What are the games that you bought and that you regret?

Well since you're not using one of these
FlameShield.jpg

Then by all means, let it begin....HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO SAY ACII WAS BAD???!!! THAT GAME WAS EPIC!

So interesting to see how different people's opinions can be.

ie for me.

Morrowind is simply one of the most amazing most amazing games I have ever played, back in the day it was just unbelievable the scope of the game, unlike Oblivion, it actually felt like a world. You could walk around and find completely unexpected things, the slave traders, the random mushroom village etc. Architecture and culture changed drastically depending on where you were. Oblivion to me just seemed so GTAish, the entire world had that "brown filter" look and all the towns were the same, plus the world was kinda small, especially when you see a map of Cyrodil and expect it to be scaled appropriately from Morrowind, being much bigger instead of like 1/5 the size or something. Also in Morrowing I loved how the "quests" seemed real, like someone just brought something up in conversation and it is up to you to figure it our, whereas Oblivion it's MMO style. Plus fast travel.... why couldn't we get the giant fleas again?

Final Fantasy 13, I agree on some points, the gameplay was linear (wasn't meant to be quite as bad, the original saw A LOT more content, but it was going to be something ridiculous like 7+ DVDs on 360 or something, basically Pulse was meant to be pretty big) but the story is simply one the most engaging in the series imo. Also battle system is interesting, just the implementation wasn't all it could've been. The strangest thing was the poster said this in comparison to FF12, imo far and away the worst in the series, terrible gameplay, worst characters in the series and the story was bland and really quite generic, plus it was set mostly in a desert.

I found Fallout 3 an absolute atrocity, it took the amazing old school fallout games, took away everything that made them great, babied it up, grabbed Oblivion, changed out brown filter for green and completely destroyed the world and story of the series. The broken engine didn't help it much either, it caused my first X-box's 2nd and final RROD. New Vegas at least TRIED to rebuild the shattered story but it was so bland and the engine apparently got even worse over time, it couldn't run 5 minutes without dying. I thought the engine was bad enough with Oblivion, where on my first X-box the game just decided there were no longer interiors in the game. At all. Any save files.

For myself I'm not really sure, one definite one is World of Warcraft... it really needs no explanation... I actually bought 3 of the expansions from that monstrosity. I also regret it's existence, can't help but think how many great Blizzard games we could've seen by now, not that Starcraft 2 isn't amazing.

I found Fallout 3 an absolute atrocity, it took the amazing old school fallout games, took away everything that made them great, babied it up, grabbed Oblivion, changed out brown filter for green and completely destroyed the world and story of the series.
This. 10chars

All time biggest waste of money-Star Wars the force unleashed 2.
A $60 2 hour "glorified demo" what a POS game

I love Castlevania Lords of Shadow, God of War 3, MX VS ATV, and Dante's Inferno. I am though begining to regret buying Mortal Kombat 2011 because of the frustrating and horrible experience with online gameplay since it came out, all the unbalanced characters, and the constant tweaking of characters that seems to be slowly killing the combo system of the game.

Within the past year, I'd say CoD Black Ops, Dynasty Warriors 7 (I have every one.. I had no choice!) And MVC3.

I am very anti-COD, but I got it for free from a friend for Christmas. Traded that one in a week later and got a 40$ credit, so not bad!

Dynasty Warriors I feel obligated to buy regardless of reviews and changes made to the generic formula.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was just missing so much of what made the other games great. The lack of characters/variety online was what killed it for me though, especially since the Sentinel love carried over from MVC2. It didn't take me until the end of April when I experienced the amazing MK9 to realize just how empty this game was. I even bought the special edition!

What do I regret buying? Final Fight Streetwise and Duke Nukem Forever. At first I was really enjoying the games, but then I realized they got 3's out of 10's in the reviews and instantly traded them in.

/sarcasm

I'm really happy so far that I'm getting into it. I downloaded it via XBL and so far about 6-8 hours into it and

Spoiler:
I've just gotten to the part where I'm a Spector now.

I'm really getting involved with the side missions to they're amazing! I'm loving this game so far!

Fantastich! There's so much to do in that game, don't expect to get bored easily, and for future reference remember you can import story and character data into the later iterations to chain it all together :)

Duke Nukem Forever.

It is just not the same.

**** it, I will make the best out of it. I bought them game, played it for an hour then called gamestop back that same day and asked how much trade in value it has.

I've got a ton of gaming regrets, but my biggest is NBA Jam.

I loved this game as a kid, went out and bought it the first day it came out, and...NO TAG MODE!! wtf!?!?

I played one game, messed around to try to find tag mode, didn't succeed, and never played again. I kept it around the house for about a month, in case there was a patch coming or something, then finally traded it in...after playing only one game.

All time biggest waste of money-Star Wars the force unleashed 2.
A $60 2 hour "glorified demo" what a POS game

Same

that game was crap, luckily it was my brothers game, so I didnt pay for it. the developrs should be arrested and thrown in prison for stealing people's money.

SSF4 arcade edition dlc and marvel vs capcom 3, sorry but i just dont like it.

I just bought SSFIV:AE too, and im kinda dissapointed. After MK9 ive been in the mood to play a new fighting game, so i got SSFIV:AE. I've only been playing for one day, so i might change how i feel about it. I just dont like the control scheme of SFIV, too many half circles, I dont like being forced to use the analogue stick for every move i do, i like how MK9 allows u to use the analogue stick or D-Pad. and i dont like not having a block button, id rather block and stand still, rather than walk backwards everytime i want to block. im tired of all these crazy analogue stick motions, i like the simple back forward up down of MK9.

Call of Duty Black Ops was a big waste of money for me. I hated it so much that I payed someone to take it. I don't know why I hated it I just didn't like it. I feel like it should be called Call of Duty: The Rise of Zombies. Zombies has ruined Call of Duty for me.

Duke Nukem Forever. for a game that's been in development for 10 plus years, it's a pretty big dissapointment in my mind.

MAG. Great idea, but poor execution. Zipper has been full of dissapointments with MAG and Socom 4. At least the huge server on MAG worked, I'll give them that, but gameplay and everything sucked, even with ridiculous amounts of teamwork.