Whats your job?

The 7th Number

Where do you work and what do you do?

I first had a job with Walmart, making 7.80 in less then 3 months working 3rd shift. I cleaned, stripped, waxed the floors, cleaned the bathrooms and stuff like that. I left cos i got a temporary job working at Chrysler motors, building engines. I was making like 16 an hour. I tell you i loved working there. At walmart i would make about 1,000 every month. But at chrysler one week i worked 7 days, 10 hours each day and came home with a 1,200 check...FOR ONE WEEK! Damn i miss that place. After i was let go by them i worked at shopko as a 3rd shift stocker. Let me tell you that place sucks. I was making 8 bucks an hour but i would only work 2 days a week, so my checks were really small and they didnt care about their workers at all. So i ended up quitting after the store manager accused me of calling in 2 times when i only called in once. But right now i dont have a job. I would have one but i developed this rash on my skin where if i scratch any part of my body it will turn red and itch. Its really annoying because i cant do any labor or my hands will turn red and itch, or hurt. I spent 300 bucks at doctors for them all to say, "i dunno what it is". Well the last dr told me what it was but then he gave me the "i cant do anything to make it go away, you just have to let it go away by itself." But its really annoying cos i want to get a job. :( Anyway....apparently im allergic to something that im doing but i havent changed anything that i do. so i have no idea what it is. But yeah, right now i dont have a job :(

I ship out electronics ( I wont say the name because I figure most of you would show up at the door....) I ship out video games, car radios, MP3 players, walkman's, IPODs....stuff like that.

I am a student. Although I do teach at the Virginia Cotillion teaching children how to dance, I make below minimum wage, but still end up with 30 bucks a saturday, good pocket change.

When I'm staying with my dad (School breaks, summer etc) I work for my uncle. He's half of a dishwasher service/repair/installation (for restaraunts), so when the dishwashing chemicals come in, I unload the truck for him.

I only work a couple hours every month or so, but I make about 40 bucks, which is cool.

ive got a job at my dads orthopedic office. he's ussaly in morrisvile or allentown so i don't se him at this office but hey. shredding faxing filing, typing, gettin coffe, i am essentialy the "bitch" of the office but hey. 7 bucks an hour.pret-ay sweet?!!?! i hope..

i've had many jobs. right now i work for a buddy's landscaping company. my favorite job however is pizza delivery, that's like the laziest, cushiest job i've had.

I work at the Mayo Clinic here in Rochester, MN. I've been with them for 8 1/2 years now. Currently i am a 3rd shift Linen Handler... what is that you ask... let me explain.

I start each day by gathering in large tubs the soiled linen that the hospital uses. After doing that i stock my cart and take that around my floor/area and stock each room with what par level they are supposed to have. Pretty simple... i don't work weekends or hoildays... oh and i make $15.70 an hour... plus i get reimbursed for mileage $.485 a mile... i can rack up to 20 miles a day.

Ain't it cool? :D

i work 40 hour weeks at Rite-Aid, it's a pharmacy. I'm a cashier and I restock stuff. it's a decent job with decent people and decent pay ($8.50 an hour)

I do web designing, computer repairs, network setups, and a lot of other computer related shit. Sometimes I do freelance programming and get paid well there. I'm basically my own boss with everything I do. I charge $100 an hour for computer repairs, but if it's under an hour (like 10 mins let's say, I still charge a minimum of $50. I had my ads in some papers, but I have to get them back in there.

One month I can make $3,000, and the next month I can make $1, so I don't have steady income which sucks, and I still make under $20,000 a year. I'm in college working on my bachelor's in IT, so I'll always be in the computer field.

I don't work. I need a part time job cause I'm at uni. Unfortuntly, there is hardly any around my town. :?

No job right now. Over the summer i am going to work at Cris's Diner as a busboy. Easy money and the job is easy, plus good tips.

Currently I work for a Marketing/Advertising company building websites. I actually do the programming. It's a lot of fun, but I only make $15 an hour. Not much when you think of the job I do, but it is a lot of money compared to the other jobs available in my area. I've been here 5 years now.

Before this, I ran an Internet Service Provider (ISP) for 4 years. I started at $10 but I very quickly moved up to $14 an hour. It wasn't really a hard job, just frustrating dealing with a bunch of people everyday who live in the boonies and don't know anything about a computer much less the Internet. Also, the boss was a major ------- (<-- I don't use that kind of language).

Before that job I worked at Pizza Hut for 8 years. It was a lot of fun, I loved the people I worked with. I was a delivery manager, but after 8 years of working there, I only made $5.25 an hour.. I guess you can see why I left. ;)

Yeah, well you got to understand, at the time I started, the minimum wage was like $3.75, so like every time the minimum wage increased, I lost my raises. Only reason why I stayed that long is that the Job wasn't hard and I loved the people I worked with. We were like a really close family. Around the time I left, a bunch of other people were leaving, so we got new managers and area managers.. it lost the thing I liked most about it.

I'm the Vice Predident of a Tour Operator in the Dominican Republic. I used to be the Commercial Director. Got promoted few months ago.

I work at zumiez, its a skate shop, i make 8/hr plus commission. its fun there, lots of folding but its pretty cool. I get to build skateboards all day.

No job as of yet, but during in May i turn 15 and will be working a McDonalds or some other local place... But when I get a car, I will get a real job... like busboy or... something else :D ... yeah, that'll be the life.