Sonya blade

Angel

I just want to say, that from pictures I've seen... One thing... Theres no way she could be with the special forces, least on sight! I mean they wouldn't allow anyone with them to dress like she does in MK:SM. Jax maybe. But Sonya. Nah.

Another thing. MK:SM is set back in MK2, but the outfit to MK1 is not much like the one she wears in MK:SM. Also. The fashion is not right for the time.

I acually have not much of a complaint really. Just that the peeps working on it could have been a bit better with hers. She is proprly the most non-like her old outfits of all the characters.

I totally agree with you. There were a few characters that had outfits that didnt match up at all.(Quan Chi having his deception costume, Reptile already turning form human to lizard, Ermac wearing his deception stuff) There were definitly some screw ups with character design in the game..but its just a minor complaint..the game still rocks

Despite Scorpion altering his costume from the way he looked in the opening sequence, this game has some of the best character design of any of the MK games. Ermac was always SUPPOSED to look like that (and it's a great look for him mind you) but as you know, he used to be pallette swapped. Did you notice that they darkened his skin this time around? This way he more matches his skin tone found in UMK3. Sonya is one of my favorite new costumes and frankly, she looks alot better than she did in MK:DA (something was really wrong with her face in that game...)

Angel said:
Another thing. MK:SM is set back in MK2, but the outfit to MK1 is not much like the one she wears in MK:SM. Also. The fashion is not right for the time.

Wrong. Time wasn't right for fashion. Come on Angel, can you seriously tell me you liked her original outfit? She looked like a fitness guru from some late 80's workout tape.

also i see nothing wrong with the changes made to any of the costumes. first because the changes were made by the original creators, so it must be their true vision of the characters, second because they are adding new dimensions to characters previously undeveloped because of memory limitations.

KoRoneR said:
Angel said:

Wrong. Time wasn't right for fashion. Come on Angel, can you seriously tell me you liked her original outfit? She looked like a fitness guru from some late 80's workout tape.
quote]

I was talking about MK:SM outfit for Sonya. THAT is todays fashion. Not back then. But lets not argue about this, was just setting that straight, in case you mistood me. :wink:

Peace. 8)

I didn't like her orginal outfit, I'm glad it was changed, but they could have kept it close to the orginal, thats all. It makes believe even less then the one in MK:SM that she is with the special forces. And I must admit I like her new outfit for that period, don't get me wrong.
So yeah the team did a good job.

But it would have been nicer if they had been closer.

All well.

Lets not fight over this okay guys? :)

KoRoneR said:
Angel said:

also i see nothing wrong with the changes made to any of the costumes. first because the changes were made by the original creators, so it must be their true vision of the characters, second because they are adding new dimensions to characters previously undeveloped because of memory limitations.

It doesn't matter if her outfit was out of date or if it is "uncool". The point is continuity. I don't mind a slightly altered look of th original outfits, but completey different?

Messy IMO.