KISS

They're a concert band, but yeah. I like em', good ol' fashion sell outs.. I mean...Rockers.

They dominate live. Some of their songs are awesome, but really, face it. They're not that talented.

I really hate to say it, and the first time I had heard someone else say it, I got pissed, but then I thought about it...really, what's so hard about any of their music

WhiteHonkyDevil said:
They dominate live. Some of their songs are awesome, but really, face it. They're not that talented.

I really hate to say it, and the first time I had heard someone else say it, I got pissed, but then I thought about it...really, what's so hard about any of their music

Lol, you saw VH1's 'When Kiss Ruled the world', right? ;)

raiden45 said:
Yeah I guess 16 platinum albums and 11 gold albums comes from a band that isnt that talented.

You're thinking of the double live album, gg...

Khaos said:
They're a concert band, but yeah. I like em', good ol' fashion sell outs.. I mean...Rockers.
haha aww shit , thats some good ol fashion pwnge, yeah there all concert, i cant see myself listening to them on my way to work or some shit like that.

I usually avoid the Music threads like a plague, but now you are talking my language.. While KISS isn't my favorite band, it is up there in my list of bands. And yes, I do listen to their music on the way to work.. I would rank them about #10 on my list of favorite bands.

Also, this is one of my Wife's favorite bands (I think they are ranked #2 on her list)

This gives me an Idea for a new thread.

Finally someone that likes them . I admit they did go downhill after Love Gun and all that disco crap. But still they kick ass live.

Now don't get me wrong.. I'm not a fan of Disco, but two of my favorite songs are "Tears are Falling" and "I was made for loving you". My all time favorite album from them is Revenge.

raiden45 said:
Yeah I guess 16 platinum albums and 11 gold albums comes from a band that isnt that talented.

Because The New Kids on the Block, Tiffany, 98°, Brittany Spears, Jessica Whore... err Simpson, Backstreet Boys are all great bands, with their platinum albums and what not. :roll:

I'll admit, KISS is fun to listen to now and again, and it's a show I wouldn't turn down tickets too (the atmosphere has to be out of this world, or at least used to be), but when it comes to talent they are... lacking to say the least.

Anyone can string together the same 5 chord progressions and make a song (take most modern rock, all kinds of genres) that will flow well while just changing up the tempo and rhythem of it. Add some lyrics that make sense (some times) and you've got yourself an album people will buy. But when it comes to the technical stuff, KISS has nothing that holds it's own.

Not a </3 of KISS, I just realize that they aren't the most talented group of folks to pick up instruments.

K1LLKANO said:
raiden45 said:

Because The New Kids on the Block, Tiffany, 98°, Brittany Spears, Jessica Whore... err Simpson, Backstreet Boys are all great bands, with their platinum albums and what not. :roll:

Haha

I don't like them at all. I wish they actually played good music, instead of about going to parties and getting drunk, because that's what all of their songs are basically about.