first attempt

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was expecting a sprite but, who's that anyway.Oh well.I'll give pencil Characters a try.(I'm realy good at drawing.)It needs work though. :lol:

Ask Angel or Malitor for tips on drawing characters. I don't pencil sketch, but I can do it better than that :D. As I said, Angel and Malitor are really good in that field, so contact them if you need any help regarding drawing.

As the artwork, it runs in the same "good idea, poor execution" scenario. Just keep working at it, and you'll do awesome. I'm not suppose to show you this, because my girlfriend is really really shy when it comes to art, but she practices drawing every night, and heres what she can do.
adrawingthatiamnotsupposetosho.png

wow thts very skilld, and i guess i will pm one of them for tips ..hopefully ill get better but as i said this is just a first try at it

The biggest advice I can give is found in a key phrase that Prophet said.

Prophet said:
but she practices drawing every night

How well you can draw is determined almost completely by the amount of time you spend "practicing".

I haven't had formal art training.. I learn by observing and doing. Angel might be able to shed some light on other methods to get better since she actually has classes at uni.

I'm working on building my skills so I know a little bits of things that could help.

Okay the easiest way to draw people without trouble is to learn 'comic-book style' on something like this. Lucky you, you got two choices, manga (which is hard for many westerners to learn) and normal western comic.

There are many websites out there you can get tips from. I suggest as a starter you go to a art community based website like www.deviantart.com or Elfwood.com. There are others but their the two I can tell you off hand. These places are usually good for idea gathering and seeing a varity of skills and styles. Some folks even go to the bother of making a tutorial. :)

Professionals and amutuers alike sometimes make websites to this sort of thing. An exmaple of a manga based website with tutorials on would be http://www.polykarbon.com/ which is easy to find on the net and has many examples of the artists work on it. There are others like http://www.between-worlds.com/tutorials/comic_tutorial_dropdown.html that give really rough guides.

if you don't like it off a website, then go to your local library, book shop or comic book store. Look up 'how to draw' books. There is one series for the manga style called 'How to draw manga' and at the moment there is in the shops a Marvel book on how to draw characters their style. If you have no intereast in drawing comic book style, however don't fear because the human figure is one of the hardest things to draw. there is always books on them.

Lastly, you can learn lots by getting some real comics and drawings and just copying the poses/characters.

If all else fails... Then you could find a cheap one of these...

jru7101ill.jpg

But I don't know anyone who can actually use these things... XD'

I love those, not for dawing, but for funny poses, they remind me of robot chicken. NEways, That looks like a 10-yr-old's drawing, I'm kinda good, but I'm only really good at turning someone into a Chibi, I made this awesome Sub-Zero chibi once, it's not airbrushed or anything, but still... NEways2: You'll get better, just TAKE MORE TIME, DRAW LIGHTLY (in case you want to erase lata), and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
6/10

Angel said:
But I don't know anyone who can actually use these things... XD'

i've had a 5 inch one for 13 years, i used to use it all the time until i lost the base. it helps, but the head really isn't shaped right

Goraka said:
i've had a 5 inch one for 13 years, i used to use it all the time until i lost the base. it helps, but the head really isn't shaped right

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that' the funnyest thing ive read in ages....it was ment as a joke right? oris that just my smutty mind?