What's this game is turning to?

I was lost,in putting this thread in classics or futures but it ended up here...

Well,i was playing umk3 last night then i played deception,i relized a big diffrence...I relized that MORTAL KOMBAT isn't a fighting game anymore,it's a "kombo" game:(.

The game after armagadon shouldn't have the 3 fighting style systems..And all the kombo putted on the move list???wtf???.

All of that should go.Do you think so?

Combos have been around for a while, Kitana's fan combos in MK2 for example. Ed was shocked when he heard some of the stuff people were coming up with. Its all a matter of timing, testing and perfecting each chracter.

At least now the combos are listed for everyone to see in each game... But that still doesn't stop us exploring more that are not here.

Well, I think it was a lot easier to figure out combos in UMK3, for one. I understand the need for a movelist you can quickly access in-game now because there are a ton more combos scattered through all the different fighting styles. Before, you basically had like 3 or 4 combos per character, and usually your longest combo would only be about 4-6 hits, so a movelist wasn't all that necessary. Now, however, you've got several combos in every fighting style and your longest ones are often damn near 10 hits, so that's a whole lot more crap to remember.

But you're right, there is more of a focus on the combos now than any other aspect of the fighting. I've said it before, but I'd really like to see an aerial kombat system reminiscent of the classic games where you can just plain do more once you're in the air, or once you've knocked your opponent into the air. Mortal Kombat used to be known for its insane juggles, but they've kind of dumbed down that feature in the newer games.

The thing is, though, that style of fighting we saw in the 2D games just doesn't work as well in 3D. They tried that with MK4, remember, and we all know how that ended up. In all honesty, I like the 3 fighting styles per character thing they've got going now, but I would like to see it expanded a bit as oppose to the team just making a Deadly Alliance part 3.

ya the pc MK4 had every single combo, fatality and special moves so it's too easy to play the game at least.

I'd like each character to have 6 style, 2 of which are weapons... And be able to pick between which ones you could take... Each set up to produce different combos with each selection... But thats me... And my ideasz are not worth 2 cents... So ignore me...

One flaw with that theory.

Some of the asinine mandatory combos in the Konquest mode would drive people to the corner of Drink and Heavily.

I never liked the insane training proceedures in konquest mode anyway. Loose them... Have them as training excercises seperately in another option.

The ones that involve pop-ups and stuff I can't do very well... I have bad timing. I dread characters like them. :?

I don't mind with the 3 style mode,but what's bugging me is when they started it,they focused on kombos...Back than each character have at least 4 special moves in umk3,mk3 and mkt..And now there are some who have only 2 :?...And the juggling here sucks,back then we could put special moves in our kombos..But now we can't.