unlocked MK2 without fatalities?

strictly

HI all,
I have completed all the smoke missions and are playing mk2. I can't seem to get any fatality/babality/friendship to work...has anyone succeeded in performing one of these?

if so, which list of moves did you use? (can you give me a link or something).

thanks in advance.

i used for example the snes fatalities....so they are either different...or those fatalities are harder than i remember :D

strictly said:
i used for example the snes fatalities....so they are either different...or those fatalities are harder than i remember :D

some fatalities don't work, like the ones you need to press START for.

Can you name a fatality for MK2, or any MK for that matter (arcade), in which you press start?

Just use the MK2 guide on the front page of this site. It's over on the left. All of the arcade moves should work, aside from being able to fight Smoke, since start pauses the game.

Either try the strategy guide for the Genesis version of MK2 on the front page of this site (the finishing moves will work with the arcade version) or try one of the many FAQs here.

If you can't pull them off, it's because you're not used to the fatality "rhythm" in MK2. When I went back to playing the arcade version of MK2 after several years of only playing console versions, it took me a while to get used to it again too.

For starters, remember that there's a slight delay between the final directional movement and the action button you use for the combination. If you press them at the same time, it just won't work. So in other words, if you want to do Baraka's blade-lift, you'd get in close and hit "B, F, D, F, LP", instead of "B, F, D, F+LP".

Beyond that, just practice them until you can pull them off. Start off with the easier ones (like the ones that only involve charging a button, or the ones that don't involve directional movements like Kitana's fan decapitation) and move up from there.

You can be at any rage for Friendships and Babalities, but you can only do them if you don't use either punch buttons on the last round (i.e. just use high kick, low kick and block).