haha Reptile will never have a happy ending.

He also always ends up serving evil guys like Shang Tsung. He's never fought on the side of good, even for the most fleeting of moments.

he's always served Shang and Kahn. If Dracula was evil, his ally was evil, thus meaning Reptile was evil. If serving an evil person and not opposing him (secretly) makes him good, then the jailhouse-soap fell on the drain and my cellmate's name is Bubba.

It is sad that Reptile has a pitiful life.But honestly if Reptiles character turned good and got a huge role he wouldn't be as cool.However he did get some recognition when he was possesed by the Dragon King.However no one realy took into account that Onaga was using Reptiles body so Reptile didn't get any credit.haha poor Reptile.

kold_as_ice92 said:
he's always served Shang and Kahn. If Dracula was evil, his ally was evil, thus meaning Reptile was evil. If serving an evil person and not opposing him (secretly) makes him good, then the jailhouse-soap fell on the drain and my cellmate's name is Bubba.
OK WTF? I never really thought Reptile was such a bad guy, but then again, he murdalized lots of men in a violent rage... though I never got how he turned into the Dragon King... I need to have this explained to me.

Reptile followed Cyrax and Nitara to the place (I think it was inside the outworld planet..they don't really explain it) where the orb that bound Nitara's realm was. Cyrax got the orb, Nitara sent him back to Earth, and she went back to her home realm.

Reptile showed up right after they left, and found a dragon egg. The spirit of the Onaga came into him, and overtook his body. As far as I know this is right, but if anyone else can help me out and set me straight, I'd appriciate it.

This is the case for most charaters. Reptile does merely want to be with his counterparts deeming him neutral. Shao Kahn has exploited this and uses it to make Reptile do his bidding. Reptiles main priority however remains unchanged. When Shao Kahn dies, I actually don't care what the booklet says but he is officially neutral. So I agree with the guy who styarted the thread, it's all about what conditions Reptile is under. Of course his motives and actions can be described as evil i.e. he is able to kill people, but then again so are the shaolin monks whom kill tarkatans. When you really REALLY think about it, Reptile is not that different from what we consider to be a "good character" such as say...Liu Kang.

I mostly agree with shotgun, Though I don't believe the game ever says evil or good, except in MK:DA his allignment is evil. He was most likely classified as evil because he was forced to do Shao Khan's bidding, after that it is ALL opinion. Mine is since he was forced to do so much evil in the past he may very well be evil just from habbit, we won't really know until the game says otherwise.

To me Reptile is like a slave firts he works for Shang,next Shao Khan,Shinook and the Deadly Alliance(But he defeats them both as betrayal)