MAT:EP review: By me Dekabreak

Dekabreak

I got MAT:EP by my mail. (Pre-Order)

This review is under developent, I only played the Mortal Kombat 1-3.

GRAPHICS: (9.5/10) I really like the graphics, shadows dissapears a bit, but mostly shows it during fights.

SOUND: (10/10) Flawless Victory! The sound is very nice now! They fixed the MK3 sound bug, but great sounds!

PLAY CONTROL: (10/10) Very great for portable. They fixed the problems with the Smoke access start button.

OVERALL: (10/10) A very great MAT game, for a portable. You ppl should buy this!

I also picked this game up the other day, and I must say it's very good. The only thing is that there are short load times (about 2 seconds) when you move on to the next character in MK II and 3. And there is also a slight pause when you perform a fatality in II and 3. Other than that the games seem to be much better in my opinion than their MAT2 counter-parts. The sound is great and the graphics look so crisp and clean on the PSP's screen (they even fixed the flickering shadows). The controls are also very well done compared to if you've played the MK's on any of the console emulators on the PSP. All in all, I'd give the MK games on MAT a solid 9 outta 10.

I was unable to fight smoke in MKII. They did something with the start button because on MAT 2 when you try to do the DOWN+START it pauses. Now it doesn't pause, it just freezes for a second and keeps going. Still no smoke.