Official Shaolin Monks Smoke Missions Guide (w/Screens)

the reason they took it out is.............

in some countries (like Germany) I hear the game is banned so it was illegal to have MKII on those versions of MKSM........so it wouldn't have been on there anyway.

but the main reason is because of Sony. Sony Europe through a fit at the last minute about the bugs in the advertised "arcade perfect" version of MKII.........demanding that it be corrected. It was too close to release date to go back and recode MKII......so they left it off the European PS2 versions entirely........half to appease Sony and half to kick them in the nuts for being pushy. If you own an XBox......MKII should be on your PAL version (unless it's banned in your country). Microsoft didn't bitch about anything so the Xbox versions have MKII.

mk shaolin monks: unlock mk II

1: i did the damded smoke missions and it aint in the content menu :evil: does that mean i have the wrong/ banned version of this game man that bites :( ... can someone put my mind at ease and tell me how to find out why its not unlocked. :cry: ..

2: who is mustapha? :? in the game over scenes there are messages and what not most of them relate to fatalitys but who is mustapha?

Re: mk shaolin monks: unlock mk II

kadmilos14 said:
1: i did the damded smoke missions and it aint in the content menu :evil: does that mean i have the wrong/ banned version of this game man that bites :( ... can someone put my mind at ease and tell me how to find out why its not unlocked. :cry: ..

Evil Dead said:
the reason they took it out is.............

in some countries (like Germany) I hear the game is banned so it was illegal to have MKII on those versions of MKSM........so it wouldn't have been on there anyway.

but the main reason is because of Sony. Sony Europe through a fit at the last minute about the bugs in the advertised "arcade perfect" version of MKII.........demanding that it be corrected. It was too close to release date to go back and recode MKII......so they left it off the European PS2 versions entirely........half to appease Sony and half to kick them in the nuts for being pushy. If you own an XBox......MKII should be on your PAL version (unless it's banned in your country). Microsoft didn't bitch about anything so the Xbox versions have MKII.

hey, ive completed all of the smoke missions, and it said ive unlocked MK2, but its no where to be seen, is it because ive got the european version?
cheers

I know how to unlock MK II without completing Smoke's challenges. (ps2 only)

At main menu hold L2 and press Square, up, down, right, left, R2, Square, then you should hear a beep.

I also know how to get scorpion and sub-zero for single player or Ko-Op.

Scorpion: at main menu hold L2 and press square, up, L1, R1, left, right, square, then you should hear a beep.

Sub-Zero: at main menu hold L2 and press square, down, up, L1, L1, up, square, then you should hear a beep.

Reptile_113 said:
I know how to unlock MK II without completing Smoke's challenges. (ps2 only)

At main menu hold L2 and press Square, up, down, right, left, R2, Square, then you should hear a beep.

I also know how to get scorpion and sub-zero for single player or Ko-Op.

Scorpion: at main menu hold L2 and press square, up, L1, R1, left, right, square, then you should hear a beep.

Sub-Zero: at main menu hold L2 and press square, down, up, L1, L1, up, square, then you should hear a beep.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15399
Wow.

...Wow.

The experience gives away that you have the PAL PS2 (since the game did not unlock) version of the game. I believe we only get 500 or 700 experience, I believe, along with MK2.

It should have been in the Kontent menu even before doing the smoke missions, though locked.

I'm sorry. :(

ERUPT said:
FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO DON'T REALLY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, WHAT IS THE P.A.L. PS2?

PAL is the different gaming port that forign countries. America and Canada use NTSC, while everyone besides them use PAL. The only difference is PAL uses 52 more lines of color than NTSC...

ARE THE SMOKE MISSIONS ONLY ACCESSABLE IF YOU FINISH THE GAME?
I AM ON MISSION 1 (HIDDEN FATALITY) IN THE SOUL TOMBS, IN THAT ROOM WITH THE SPIKES ON THE CEILING.
ALL I SEE IS AN ARROW IN THE BACKGROUND POINTING UP.
AM I IN THE WRONG ROOM?

ERUPT said:
I AM ON MISSION 1 (HIDDEN FATALITY) IN THE SOUL TOMBS, IN THAT ROOM WITH THE SPIKES ON THE CEILING.
AM I IN THE WRONG ROOM?

first question no you can simply save the game and go to the main menu and kontent then to MK2 and if you got the arrow pointing up by throwing the tarkatan there then do it in 3 different sides of the wall breaking them and it will save smoke mission 1 completed and the arrows are also the steps to one of Liu Kang's fatalities

Icey Sub Zero said:
ERUPT said:
AM I IN THE WRONG ROOM?

first question no you can simply save the game and go to the main menu and kontent then to MK2 and if you got the arrow pointing up by throwing the tarkatan there then do it in 3 different sides of the wall breaking them and it will save smoke mission 1 completed and the arrows are also the steps to one of Liu Kang's fatalities

THANK YOU.

quite a glitch!

Hi everybody,Im form Chile so..if my english is a little weird well sorry XD
Ok this is what happens:
I completed once the 1st Smoke mission...it also says the message that ussually says...Im in a Ko-op game w/Kang/Lao....so...When I entered the next room, well one of us died...when I went back...was all those walls for the Mission destroyed BUT in our pause-menus it says that:
Smoke Missions....... ¬¬...... 0/5 so...
WTF should I do...!!! the walls are still destroyed and I dnt know wht to do to regain the 1/5 smoke missions!! :(

btw,Im a newbie..and I found that this is a really "superb" MK forum that's why I registered... :)

Re: quite a glitch!

cesar2xtreme said:
Hi everybody,Im form Chile so..if my english is a little weird well sorry XD
Ok this is what happens:
I completed once the 1st Smoke mission...it also says the message that ussually says...Im in a Ko-op game w/Kang/Lao....so...When I entered the next room, well one of us died...when I went back...was all those walls for the Mission destroyed BUT in our pause-menus it says that:
Smoke Missions....... ¬¬...... 0/5 so...
WTF should I do...!!! the walls are still destroyed and I dnt know wht to do to regain the 1/5 smoke missions!! :(

btw,Im a newbie..and I found that this is a really "superb" MK forum that's why I registered... :)

then you didn't break all the walls because if you do it should pop up and say Smoke Mission 1 Completed. After that go back to Smoke for your second mission and continue the process up to the last mission. Good luck :wink: