Sprite Making

Kona

Ok, for the time being (untilli re-install ps7) I will try to get into sprite making. Things I need to know and tips for me. Can any of you reccomend or use a programs for creating figures and sprites? I know most ppl just use paint, but i need a crutch. Also, how do you make sprites in paint anyway, it's too hard lol. I am not just talking editing MKWharehouse sprites, im also talkin bout the little megamen and such. If you could provide info much thanx.

first of all, Kona, with editing sprites Megaman sprites to look like MK characters, i'll give the basics. First, when u make different characters, you have to take their blunt objects(kung lao's hat, etc) and sample the sprites to re-create them. Now, make multiple colors on the character's suit. lay it all out and then go into detail--start changing the shading on the outfits and then make their masks and other effects. add modifying touches like fades and scars with THOUSANDS of multiple colors. the basic Paint colors won't do squat for uniqueness. get down to the last detail like i do with megaman sprites. use exact replications for close-in detail.

(mkII Johnny Cage)

i use a combo of paint and photoshop cs2. only advice i can really give you is to say that whatever you can't manage in paint, you can use photoshop for. add all small details or new features in paind if you can, and then use photoshop to improve the quality of these features. it's very hard to describe my own process so you'll have to use your imagination.