News On MK7

lost_victory

Hey there was just searching through a few websites and found this

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is the proposed title for the next game in the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. It has been rumored to be released for Xbox and PlayStation 2 video game consoles, rather than Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. The reasoning behind the decision to stay on current generation consoles was to improve upon the current successful game engine used in Deadly Alliance and Deception. The game is projected to be released in late 2006.

On October 3, 2005, it was revealed that Midway registered the Internet domain name MKArmageddon.com on September 23, 2005. In addition to breaking the news on the domain name, TRMK added that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon will feature an enhanced and improved fighting engine used in the previous games, as well as an expanded Konquest mode and that the game would remain on current generation consoles to make these improvements possible.

On October 4, 2005, an online chat event was organized by Mortal Kombat Online, known as Fight Night. Ed Boon publically stated that the next Mortal Kombat game "will have a brand spanking new feature that we are very very excited to announce." Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks producer, Shaun Himmerick, stated at the chat, "while no platforms have been announced yet, but there is plenty of life left in these current systems." According to Ed Boon, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon will have more characters than any other Mortal Kombat game, although there was no mentioning of returning or new characters.

It is unknown at this time what aspects of the Mortal Kombat storyline will be used in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon; whether they will expand on the storyline or create a prequel as seen in Shaolin Monks.

I'd imagine that if it is indeed going to be developed for the current consoles, then they'll probably release slightly more beefed-up versions of the game on the next-gen systems. That's already happening with certain games now, and it would only make sense for Midway to do that if they wanted to put out another successful MK title.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
I'd imagine that if it is indeed going to be developed for the current consoles, then they'll probably release slightly more beefed-up versions of the game on the next-gen systems. That's already happening with certain games now, and it would only make sense for Midway to do that if they wanted to put out another successful MK title.
Look at the way the games develloped.
MK1,MK2(arcade,segas,snes...):Kombos as the same hit for,same basic attack moves for players diffrent special moves for each character.

MK3(as always mk3,umk3,mkt)(same consols as mk1,mk2):kombos diffrent hit same button(high kick in a short range preform a knee than a high kick...),same basic attack moves for all players,diffrent special moves.

MK4,MKG(pc,dreamcast):same thing as mk3(you know)but in 3D.

MK:DA,MK:D,MK:A(x-box,ps2,gamecube):tones of kombos,diffrent basic attacks for players,diffrent special moves...

P.S:i said nothing about fatalitys

This isn't new news. This info has been cycling the net the last few weeks. Anyone who doesn't know all this by now should be slapping themselves silly.

I like the idea of it being on the current gen. consoles... Cause it took my bro ages to get my father to let him have a PS2... We won't be getting a Ps3 until a year after its release at least...

Hmm the most characters in a MK game? So far it's only been 24 (26 for Cube) by MKD. I hope they put at least 35 characters. Probably means a whole bunch of returning characters.

I still wonder what this "Special Feature" will be. I was shocked when they had KI-like combo breakers in MKD and I hope they surprise me again.

If it's gonna go on current gen consoles, I don't know what to say to 360 owners as backwards compatibility is for only hand-picked games

TEAR OF THE DRAGON said:
Look at the way the games develloped.
MK1,MK2(arcade,segas,snes...):Kombos as the same hit for,same basic attack moves for players diffrent special moves for each character.

MK3(as always mk3,umk3,mkt)(same consols as mk1,mk2):kombos diffrent hit same button(high kick in a short range preform a knee than a high kick...),same basic attack moves for all players,diffrent special moves.

MK4,MKG(pc,dreamcast):same thing as mk3(you know)but in 3D.

MK:DA,MK:D,MK:A(x-box,ps2,gamecube):tones of kombos,diffrent basic attacks for players,diffrent special moves...

P.S:i said nothing about fatalitys

Okay... so what does that have to do with what I said?

Robot Commander said:
If it's gonna go on current gen consoles, I don't know what to say to 360 owners as backwards compatibility is for only hand-picked games

Microsoft has said that they're basically going to try to get the developers themselves to put in the backwards compatability coding for the 360 from now on, so if everything happens the way they want it to, then most Xbox games that come out from this point on will be playable on the 360. I don't remember where I heard or read that, but I'm pretty sure I'm not making that up. But then again, like I said above, there's a good chance that they'll just release the game for the 360 and PS3 anyway.

At the mo theres a lot of rumour posting going on in all MK forums... The MK team said expect nothing til early next year. I'll only believe what is offically posted and nothing less.

Maybe the features would be:
1) An expansion or a sequal to MK Konquest but this time things would be more active as in if you talk to a citizen of Outworld, Shao Kahn's guardsman may appear and arrest you. Somethin like GTA.

2)Returning bosses from previous MK games.

3)Death Traps or active re-made MK levels frm MK1-Deception.

4)In Online mode maybe there will be a feature where you can chat with other players in Konquest mode.

5)A disc containing an MK movie!

I just hope these features will occur in MK7.

Fear Breaker alot of excellent idea's you have there, I agree with each and everyone of your idea's, that would be great. The thing I hope for most is to have a different Konquest mode storyline for each of the different MK characters. That would be so sweet!

We arnt exactly Mr Current affairs here are we? X-BOX 360 Blew the PS3 out of the water and so they are remaking it. Thats old news and its not going to be released untill Christmas 2006 so yes MKA will be for PS2 but do not fear! my uncle steve works for Midway and i get all news a cuople of days early. Theyve said so far MKA has been a big success and now all they have to do is decide on an enemy.