What are the games that you bought and that you regret?

SwiftDarkfire said:
kingdom under fire : Heroes
worst game i have ever played bad camera and bad gameplay IMO

You have to like that style of gameplay to enjoy the Kingdom series. But even in saying that, Heroes sucked compared to the previous game.

Rainbow Six 3. And I thought I hated anything Splinter Cell. There's just something about Tom Clancy games that make my attention take time off for a selective coma.

EDIT: I found out what I was doing wrong in MKSM, so I got past that part. Needless to say, MKSM is hella good. :D

- DOA1 PS/DOA2 DC. Having heard some positive reviews a year earlier in regards to the Saturn version in Japan, I decided to give this one a go when it came out in the US. No arcade in Toronto got the game, but I thought it was a sure thing. After all, it ran on Model 2 hardware and AM2 helped out Team Ninja quite a bit to get the project started.

I was wrong. The game was a weird bastard child of VF and Tekken on many levels (chain throws, a lot of the moves etc). I gave the series a shot with the second game on the DC, but the series' dependence on flash rather substance didn't do it for me and I gave up. Add unoriginality (except for the "art" style that made it famous) and you got an anomaly that made it big based on sex appeal.

- Gran Turismo 3. I really don't know why I even bothered with the game, being an arcade racer fan myself. Worst, I got stuck with it having gotten the Japanese version and couldn't sell it without a substancial loss.

- Burnout 2: The series is essentially the true continuation of R Type 4 (aka Ridge Racer 4) with incredibly easy handling. The games just lacked the flare and replay value of the RR games; the crash modes were novelties that wore off very quickly.

Winback 2: Project Posiden. I was a huge fan of the first Winback for the N64 and the PS2. Hell, I have a copy of the first Winback for the PS2. The sequel is a huge disappointment. No checkpoints, the levels are generic and boring, since it feels like you play the same levels over and over again, the voice acting is horrible, the music is horrible, the plot and story is boring, and the controls are awful. Thankfully the sequel has nothing to do with the first one, because the sequel flat out sucks.

Stay far away from this game. The first Winback is still much better.

JSOOGES said:
X-men the Official Game for 360. That blew ass.

I saw that last night at the local video shop. I was going to rent it for my XBOX, but I had second thoughts. So instead I got Urban Chaos, much fun.

ChiefThunder said:
I saw that last night at the local video shop. I was going to rent it for my XBOX, but I had second thoughts. So instead I got Urban Chaos, much fun.

Yeah, don't get it. I'd much rather just play a game I have already beaten then play that poopy thing (X-Men).

I rented Xmen, Sugie.

They could always award it the ""best worst game" and I thought the game Wolverine sucked. This Xmen game isn't even worth my spitting on it. I am glad I just rented it. But even so, a waste of my $1. You see, we have dollar Tuesday rentals on everything. So I try out movies and games I think may suck ass.

Damnit, a waste of a dollar. Hahaha

Resident Evil Zero-Wow, worst game ever made. I only bought it so I could have the entire RE series.

NHL Hitz-Worst NHL game, period. Playing hockey on the moon? LOSE.

The Sims (GC version)-NOTHING like the PC version. I was bored out of my mind. I'll take the 2D graphics of the PC sims, thanks.

Forgot Devil May Cry 2 - The sequel to the game that defined the 3D action genre ended up being the worst sequel ever. While the presentation was great, the gameplay was simply atrocious; slow, unrefined and unchallenging. It almost made fans cry.

Jade? *shudder* And you call yourself a RE fan? for shame! Well admitedly, the most dedicated fans liked it because they can bear with the backtracking. But calling it the worst game ever made is very harsh :/ Especially with games like Superman 64 out there.

Zero is still the most aesthetically pleasing RE and the flow was spot on. It was a much enjoyable game than CV, and personally, the RE1 remake.

XxJadexX said:
Resident Evil Zero-Wow, worst game ever made. I only bought it so I could have the entire RE series.
I know you are entitled to your opinion (although I'm not these days it seems), but you can't seriously mean that.

I enjoyed Resident Evil Zero and to say that it's worse than games like Pit Fighter is just crazy.

I think it is the worst game because:

-Rebecca and Billy? AHAHAHAHA, no. Instead of Rebecca, one of the most boring characters, how about Enrico? Richard? Not that they are the best characters out there but they would probably be better than Rebecca. Instead of ripping off Forest and calling him Billy, how about making Forest playable? He would be the coolest character ever.

-No item boxes? That bothered me because, especially when you are a first time player, you need certain items in certain areas and if you don't have an item box, you have to drop it somewhere and if you need that item, you have to waste time backtracking to get it.

-Soundtrack, it was horrible. The RE games usually have good scary soundtracks. This one had some pretty boring music.

-Leeches...hahaha! How lame.

-Marcus was a pretty unintimidating and crappy character. I found no interest in him whatsoever and I couldn't care less about his story.

-The rest of the monsters weren't cool at all. They didn't scare me and they looked stupid.

LOL well that's what I think about it. It's cool that some people can find the goodness in the game.

Last edited:
Weird, you thought the protagonists and characters were boring, yet the characters you mentioned were supporting characters that had no real relevance in the storyline. And they were weak enough that they got killed, particularly Forest's rather silly death :D Then there were the Ashfords in CV.. yeesh. Either way, RE2 is my favorite of the series, yet Leon and Claire are my least favorite characters in the series. Chris and Jill take the cake.

Item box aside, which is the most common complaint, the rest are objective. The soundtrack was much better than RE4's for example, with the exception of the extremely annoying safe room music. It's fairly close to the original PS trilogy as far as quality goes. The ending theme was very memorable.

Of course, that is your own opinion but come on, worst game ever? I can think of countless games that weren't atrocious and don't deserve that title.

Umon Daisuke said:
Weird, you thought the protagonists and characters were boring, yet the characters you mentioned were supporting characters that had no real relevance in the storyline. And they were weak enough that they got killed, particularly Forest's rather silly death :D Then there were the Ashfords in CV.. yeesh. Either way, RE2 is my favorite of the series, yet Leon and Claire are my least favorite characters in the series. Chris and Jill take the cake.

Actually, contrary to what people think, if you really think hard about his situation, he didn't die from crows alone. Judging from the blood in the hall, he was probably attacked by a BOW and ran up to the balcony for recluse. By that time he had already lost a lot of blood so he was weak. When he made it to the balcony, the crows attacked him but he was too weak from blood loss to fight them off. I mean, the guy was a sniper. Crows would be easy to take out but when you have a murder of them attacking you and you aren't even strong enough to walk, how can you beat them? ^_^

Item box aside, which is the most common complaint, the rest are objective. The soundtrack was much better than RE4's for example, with the exception of the extremely annoying safe room music. It's fairly close to the original PS trilogy as far as quality goes. The ending theme was very memorable.

I personally really love the original PS version of RE's music. I thought it really fit the situations you were in. It also scared the crap out of me lol. The soundtracks to all the other RE games just don't measure up.

Of course, that is your own opinion but come on, worst game ever? I can think of countless games that weren't atrocious and don't deserve that title.

LOL, okay I'll be fair and say it's the worst RE game ever made :p