A Better Cast

Kal-El

I didnt check to see if there was laready a thread like this, srry if there is

Lets try and come up with Actors to play MK Characters, not including actors that have already played them

Daniel Gillies - Sub-Zero VI
Tome Jane - Scorpion
Raiden - Ian McKellan
Johnny Cage - James Marsden
Sonya Blade - Jennifer Garner
Reptile - Ray Park
Goro - CGI, but with Michael Clarke Duncan's Voice
Liu Kang - Jason Scott Lee

Ian for Rayden? Do my eyes deceive me? My God, Rayden has just been insulted!

Ian was a good Magneto but as Rayden, over my dead body and seeing how I am eternal, it comes to my attention that Ian shall never be Rayden.

whao whoa whao.....Jen Garner as SONYA?!?! She's the WORST actress imaginable and she can't even possibly pull a good act. Linden Ashby does perfect as the cocky Johnny Cage, and James Marsden may not be "built" enough, though he was good in X-Men and X2. Ian McKellan as Raiden?!?!?! HA! Too old! Goro with Michael Clarke Duncan's voice? Goro had a fine voice, he doesn't need to sound like a 7-foot tall black guy that can rip off heads. Goro would sound too........black.

Goro sounds perfect, like a big brute with no brains who has to rely on his master to do the thinking for him. It suits him.

i disagree. In MKDA and MKD goro's a military leader, which takes brains. Granted, I made this cast in a rush, I think Duncan would work

kold_as_ice92 said:
whao whoa whao.....Jen Garner as SONYA?!?! She's the WORST actress imaginable and she can't even possibly pull a good act. Linden Ashby does perfect as the cocky Johnny Cage, and James Marsden may not be "built" enough, though he was good in X-Men and X2. Ian McKellan as Raiden?!?!?! HA! Too old! Goro with Michael Clarke Duncan's voice? Goro had a fine voice, he doesn't need to sound like a 7-foot tall black guy that can rip off heads. Goro would sound too........black.

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa ......................................................................This is not my batman glass

raiden45 said:
kold_as_ice92 said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa ......................................................................This is not my batman glass

That was entirely useless.
And on topic i'd laugh so hard if they made Arnold Shwartz played goro, though that does seem to suit him ( not making any offance or saying that he's stupid)

Yeah, I'm sorry to say it, but you are soooo far off track, it hurts my eyes to read some of those names.

Linden Ashby IS Johnny Cage. He had the attitude, he had the moves, hell he even LOOKS like the character!

Robin Shou was a good Kang. Sure, he had some kind of crazy mullet-afro thing going on, but he was good.

No problems with Bridgette Wilson, but she didn't get enough fights.

As for Sub Zero/Scorpion, considering they have only their eyes to act with, you either want people who are awesome with their eyes, or you don't worry about that, and just make sure they can fight. I think the latter approach was taken, and Tom Jane would be a waste of time.

As for those who disagree with Michael Clarke Duncan...
http://imdb.com/name/nm0724656/
This is the guy who voiced Goro in the first film. Big black man sound is precedented...but MCD is not required for a good Goro. The above guy also voiced the Joker in the new Batman cartoon, so I'll take his versatility over a flavour-of-the-week casting.

Sorry to rant. I feel passionate about movies is all...

(I just noticed you dind't mention Shang Tsung...is this because you forgot, or because Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa was The Man?)

The Perfect Cast:
Liu Kang - Kane Kosugi
Johnny Cage - James Marsters
Sonya Blade - Eliza Dushku
Shang Tsung - Ken Watanabe
Goro (Voice) - Steve Downes
Reptile - Ray Park
Sub Zero - Jason Statham
Scorpion - Thomas Jane
Raiden - Christopher Lambert
Jax - Tyrese Gibson
Shoa Kahn (Voice) - The Rock

This list is not yet completed

InfernoScorpion said:
And on topic i'd laugh so hard if they made Arnold Shwartz played goro, though that does seem to suit him ( not making any offance or saying that he's stupid)

Don't worry. Arnie can't be in movies while he is in politics by law. So you have nothing to worry about. Until he quits from office that is.

He is getting too old to do certain roles anyway now. Hi{ neck shows his$age up like nothing on earth. But... Seriously... Just picture him saying one setanece that Goro says in MK1... I know I can't keep a straight face.

A lot of Termintor 3 was focused on the female terminator and not him. the next one supposedlly won't even have him in.

you're right he is. it's hard to find someone who can play a good kano. I was thinking Rob Lowe(bald) wouldn't be half bad, but copy/paste his face late onto a pic of him in Tommy Boy, doesnt' look THAT great. If Christian Bale were alittle younger, he might be able to do the role well. Or that guy that played Roland Timbo in Jurassic Park 2. Rough choices.