What are the games that you bought and that you regret?

XxJadexX said:
Actually, contrary to what people think, if you really think hard about his situation, he didn't die from crows alone. Judging from the blood in the hall, he was probably attacked by a BOW and ran up to the balcony for recluse. By that time he had already lost a lot of blood so he was weak. When he made it to the balcony, the crows attacked him but he was too weak from blood loss to fight them off. I mean, the guy was a sniper. Crows would be easy to take out but when you have a murder of them attacking you and you aren't even strong enough to walk, how can you beat them? ^_^

LOL, okay I'll be fair and say it's the worst RE game ever made :p

You thought about this alot, didn't you? Even in the scenario you described, he pretty much sucks. I mean, a rookie like Rebecca survived much worse situations in Zero and the mansion :D I still think that aside from Chris, Wesker, and Jill, the rest of the RE characters are rather tame. Let alone the supporting cast.. ugh, the Ashfords.

The worst RE game ever made goes to Gaiden... then again, the word "Gaiden" means side story. The original Gun Survivor would be it then; it is part of the main storyline.

Streetfighter EX3 sucked on the PS2. While I love the entire franchise, this last SF game in semi-3D effort was crap. Especially in PAL format [too slow]. SFEX 1 & 2 on the PSX were miles ahead in terms of gameplay. EX3 was too short a game and not nearly as much fun as its two predecessors.

Meh...

Last edited:
I agree, Chief, and I played all three Street Fighter EX games. 3 felt...meh. It could have been done much better.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 for the Xbox was a letdown. It's basically a watered down version of the PS2 version with less content. The PS2 versions a better buy if you can find it. :|

As far as I'm concerned, I am someone who rents before buying, but I must've been way too far into MK to buy MK4. It was crap.

I think that Resident Evil Survivor is right up there as one of the worst rents ever, beat the last boss with the pistol, easily.

I also owned Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle on Genesis/Mega Drive and it was rubbish. Strangely I thought I hated Altered Beast but I still played it through several times so maybe not?

FFX-2 only because it sucked, and it wasn't like FFX at all. Oh, and I didn't buy it I got it for free, but I still regret getting it. (Anyone want to buy it off me?) lol.

I agree, Chief, and I played all three Street Fighter EX games. 3 felt...meh. It could have been done much better.
It was a miserable effort at best in my opinion. When it should have been the best of the three. The team up supers were novel, if only novel in the SF EX world. But even that sucked in that only specific teams could be utilised. I also hated the character lineup and some of the stages were crap. I mean, what were they thinking when coding this game? I'm very fussy when it comes to most aspects of Streetfighter. I actually prefer playing SF Alpha 2 over this game. And despite SFEX' 1 and 2 being older games, they had amazing tilt value. Like most beatemups, I would play for endless hours, day in, day out. Perfecting my combos while strengthening my lesser favourite characters playability by just practicing. And I never play on any level under 8 [max hard]. Or else the computer plays like a damn pansy.

What are the games that you bought and that you regret?
MKSM, Can't beat baraka.
You regret buying this game because you're unable to defeat Baraka? Cheat. Try an Action Replay or Game Shark. Both of those cards will do the same job. Remember, it's a privelege to cheat, not a right. If cheating will help you get past those tough spots and continue on to complete the game, then it's well worth cheating. I used to cheat all of the time, but only if I just could not get past a level, or defeat a certain boss. To me, cheating was a last resort. I always like to complete a game under my own accord and with no assistance, otherwise what's the point? I know people who have sold off or traded back brand new titles just because they couldn't beat the game. If all else fails, even try www.gamefaqs.com for helpful tips and other strategies. That would surely help you. Also keep that in mind if you become stuck later in MKSM's or any other game for that matter.

Last edited:
I've only been burned by two game purchases as far as I can recall.

Scrapland: The art direction is incredible, and there is a great deal of potential for it to be a great game but... The story is bland and the characters are non-existant. There are about four things you can do in the game total, and most of the missions are quite unforgiving. Good thing I only paid $10 for the game.

TimeSplitters 2: I loved TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Best $10 I ever spent on a videogame. However, TimeSplitters 2 is about the equivalent of GoldenEye 007 in terms of quality. Which granted, GoldenEye 007 was a great game for its time, but that was back in the 1990's. TimeSplitters 2 is not only mind-boggling hard (I can't even beat the game in co-op mode,) but it's way too much of a step backward for an FPS of its generation.

Now there are several other purchases I have made that probably weren't wise, but that's only because I don't play those games often enough to really justify my purchase of them.

