Are parents players?

Angel

Okay didn't know where to put this.

Let me tell a tale. I brought a cccheap old game, Industral giant 2 for the PC. I gave it to my dad telling him he'd like it. I also told him that he should use the tutorials to learn how to play the game. He installs it and plays it. Guess what - he jumps stright into whatever they call skirmish mode. No taking the time to learn the game.

Me and my bro began placing bets as to how long it would take him to put the game down and call it crap. It took 5 mins (I won the bet BTW), and yes he called it crap. We laughed. His excuse was that any game that you can play without a manual is good, since this one wasn't obivous wasn't that simple he didn't want to know.

Worst is when he played Diablo 2 - it took him 10 mins to die in the first area. Then he stopped playing it. NOBODY DIES IN THE FIRST AREA IN 10 MINS! XD

The only games he ever played were the Demo of Diablo 1, Doom, Hexen, Heretic and Red Alert. And his fav. of course - Transport Tycoon delaux. He won't take time to learn how to play anything else.

So what I want to know, has anyone got a parent that is any good at playing Video games? Or has everyone got useless parents like my father? Or don't they play at all?

Growing up, my dad and I used to play this old Intellivision we had (before I discovered Sega), and I think he enjoyed it quite a bit. We played boxing, that battle tanks game and Dungeons and Dragons on it all the time. The only games he was ever into after that thing died were the couple golf games I had on my 32X and Saturn. He did play through the Homerun Derby a few times with me on World Series Baseball '98 for the Saturn, though.

He's also a guy who won't bother with a game if it takes more than two minutes to figure out. He generally shyed away from anything from my Saturn on 'cause he thought there was too many frigging buttons.

Ah, I do also remember this time where we played the 2 players versus mode in Sonic 3 for several hours straight. He did at least try to play stuff with me back when I was really into video games.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
He's also a guy who won't bother with a game if it takes more than two minutes to figure out. He generally shyed away from anything from my Saturn on 'cause he thought there was too many frigging buttons.

My dad's like that, but he IS an avid Halo player.

my step dad plays a lot of baseball games on his ps1 he also is a fan of some cheaper lookin rpgs and parisite eve. I could own him at any game with one arm still, but he has his fun.

Me and my dad have played every Madden EVER MADE with each other. Also, when i was younger and had more time he'd play Mortal Kombat and Mario Bros. 1-3. Not to metion Duck Hunt(he loved that game :)). It was awesome.

When I was 6, my dad beat Mario 64, and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. I used to love watching him play those, and together we played Mario Kart, and the Xtreme Games, game for PS1. He also beat Mortal Kombat 3, with all the characters.

my mom and dad are kinda old. My sis is 23 but the still play mortal kombat if i need some one to play.

Infact the first time i fell in love with mk was ehn me and my dad played mk3u he beat me twice then i picked reptile....
my mom only playes trilogy and mat2 mk2 she'snot great but she kicks ass as shang tsung..... so yes there pretty good.

Damion_Gringe said:
my mom and dad are kinda old. My sis is 23 but the still play mortal kombat if i need some one to play.

Infact the first time i fell in love with mk was ehn me and my dad played mk3u he beat me twice then i picked reptile....
my mom only playes trilogy and mat2 mk2 she'snot great but she kicks ass as shang tsung..... so yes there pretty good.

Dude, your family's awesome. =D

The only game my mom ever played was Super Mario Bros for the NES, and she didn't like it all that much.

lol thanks. the only prob is since my sisters a child prison therapist she
abhores violent games.....but her bf kicks ass cant wait for them to get married

ye i also forgot my dad playes sports games with me soemtimes. he onetime came home with litarally a dozen and said " were sharing these"

My dad used to play Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 2, but after that, he just sort of gave up on video games as a whole. Nowdays, I'll ask him if he wants to play SA, and he'll look at me funny and laugh.

My father stopped playing games against me when I beat him at Red alert.

Basically, we were siturated on a island with ocean surrounding us. he was one side of the island, I was on the other. I was allies and he was Sovient. He thought he'd be clever by placing random tanks all over the island, stopping me from getting to him. Except one route to him was left open - the sea. As soon as I was able to get a saterlite thingy in the air and see the whole map, I saw the opening. So I concentrated on getting an army of ships built up.

After that it was a case of sending them over to beat him. Every building he had was built next to the sea and he had nothing to protect it. I caught him right open. Trouble was, the victory was short live - he quit after the first building fell. He hasn't played me or my bro since.

Mind you, come to think of it... That was also the ONLY time he ever played either me or my bro!

XD My dad sucks at games.

My mom likes to play Pac-Man on a TV Game thing, and my dad and step-mom don't play many video games with me anymore, but when I was young my dad and I played Comix Zone "together". and my Stepmom and Dad would LOVE to plpay Tetris Plus or whatever that game is with the Tetris and the treasure-bent professor. THEY WOULD PLAY AGAINST EACHOTHER FOR HOURS AT A TIME! My dad won't buy me videogames anymore, except for holidays, and he says he would hate it if my sisters started playing games... my 7-year-old sister plays the XBOX and my 8-year-old stepsister loves my Nintendo DS. Heh heh heh heh... BTW, my 16-Month-Old Half-Sister on my Mom's side messes with my Xbox controller when I'm playing with it. Is this a vision of things to come?
BTW, 666 posts! :eek:

My dad likes video games sorta.He played Halo 2 with me once.He likes racing games though...He's been a machanic for over 20 years.(DANG)He also like warbirds.He know a lot about online terms, for a parent.

Newb/Camper/SpawnKiller/

My dad tried to play Doom 3 for a bit and i gotta say he really sucks. (Sorry dad)

When he gets shot at he doesn't strafe as much and stands their while being shot, same with my friend lol.

check this...actully the 1st time i played m.k.1 was with my grandmother...and ur telling me parents..and still now she plays the game as any other mk fan..she got shaolin monks before i got it...

I remember during Sonic 3 when a reporter randomly asked a old granny in the street who Sonic was and she knew who he was. That was... Odd to say the least! XD

My mother is into games more then my father.

lol this talk about grandma's reminded me of when i was playing Mortal Kombat: Deception at her house.... i was messing around in vs. mode, and i was fighting and my grandma came into the room. i was nervous because i thought she'd hate to see me kill people/things... so i was nervous and kept checking back to see if she was watching. finally she asked whats wrong? so i told her i didnt want to kill anything in front of her. she said do a fatality so i did one (i cant remember which, i think it was one of haviks) and she burst out laughing! So i asked her to play but she left the room shaking...

Kosta_Kila said:
lol this talk about grandma's reminded me of when i was playing Mortal Kombat: Deception at her house.... i was messing around in vs. mode, and i was fighting and my grandma came into the room. i was nervous because i thought she'd hate to see me kill people/things... so i was nervous and kept checking back to see if she was watching. finally she asked whats wrong? so i told her i didnt want to kill anything in front of her. she said do a fatality so i did one (i cant remember which, i think it was one of haviks) and she burst out laughing! So i asked her to play but she left the room shaking...
and she knows what a fatality is?