Post Deletion

Jade

This has probably been brought up a hundred times so I will bring it up for the 101st time.

I think there should be an option to delete your own posts. I don't think that is featured in this forum but some other forums have it. Sometimes I want to take back a post because I don't like it or at the moment I had a stupid thought or whatever the case may be. I think I post too many pictures of myself and I would like to delete the old pic posts and maybe post new ones in the future. Pretty much that entire thread is all me and I feel a bit guilty. Anyways, I think it is a good thing to have because sometimes when we post, we feel a bit dumb later on when we read the crap we put and we want to delete it but don't want to edit it because then it would probably end up being a spam post.

Yeah, same with me. There are some post that I feel I must delete but can't. I just end up eiditing them with something completely different from what I said.

XxJadexX said:
This has probably been brought up a hundred times so I will bring it up for the 101st time.

I think there should be an option to delete your own posts. I don't think that is featured in this forum but some other forums have it. Sometimes I want to take back a post because I don't like it or at the moment I had a stupid thought or whatever the case may be. I think I post too many pictures of myself and I would like to delete the old pic posts and maybe post new ones in the future. Pretty much that entire thread is all me and I feel a bit guilty. Anyways, I think it is a good thing to have because sometimes when we post, we feel a bit dumb later on when we read the crap we put and we want to delete it but don't want to edit it because then it would probably end up being a spam post.

just start your own jade post with only pics of you...im sure no one will mind ;)

The trouble with too much deleting powers for a member is they are tempted to delete posts when they do something wrong to cover their tracks. Or make someone else look a fool.

Seen that before.

The other thing is post competitions. One way to get a high post count - post and then delete it. And post again. And delete it. And so forth, you get the idea.

While deleting your post when you've made a bad one is good, some people abuse even the simplest of things.

^ Thats another example of how a good thing can't be used. Immature people taking advantage of it. It really sucks because the good people are willing to use it properly but a few bad apples ruin the idea for everyone else >_<

Like I said, it would just turn out to be a spam post. If I made a thread asking a question and found my answer sooner than anyone could respond then I could edit my post to say "nevermind, I found the answer" but then the post would be pointless. It would be better to delete it altogether.

I know that sadly there are more cons than pros to this idea but it just goes to show how people can't be mature enough to let ideas like this be allowed. I know people would then get away with things because they would just go back and delete their posts before anyone can find it.

One of the main reasons I suggested it is because I personally hate useless posts and I like to see forums cleaned up. I like to see posts that contribute rather than a post that serves no purpose and sometimes when people post things they figure it out and then their post is completely useless but they can't do anything about it. Ah well, I tried ^_^

Well, if the post is from a few weeks back, then yeah you should be able to go back and remove it. Just leave a note there why you did and I'm sure ppl would understand.