(Another) problem with the PAL version...

Adesto

I think this is the second problem with my PAL version of MKSMon PS2, the first bieng that MK2 can't be unlocked, even if you finish the smoke missions. I am in the last three bosses, in all 3 of my games (Ko-Op, LK, and KL) and they are all up to the final bosses. Whenever I beat Kintaro however, and I get the L1 sign to do the fatality, and when I do, I press the corresponding buttons. But as soon as I get to press the last button the screen goes away and Kintaro is alive again with 1/4 Health. I killed him again and did the button combo faster, but it still went away. Am I doing anything wrong!

(Sorry about the long post)

Being that I don't have the PAL version nor does very many people here, I can't add to this conversation.

Although I do know that the German version of Shaolin Monks does not contain MKII because of legal restrictions. Does your copy have Mortal Kombat II listed in the extras menu?

no, it doesn't.

But my main concern is the Kintaro battle. I doubt its a real problem, but its the code im having trouble with.

well, in order for the fatality input screen to go away you have to be pretty damn slow with the fatality....hav you tried memorizing and uber-fast inputting it? That seems like the only issue here.

Hi
Yeh i have the PAL version and did all Smokes Missions too.
I've unlocked MK2 apparently and yeh nothin happened.
I hate Australia. Its so shit.
It takes us like 8 months to get anything.
I know MKSM came out a week later, but yeh leaving out a bonus game just confirms how crap PAL really is.
Heres a tip everyone in Australia,
Import games from the States.
Get a chip put in if need be or do what I did and buy an American System.
Games are cheaper and better and you get them earlier.

I was deeply offended to find out that MK2 wasnt even in the game.
Its on Midway Arcade Treasures II if you desperately want to play it.
Or import the American version of MKSM over. Its fun.

God Bless America.
Boo Australia.
Boo.

oh! this is not good. i am from germany and i am into videogames for ages and i know that the german law is stupid and censorship is the germans hobby for ages! so i ordered my MK:SM UK PAL version and got it yesterday and now i read about the missing MKII????? don't tell me this is true. i order all my games in UK PAL versions because the german translations sucks and i get them uncut this way and now i read this??? pff... after all i can play it on MAT.

DarkLord said:
Hi
Yeh i have the PAL version and did all Smokes Missions too.
I've unlocked MK2 apparently and yeh nothin happened.
I hate Australia. Its so shit.
It takes us like 8 months to get anything.
I know MKSM came out a week later, but yeh leaving out a bonus game just confirms how crap PAL really is.
Heres a tip everyone in Australia,
Import games from the States.
Get a chip put in if need be or do what I did and buy an American System.
Games are cheaper and better and you get them earlier.

I was deeply offended to find out that MK2 wasnt even in the game.
Its on Midway Arcade Treasures II if you desperately want to play it.
Or import the American version of MKSM over. Its fun.

God Bless America.
Boo Australia.
Boo.

MK2 IS in SM. You must go to the Kontent page and select it.

My 1c...

I've got the Xbox version, and that has MK2 listed in the kontent menu from the very start...but having said that, I haven't beaten all of Smoke's missions yet, so it still may be missing.

(my location is Melbourne, Victoria, regardless of what it might say to the left)

So am i.

My brother is playing it right now......i'll post a pic with proof later.

Just to let you know i'm from the PAL region (UK) and i got no problem at all playing MK2 (you did talk to Smoke after completing the 5th task didnt you?)

i've got the pal version and live in Belgium, so normally i should have MK2 in it... :D

i was wondering though, can u only get the fatalities to work after you get them in your listing ??

Masta-Dante said:
So am i.

My brother is playing it right now......i'll post a pic with proof later.

Just to let you know i'm from the PAL region (UK) and i got no problem at all playing MK2 (you did talk to Smoke after completing the 5th task didnt you?)
when u start the game up on the pal version it says in the rights and sponcer page that it is on there

MK2 still isnt there

Hi
just a note for PS2 players, MK2 isnt there.
I said it earlier.
Ive completed all the tasks, spoken to Smoke, he says its unlocked.

There is no option on any gameplay menu to play MK2.
Until someone shows me, proving its the PAL version, on where
exactly the magical MK2 unlock is, I'm not going to believe any of you.

Australia may be as shit as Germany in terms of censorship, i'm not sure,
But why would they release the Midway Arcade Treasures version if
MK2 is so frightfully upsetting.

well i have the UK PAL version of MAT which has MKII and MK3 in it. the german version has no MKII or MK3 in it. but i think that the AUSTRIA and SWITZERLAND versions have both games in their MAT version too. am i wrong?