What are the games that you bought and that you regret?

Halo 2 - Short single player campaign and too much hype, not to mention the guys at Bungie spent WAY too much time on the multiplayer aspect of it. If they were so focused on the multiplayer and online aspect of the game, they should have made it strictly for online, not have it mostly multiplayer with a half-a**ed storyline that was short and unfufilling, in my eyes. :x

Half-Life 2 for the PC - Steam killed it for me. 'Nuff said.

I'll add more when they come to me.

Ophen - Scion of magic... Or whatever the title was.

Boring battles that are long... and... Well... Boring.

C&C Tiburiun Sun. I thought it was actually gonna be good but the Original C&C was 5x better and the Red Alert series was 10x better.

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter for the Xbox and the PS2. The parts where you had to fly ships were too akward for me, and the sad part was, to me, those parts of the game were an intricate part of the entire game. The controls felt too loose and sensitive for me to use. (I can't remember if there was an option to adjust the sensitivity, but I don't recall there being one.) It left me frustrated and wanting to break my controller and my CD.

G.R.A.W for xbox
I personally have not played this. but my friend told me about it and i 100% trust his reviews and recommendations. he said stay away at all costs. worst game ever!!!!!! plays like rainbow six 3 and the graphics are horrible. now the 360 version is nothing like the xbox version. 360 is supposed to be awsome, but xbox version is not worth a penny. So he regrets buying it.

I hate to say it but your friend is full of shit. Halo 2 for Xb 360 isn't that much of an improvement from an Xbox, you should check for yourself you never know your friend may be steering you wrong.

Anyway the only game I ever regreat recieving (I'm satisfied with what I buy but sometimes BD presents suck)

Good Troop-Snes I sold that baby for 25$ and got Digimon World 2. ^_^ I love that game.

pheonix said:
I hate to say it but your friend is full of shit. Halo 2 for Xb 360 isn't that much of an improvement from an Xbox, you should check for yourself you never know your friend may be steering you wrong.

Anyway the only game I ever regreat recieving (I'm satisfied with what I buy but sometimes BD presents suck)

Good Troop-Snes I sold that baby for 25$ and got Digimon World 2. ^_^ I love that game.
How can you rate a game for 2 different systems? Halo 2 plays much smoother on the 360 than it does on the original Xbox. As far as GRAW, i don't know what the original plays like, but i can say the 360 version will be in my library soon!

True you do have a point, although they are from the same tech.

(PS Halo may play smoother but originally before upgrades to the XB360 for it H2 is still not that bad.)

Another game I regret EVER buying or in my case recieving: Risk! I hate that game it is so repetitive in ways I couldn't think possible and the CPU is a murderer XP I can never win sometimes.

Hmmm, let's see.

Marvel Nemesis for PSP, Condemned for Xbox 360 and The King of Fighters 2002 for PS2. (The Neo Geo version is far better.)

25 to Life for Xbox. I bought that game because of the ability to have gangs, but the novelty quickly wore off.. I should trust OXM next time.

Neo Gunloc said:
Hmmm, let's see.

Marvel Nemesis for PSP, Condemned for Xbox 360 and The King of Fighters 2002 for PS2. (The Neo Geo version is far better.)

I just new you were going to say, Marvel Nemesis for PSP, Gunny.

I am somewhat disappointed that you also mentioned, Condemned.

One game that comes to mind is Rune on the PS2. My copy actually froze up three times, as well as being slow, jerky and that was enough to really piss me off!

ChiefThunder said:
Neo Gunloc said:
Hmmm, let's see.

I just new you were going to say, Marvel Nemesis for PSP, Gunny.

I am somewhat disappointed that you also mentioned, Condemned.

One game that comes to mind is Rune on the PS2. My copy actually froze up three times, as well as being slow, jerky and that was enough to really piss me off!

Well CT, the PSP version of Marvel Nemesis is different that the Xbox or PS2 versions, it just didn't hook me.
Same goes for Condemned wich is simply not my thing. I prefer a 1st person shooter, not a basher.

Rune, wasn't that a platform action game with vikings ?

this game wasn't for me, I bought it for my mom. mercury for the psp. that game sucks ass. even though it's my moms, I still play it. but like I said, that game REALLY sucks ass. I'd rather watch barney or seasamee street for god sake.

Crazy the Clown said:
Jurassic Park (Genesis)-The only good thing was watching the raptor bite some employee's wang and shake them around. It was funny as hell. The rest of the game blew.
AAAAAAAHAHAHHA I remember that I still have it! Here's another Backyard Wrestling, i got it for like 4 bucks, but it wasn't worth it. THe good thing about it were that the female model (notice I said MODEL not MODELS) had HUGELY GINORMOUS boobs!