I rather liked Timesplitters 2 and for the very reasons you pointed out. Then again, I'm an old-school gamer. I like how all the TimeSplitters games had old-school, Doom-esque features, qualities, etc. about it. I don't like my FPS titles to be too overly complicated. :)

Another purchace I kick myself in the ass over everyday is Rise of the Robots. Just click on the link and you'll see what I mean. >_<; I'm ashamed that I even remember this damn game...

Overall, I liked Timesplitters. And Goldeneye still remains one of my favourite FPS on any console. Infact, and I mentioned this in another thread. The cart is permanantly plugged into my N64.

Chief, the case would be the same for me, had I not got Perfect Dark :p - THAT - is the best FPS on any system ever IMO.

Seeing probably the biggest and second biggest Resident Evil fans on the forum (I'll let you squabble over which is which) have such a heated discussion, I thought the 3rd biggest should join in, namely me (although if we're counting size, I'm probably the biggest).
I enjoyed Zero, and thought Billy Coen was a great character. Strangely enough, I never completed it though.
My least favourite was actually 2. LIke Umon said, Leon and Claire were no match for their predescessors. I thought Leon was a whiney little ponce with apparent anger problems, and his voice irritated me (which is why I was surprised at how much of a bad ass he was in 4, redemption in my eyes). I didn't mind Claire though, cos I was about 13 and she was a fox lol.
Apart from this, the only bits of the series I didn't like were the Outbreaks. I only played about 10 minutes of Gaiden, but it seemed good for what it was, and I liked Survivor, but it was better with the Joypad than with the Light Gun.
The only thing keeping REmake from the illusive perfection (achieved later by RE4) was Lisa Trevor. She was cool, but she looked like something coughed up by the School Dragon from Silent Hill. There's no place for her in RE, she looks out of place.
Even with the shortcomings of these games, the shere amazingness of 1, 3, 4 and REmake were worth every painstaking minute, just to get the full experience.

Chief, the case would be the same for me, had I not got Perfect Dark :p - THAT - is the best FPS on any system ever IMO.
Haha. Indeed, dude. Goldeneye hit the proverbial spot when it comes to FPS. I actually played that game in both single and multiplayer modes, endlessly. Something I've not had the pleasure of doing in many years. Playing multiplayer, that is. There is a certain satisfaction when completing a mission in Goldeneye, and the sheer fun factor is amazing. I would have to rate this game's tilt value among the highest that I have ever encountered. Even by todays standards, the so called foggy and outdated graphics not with-standing, this game most definately had the gameplay, story and loads of extras. It has stood the test of time in my opinion. Pity I can't say the same for it's much criticised sequel. Hell! I haven;t even completed GE2 once.

Goldeneye is top game [still is]

Oh, and for the record. I have been playing RE ever since 1995. I am not up on the whole roster of evry detail, But the RE franchise is at the core of my gaming loves. So is SH and alot of others. RE was, is and will still be the shit when RE5 hits the gamers market. I also loved RE4. I have it on both the NGC and the PS2. Love it! Totally addictive, even now I still have a bash here and there when not trying to conplete the game itself.

"STRANGER!.. STRANGER! HAVE I GOT A GUN FOR YOU" :mrgreen:

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I bought Painkiller : Hell Wars for Xbox.
Hoo boy what a mistake !!
The only decent thing about that one is the metal music during the battles.
Everything else simply fails to impress.
Now I like mindless slaughter every now and then but this is ridiculous.
I guess the name Painkiller does the game justice. Because it certainly feels like you took a few during gameplay.

I feel your pain, Gunny [pun intended]. I purchased this title less than 3 weeks ago with very liittle in the way of expectations, due to already owning, playing and enjoying the PC version. What more can I say? I was bored. But I wanted to have a go at it on the Box. I returned it after completing it in one day with ease. And this game was delayed for a very long time. Which in my opinion further aggravated it's potential sales. But as mediocre an affair as it was, I still had fun. Note that on the XBox game cover on the back that the screens are from the PC version. Well, the Aussie version was.

As far as I could tell CT, the PC shots were also seen on the back of the Euro box.
The thing that really bugged me about Painkiller was that you had to kill anything and evryone in order to advance.
It's like a cheap trick to lengthen the game's lifespan.
But oh well, I returned the game after a week. No it's back to Quake 4 and Unreal Championship 2 : The Liandri Conflict.

Dead Or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive Ultimate for the Xbox. Never in my life have I played more boring games than these.

I hear ya, Gunny. It was a pretty much and out of the DVD Case, play and be mildly entertained, then put back in the case and return kind of game. What, Kill! You don't like DOA? I'll admit that I'm not the worlds biggest fan of this franchise. But nonetheless, the bounce factor is very high, and that's what keeps me coming back. undertaker3x7 is a HUGE fan of this series. And he will be the first to tell you a hundred reasons why it's great.

Me, it's simply the above mentioned "Bounce" factor. ;-)