How did Johnny Cage get out?

I'm watching the first Mortal Kombat movie on tv right now. I just finished watching the Cage Vs. Scorpion fight. One of the best fights in the movie IMO. 8) During the fight Scorpion teleported or opened a portal to some place, dragging Cage with him when he did the Shadow Kick. My question is, how did Johnny Cage get out of that place? Some have speculated that, that place was the Neatherrealm. I don't know about that. I think that maybe that was some deserted mosaleaum(sp?) on the island they wereon and he simply walked out. I could be wrong though. Anyone else know?

If this is a newbie question, just ban me for asking it. :p

im watching it too i dont know now thats what i was thinking maybe sence he beat him in the neatherrealm the portal had opened up and hes back to earthrealm

It was never confirmed to be the Netherrealm, they always just called it Scorpion's Lair. I don't think there's an explanation for that one, just something that they thought looked cool and then forgot to explain. Of course, if this one thing has you asking questions, why not the fact that Reptile being tossed into a hollowed-out statue of a semi-humanoid figure results in Reptile's human form?

In all seriousness, the portal thing's probably the best idea. They had one from Earthrealm to Outworld, so why not?

DeathcoreRyknow said:
It was never confirmed to be the Netherrealm, they always just called it Scorpion's Lair. I don't think there's an explanation for that one, just something that they thought looked cool and then forgot to explain. Of course, if this one thing has you asking questions, why not the fact that Reptile being tossed into a hollowed-out statue of a semi-humanoid figure results in Reptile's human form?

In all seriousness, the portal thing's probably the best idea. They had one from Earthrealm to Outworld, so why not?

http://www.trmk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13742

You've obviously forgotten that topic. Ironically you were the first to post in it. :p

I agree. The Reptile thing was WEIRD.

Hey, that was probably a couple hundred posts ago, what do you expect? I guess I just had that particular anomaly on my mind since I watched the same TV broadcast you did.

Did every1 watch that? I did too, but my grandma(i was visiting) made me shut it off right after his fight. And yeah thats wierd. But what about Scorps spear? i havent seen nethin on this, and why the hell is it a monster thingy that flies out of his hand, instead of a spear?

Do we really need to ask anymore questions about the movie? We all know that the movies can't be explained with information from the game and vice-versa, and unless we can actually ask the director and/or writer of the movie and ask them personally why they did what they did, we'll never be able to explain this stuff.

You want my thoughts on why Scorpion's spear looked like that? Because it looked cool.

I think that it was stated in the mortal kombat official website that it was in fact the netherrealm, but nothing was stated about how Jhonny got out :twisted: :D

crazy viper player said:
im watching it too i dont know now thats what i was thinking maybe sence he beat him in the neatherrealm the portal had opened up and hes back to earthrealm

I'll just go with that or the fact that it isnt the Netherrealm. Other than that, it was cool. The Reptile thing bugs me when I see that part, but that was another good part of the movie as well.

crazy viper player said:

I'll just go with that or the fact that it isnt the Netherrealm. Other than that, it was cool. The Reptile thing bugs me when I see that part, but that was another good part of the movie as well.

*Sorry about the double post. Is there a way to delete your posts?

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Do we really need to ask anymore questions about the movie? We all know that the movies can't be explained with information from the game and vice-versa, and unless we can actually ask the director and/or writer of the movie and ask them personally why they did what they did, we'll never be able to explain this stuff.

You want my thoughts on why Scorpion's spear looked like that? Because it looked cool.

I remember when MK:A was on pay-per-view here in the UK there was an interview with the director for that one. He said 'theres a lot of out world in this movie' which seemed to be his only concern... Which kinda almost put me off watching the movie.

So in my opinion... Its best not to even ask about the whole Cage thing! :x