MK2 Longest Winning Streak Question

BrycePGH

in MK2, as far as i know, when playing against the computer its completely random when it will decide you have an 'unbelievable winning streak' and you are able to enter your initials (assuming you have enough wins to be in top 15). I have had it happen at as few as 7 wins. In two player mode it makes sense, you enter when you have enough wins to qualify for the top 15 and you lose, you enter your initials. Is it really random when you get to enter them in 1 player mode?

BTW: I just bought an MK2 arcade game! :eek:

It's not random, it actually gradually increases the more times you put in your initials. For my copy on MAT2, I started at 7 wins, and when I filled the bottom of the winning streak board with entries (consider that I've played an immense amount of one-player games), it increased to 8 wins before it stopped me, and then I kept going at that point until it stopped me after 9 wins, and so on.

Currently it stops me after 11 or 12 wins, I believe, although I can stretch it a couple beyond that if I fight Jade, since that has an odd effect on your streak for some reason. I have made it to the top of my winning streak board, at any rate.