6.jpg

9.jpg

TheFreak said:
Crazy the Clown said:
Jurassic Park (Genesis)-The only good thing was watching the raptor bite some employee's wang and shake them around. It was funny as hell. The rest of the game blew.
AAAAAAAHAHAHHA I remember that I still have it! Here's another Backyard Wrestling, i got it for like 4 bucks, but it wasn't worth it. THe good thing about it were that the female model (notice I said MODEL not MODELS) had HUGELY GINORMOUS boobs!

6.jpg

9.jpg

Pretty sure that's what they were going for brosef. :)

Mortal Kombat 3, Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Hideous graphics, even for their time. The fatalities were embarrassing and coerced me into losing a ton of respect for the franchise. Who wants to see every single character blow up another character? I think two or three characters with explosions implemented into their fatalities is more than enough. Why give every single other character the same unoriginal finishing move? I shrugged off the Trilogy without even batting an eye, and MK3...well, that was sold a month after I purchased it.

Mortal Kombat Deception. Finally improving upon the series and showing promise with Deadly Alliance, Boon and his mind-numbingly stupid minions muster up the energy to destroy yet another installment in this franchise. The graphics were way below average. Konquest mode got annoyingly repetitive. Chess wasn't chess. Puzzle Kombat got dull very quickly. At least one fatality of nearly every character in this installment had a fatality identical to one of every other character's. Glitchy in areas. Horrible sub-boss. Even worse boss. Insultingly below-average effort put into new characters. Shitty modeling. Skinning could've been done better in piles of freeze-dried dog shit by a retarded five-year-old.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. At first, this game was fun. Soon, though, I started taking quick notice of fuck-ups in its storyline. It was supposed to be another, upgraded version of Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, right? Then why the fuck was nothing even remotely considered factual in terms of the series' suffering plot? Ignoring the shitty plot, it was a decent game in general, but it wasn't worth the forty or fifty bucks I shelled out for it. Jesus Christ. Just leave it to Midway to lure you into blowing half a Benjamin on something that would deface even the shelves of Goodwill.

Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness This one should be fairly explanatory, if you've ever even heard of this game. Horrible camera control is one of the most outstanding fuck-ups in this game.

SSX 3. Subpar graphics, horrible controls, dull game. No depth. With all the hype surrounding this franchise, I expect much, much more from this game. I still can't believe I degraded my sister by purchasing this dry mass of horse shit for her.

Knockout Kings 2001. Mediocre graphics, sad career mode. I can't even recall the many problems I had with this game, and I've never gotten past a match in this mess of an installment in an otherwise impeccable series.

NHL 2005. Lacking create-a-player mode absolutely destroyed my expectations for this game. I don't recall ever completing half of this game based solely on that lone fact. Create-a-player mode made me love the EASports NHL franchise, in addition to the gameplay and graphics. Though, any sports-related game shrugging off create-a-player mode should be shut down if the error is not rectified. Period.

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven. Absolutely mournfully horrific graphics and gameplay. Two-player mode lacked depth. The controls were dreadful. I hated myself for purchasing this. Received a whopping TWO BUCKS for this massive pile of shit from EBGames. Thanks a lot, Tenchu!

Most recently, Super Mario Sunshine.
I really enjoyed SM64, and I had the urge to immerse myself in a game similar to it. I had put off Sunshine for quite a while, but I couldn't resist any longer. I'm still puzzled at how pathetic Sunshine is compared to SM64 in terms of diversity, environmental and mechanical. By the second level, the game felt more like a recipe than anything else, and I just threw it on the shelf of no return.

However, the top of the list is a position reserved for Superman64. I really don't think I need to continue as that game has spoken for itself. To make matters worse, I'm a huge fan of Superman and the DC universe.

*sobs under the warm glow of his superman lamp, clinging to his copy of The Death and Return of Superman for SNES, the only decent Superman game ever created*

shadow_kick said:
*sobs under the warm glow of his superman lamp, clinging to his copy of The Death and Return of Superman for SNES, the only decent Superman game ever created*

i dont know, i had fun with Superman for Atari. seriously

Superman_2600_ScreenShot2.jpg

Superman returns looks awesome too, but I agree, death and return was awesome. I still play it on my psp lol.
I regret getting Nintendogs.
Both me and my GF bought DS' on the same day, and we both got the Nintendogs bundles. She really wanted NIntendogs, and I wanted a blue DS, so she got the pink one and i got the blue one. I wish to this day that I had bought the Mario Kart bundle instead.
Later today I am taking both copies of nintendogs to swap for something decent