Charecter Availability

You mean in the story mode right? I heard that you can be more than one character, but I think all of that is rumor right now. I know its confirmed that you fight ALONGSIDE other characters.

liukangally.jpg

Its looks Liu is fighting with Sub-Zero there....

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao are the two you play as during the story. More than likely, you'll get to play as other characters though, albeit smaller roles than the main two.

Sub-Zero has been confirmed as an unlockable character in the regular game mode. From what I've seen in interviews, there's either only one more unlockable character after that, or there's at least a few. Who knows? There will also be a number of unlockable characters in versus mode.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Sub-Zero has been confirmed as an unlockable character in the regular game mode.

Woo. now all I need is about 50 bucks, and for them to release it on Gamecube, and I'll be set.

You made my night, Ry.

FPSfan1234 said:
...Where you can play as secondary characters on a bonus mission?

I'll just ignore that Star Wars reference. Anyway, no one really knows at this stage in time, but I would imagine one of these two scenarios:

- The unlockable characters will simply take the place of the original characters in story mode and play through the exact same game.
- The unlockable characters will each have their own story, most-likely resulting in shorter games considering what it would take to create separate scenarios and scenes for every unlockable character.

Of course, that's all coming straight from my ass, so I really have no clue exactly how it'll work. Our best bet is that we won't know until we have the game and someone actually gets to that point.

I am willing to bet that they will just replace them to go through all the same stages but, put them in their shoes. Well it was also said that the E3demo did have to blacked out fighters that looked like ninjas. We already know that subzero is confirmed in adventure mode, check it out on gamespot's site interviews. I am hoping on Scorpion to be playable. Ed Boon did say Characters though after he mentioned Sub-Zero as being unlockable so I am willing to bet there is more than Scorpion. Heck maybe any of the chicks like Kitana or Jade. All I know is the game freakn rocks! A must have!

I'm seriously hoping for Kitana to be playable. Scorpion's still my number one guy, but hell, I've gotten to play as him in almost every single MK game out there. In Shaolin Monks, I'd gladly trade him for Kitana.

I really hope you get to play as Kabal to see him get scarred in the end, i would like to see that.

Cyrax and maybe Human smoke being turned into machines would be sweet. Shao Kahn have his own storyline? :lol:

DeathcoreRyknow said:
I'm seriously hoping for Kitana to be playable. Scorpion's still my number one guy, but hell, I've gotten to play as him in almost every single MK game out there. In Shaolin Monks, I'd gladly trade him for Kitana.

Canon story wise, isn't this point in time when Kitana FIRST meets the Earth mortals? :?:

I'm beating you'll play them as a seperate story. If for example, Kitana, was to meet up with the Earth realm guys it would be silly is you were able to play through the game as her.

J.Cage might be unlockable... I've noticed several times there are scenes with him in just like in that Subby picture. But Ed Boon won't say yet who is playable.

Edit:

I just remembered, in one interview I seem to remember someone saying Baraka is unlockable in Vs mode. Though they could have been just using it as an example for what you can do and not saying its actually true.

I am The Chosen One said:
Canon story wise, isn't this point in time when Kitana FIRST meets the Earth mortals? :?:

Yeah, and? That doesn't mean they can't allow you to play as her in the regular game in some capacity. At any rate, I used the term "hope" since I figure the probability of getting to play as her isn't great, but she'd still be the fighter I'd want to play as more than anyone else. I'm still bitter about her getting left out of Deception after Deadly Alliance made me remember what a great character she was.

Angel said:
I just remembered, in one interview I seem to remember someone saying Baraka is unlockable in Vs mode. Though they could have been just using it as an example for what you can do and not saying its actually true.

Yeah, I believe they pretty much confirmed that Baraka could be unlocked in the versus mode, possibly even after beating him in the game. They've said there will be more characters available in versus mode than the regular game; I think I recall hearing a number like '8', but don't quote me on that.

DeathcoreRyknow said:

Yeah, and? That doesn't mean they can't allow you to play as her in the regular game in some capacity. At any rate, I used the term "hope" since I figure the probability of getting to play as her isn't great, but she'd still be the fighter I'd want to play as more than anyone else. I'm still bitter about her getting left out of Deception after Deadly Alliance made me remember what a great character she was.

Hey hey hey. Easy. I wasn't implying that she shouldn't be in the game or be playable. I wouldn't mind that at all. I was just trying to remember what her "role" would be if she were to be put in the game. I couldn't remember if she had just first met the mortals or not. :)

Hey hey hey. Easy. I wasn't implying that she shouldn't be in the game or be playable. I wouldn't mind that at all. I was just trying to remember what her "role" would be if she were to be put in the game. I couldn't remember if she had just first met the mortals or not. :)

Heh, dude, I never said you implied that. No need to calm me down either, I wasn't snapping at you or anything.

Yeah, that was the first time she'd met the guys from earthrealm, since she was an assassin before that. Supposedly she was seen talking to Liu Kang right before the tournament, and then of course she betrayed Kahn.

I hope its not an RPG like X-Men Legends was. That game was a huge dissapointment. Id like it if it were like Star Wars Episode III

(And whats wrong with making a Star Wars reference?)

Kal-El said:
I hope its not an RPG like X-Men Legends was. That game was a huge dissapointment. Id like it if it were like Star Wars Episode III

Star Wars Episode III was BAD. They promised co-op and there was none. Three levels in ONE room does NOT count. I hope its nothing like that game.

Kal-El said:

I absolutely detest that series, so I figured it'd be better to point that out in a sort of jovial manner instead of, say, "ur fav movie sux ballz!!!!11!!1one".

wut was so bad about episode III game, i enjoyed it, i personally hate co-op games, too confusing for my taste

Well this game is boasting a great Co-Op system. I think Co-Op games are really fun and there aren't enough of them. The proble with Episode III is that they kept talking about the Co-Op but there was none. It was a huge let down. Thats why I don't want it to be ANYTHING like that game. Single player wise it was cool, but Co-OP wise it was horrible.