Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Shaolin Monks Smoke Missions Guide (w/Screens)

PSN
    lEvilDeadl
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the reason they took it out is.............

in some countries (like Germany) I hear the game is banned so it was illegal to have MKII on those versions of MKSM........so it wouldn't have been on there anyway.

but the main reason is because of Sony. Sony Europe through a fit at the last minute about the bugs in the advertised "arcade perfect" version of MKII.........demanding that it be corrected. It was too close to release date to go back and recode MKII......so they left it off the European PS2 versions entirely........half to appease Sony and half to kick them in the nuts for being pushy. If you own an XBox......MKII should be on your PAL version (unless it's banned in your country). Microsoft didn't about anything so the Xbox versions have MKII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kick ass post man, I appreciate it.
    It took the world to get us where we are, and it's going to take the world to get us where we need to be.
    - PhD Jobe
    (\\__/)
    (O.o ) COPY BUNNY AND HELP HIM
    (> <)* ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well it hasnt been banned in england and i dont have an x box so i might as well get midway arcade classics

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mk shaolin monks: unlock mk II

1: i did the damded smoke missions and it aint in the content menu does that mean i have the wrong/ banned version of this game man that bites ... can someone put my mind at ease and tell me how to find out why its not unlocked. ..

2: who is mustapha? in the game over scenes there are messages and what not most of them relate to fatalitys but who is mustapha?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: mk shaolin monks: unlock mk II

Quote Originally Posted by kadmilos14
    1: i did the damded smoke missions and it aint in the content menu does that mean i have the wrong/ banned version of this game man that bites ... can someone put my mind at ease and tell me how to find out why its not unlocked. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Dead
    the reason they took it out is.............

in some countries (like Germany) I hear the game is banned so it was illegal to have MKII on those versions of MKSM........so it wouldn't have been on there anyway.

but the main reason is because of Sony. Sony Europe through a fit at the last minute about the bugs in the advertised "arcade perfect" version of MKII.........demanding that it be corrected. It was too close to release date to go back and recode MKII......so they left it off the European PS2 versions entirely........half to appease Sony and half to kick them in the nuts for being pushy. If you own an XBox......MKII should be on your PAL version (unless it's banned in your country). Microsoft didn't about anything so the Xbox versions have MKII.

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey, ive completed all of the smoke missions, and it said ive unlocked MK2, but its no where to be seen, is it because ive got the european version?
    cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good advice

My OWN pants-- oh wait, these aren't mine
    Xbox Live
    ryknowcore
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by still_confused198
    hey, ive completed all of the smoke missions, and it said ive unlocked MK2, but its no where to be seen, is it because ive got the european version?
    cheers
    http://www.trmk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15082

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know how to unlock MK II without completing Smoke's challenges. (ps2 only)

At main menu hold L2 and press Square, up, down, right, left, R2, Square, then you should hear a beep.

I also know how to get scorpion and sub-zero for single player or Ko-Op.

Scorpion: at main menu hold L2 and press square, up, L1, R1, left, right, square, then you should hear a beep.

Sub-Zero: at main menu hold L2 and press square, down, up, L1, L1, up, square, then you should hear a beep.

Twitter
    @TheHakku
    Xbox Live
    TheHakku
    PSN
    TheHakku
    Steam
    TheHakku
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile_113
    I know how to unlock MK II without completing Smoke's challenges. (ps2 only)

At main menu hold L2 and press Square, up, down, right, left, R2, Square, then you should hear a beep.

I also know how to get scorpion and sub-zero for single player or Ko-Op.

Scorpion: at main menu hold L2 and press square, up, L1, R1, left, right, square, then you should hear a beep.

Sub-Zero: at main menu hold L2 and press square, down, up, L1, L1, up, square, then you should hear a beep.
    http://www.trmk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15399
    Wow.

...Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hei I didn't get MK2! I've got only 50000EXP....
    WTF

Twitter
    @TheHakku
    Xbox Live
    TheHakku
    PSN
    TheHakku
    Steam
    TheHakku
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The experience gives away that you have the PAL PS2 (since the game did not unlock) version of the game. I believe we only get 500 or 700 experience, I believe, along with MK2.

It should have been in the Kontent menu even before doing the smoke missions, though locked.

I'm sorry.

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO DON'T REALLY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, WHAT IS THE P.A.L. PS2?

Shaolin Monk
    Xbox Live
    Ex Khaos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ERUPT
    FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO DON'T REALLY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, WHAT IS THE P.A.L. PS2?
    PAL is the different gaming port that forign countries. America and Canada use NTSC, while everyone besides them use PAL. The only difference is PAL uses 52 more lines of color than NTSC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so cool!!i'll try my bset to complete it```
    (Liu Kang)

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ARE THE SMOKE MISSIONS ONLY ACCESSABLE IF YOU FINISH THE GAME?
    I AM ON MISSION 1 (HIDDEN FATALITY) IN THE SOUL TOMBS, IN THAT ROOM WITH THE SPIKES ON THE CEILING.
    ALL I SEE IS AN ARROW IN THE BACKGROUND POINTING UP.
    AM I IN THE WRONG ROOM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I AM ON MISSION 1 (HIDDEN FATALITY) IN THE SOUL TOMBS, IN THAT ROOM WITH THE SPIKES ON THE CEILING.
    AM I IN THE WRONG ROOM?
    first question no you can simply save the game and go to the main menu and kontent then to MK2 and if you got the arrow pointing up by throwing the tarkatan there then do it in 3 different sides of the wall breaking them and it will save smoke mission 1 completed and the arrows are also the steps to one of Liu Kang's fatalities

I come in the mist of the air. The water can't be trusted. I can see all.....

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Sub Zero
    AM I IN THE WRONG ROOM?
    first question no you can simply save the game and go to the main menu and kontent then to MK2 and if you got the arrow pointing up by throwing the tarkatan there then do it in 3 different sides of the wall breaking them and it will save smoke mission 1 completed and the arrows are also the steps to one of Liu Kang's fatalities
    THANK YOU.

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

quite a glitch!

Hi everybody,Im form Chile so..if my english is a little weird well sorry XD
    Ok this is what happens:
    I completed once the 1st Smoke mission...it also says the message that ussually says...Im in a Ko-op game w/Kang/Lao....so...When I entered the next room, well one of us died...when I went back...was all those walls for the Mission destroyed BUT in our pause-menus it says that:
    Smoke Missions....... ...... 0/5 so...
    WTF should I do...!!! the walls are still destroyed and I dnt know wht to do to regain the 1/5 smoke missions!!

btw,Im a newbie..and I found that this is a really "superb" MK forum that's why I registered...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: quite a glitch!

Quote Originally Posted by cesar2xtreme
    Hi everybody,Im form Chile so..if my english is a little weird well sorry XD
    Ok this is what happens:
    I completed once the 1st Smoke mission...it also says the message that ussually says...Im in a Ko-op game w/Kang/Lao....so...When I entered the next room, well one of us died...when I went back...was all those walls for the Mission destroyed BUT in our pause-menus it says that:
    Smoke Missions....... ...... 0/5 so...
    WTF should I do...!!! the walls are still destroyed and I dnt know wht to do to regain the 1/5 smoke missions!!

btw,Im a newbie..and I found that this is a really "superb" MK forum that's why I registered...
    then you didn't break all the walls because if you do it should pop up and say Smoke Mission 1 Completed. After that go back to Smoke for your second mission and continue the process up to the last mission. Good luck

I come in the mist of the air. The water can't be trusted. I can see all.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information