Ghost shows

Angel

TV docuentries, consiparcy shows... Most Haunted live. What are peoples general thoughts about this shows. Do they make you feel frightened? o they make you believe in the unknown? Do you simply feel like ripping someone's spine out for making them?

My thoughts. Basically it seems if you are some guy who knows the basics of all the local ghost stories in the country and you can act these shows are for you. Incidently, if a small fluff of something (dust, fur, hair) flies past the camera, it may be the essence of a haunting (or really a fluff of fur/hair/etc going by the camera).

Here is mine.

The guys who make these shows make them for people who are easily fool by things that don't quite seem right. And for the sake of getting something intereasting for the show the producers need something to happen. So they'll record for hours a room in the hope something will happen (I'd hate to be the guy who has to sit through the tape! XD) even if its a small something.

In the end, 9/10 times, the most likely outcome of taping in a lot of nothing. They properly have to do the experiment several times before getting something small to happen. They have a small ace up their sleeve. If a fluff goes in front of the camera and you can't make out on flim what it is, they may know its fake, but you don't.

Also. I might point out with most haunting, if the camera suddenlly goes on the guy and he is sitting down. If he suddenlly falls over as the TV show goes to him, isn't that kinda a little obivous that he is faking it... I mean, if it was real, I doubt he'd have fallen over as soon as the camera went onto him. :roll:

Yeah if you haven't figured it out my crib is the producers knowing their audience doesn't have a clue and expoilting it.

A moth in front of the camera. XD'

Thats still my favourite one.

My house is properly more haunted then some peeps I see on these shows. We have this round table in my house, things have a habbit of disappeaing for weeks and then showing up suddenlly on it with no explaination. We moved 3 times and the ghost followed us to every adress. Incidently, it stopped when my mother left my family. :lol:

Well im intrested in them shows and im not eaisly fooled. I have seen many stuff (not orbs or mist) that is really cant be explained if i can find the websites about these ill tell you about them and then you can judge for yourself if there real or not and explain them to me.

I'm pretty interested in that kind of stuff, and while it doesn't always get to me (sometimes the reactions of the people are just too funny), I do find it pretty damn creepy sometimes. I'd probably be a bit more likely to believe certain things I see on shows like that considering I already believe in the spiritworld, but that doesn't mean I'll buy into every single thing I see.

I have been watching that Most Haunted show, and honestly, the first couple shows I saw freaked me out pretty good. Lately, though, it's been getting harder and harder not to chuckle at the people who beg and plead for a sign, any sign, from the supposed spirits there, and upon hearing something go, "oh shit, what the fuck was that?! Oh my fucking god!", and run away screaming. These are ghost "experts"?

They make me pretty damn scared. I had a few ghost encounters in my house when I was a kid. Those shows remind me of those times and it makes me really scared. I sleep with my light on if I watch those shows.

TAPS - The Atlantic Paranormal Society, is a great orginization that investigates the paranormal. They have a tv show on scifi, Ghost Hunters, and a website. They are a great group of people and they arnt fooled by dust and moths. Look them up.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
I have been watching that Most Haunted show, and honestly, the first couple shows I saw freaked me out pretty good. Lately, though, it's been getting harder and harder not to chuckle at the people who beg and plead for a sign, any sign, from the supposed spirits there, and upon hearing something go, "oh shit, what the !@#$ was that?! Oh my !@#$ god!", and run away screaming. These are ghost "experts"?

Yeah, same here. It's so funny when the girl goes "If a spirit is with us, please, knock on the table." *knock* "OMG!! WTF WAS THAT~!!1"

I think ghost shows are stupid. You can never know if it is real, or edited, or a peace of fluff, or whatever. I've always lived by the phrase "Don't believe it until you see it yourself". Like I saw this think about the Jersey Devil, they went to this guy that was a decendent of a witch* who knew about the Jersey Devil. They go and spend the night in the forest and end up running out screaming. Strangely, the only thing the camera guy gets are shots of their feet as they run. And so now the *investigators* don't investigate any more. Like i said, Crock and Bull.

They got my sister though :wink:

hmm odd coinsidence
i have always dreamed of being a paranormal investigator/ phsycolgist...wow bad spelling but yea i am very fascinated in the paranormal.

Prophet said:
DeathcoreRyknow said:
I have been watching that Most Haunted show, and honestly, the first couple shows I saw freaked me out pretty good. Lately, though, it's been getting harder and harder not to chuckle at the people who beg and plead for a sign, any sign, from the supposed spirits there, and upon hearing something go, "oh shit, what the !@#$ was that?! Oh my !@#$ god!", and run away screaming. These are ghost "experts"?

Yeah, same here. It's so funny when the girl goes "If a spirit is with us, please, knock on the table." *knock* "OMG!! WTF WAS THAT~!!1"

I've seen shows with witchboards used. You know, the board with letters on thats suppose to be moved by 'ghosts'. Half the time its someone who is touching who is gently giving it a push around the board to spell out the phrases you get. But it wouldn't be worth it if nothing happened.