Demo Review

Let's just say, that when I first started playing the Demo. I was very disappointed. It had a really awkward feel and I was afraid there would be an MK game that I didn't like (I don't count the Special Forces game). ;)

The biggest thing that i hate about the Demo is that it has a time limit. I was trying to explore every room and figure out every secret, and lo and behold "Time Out.. Thanks for playing the Demo".. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGG!

But I pressed on and kept playing the game. I honestly have to say, the more I played the game, the better I liked it. Once you start getting the hang of all the combos you can do, it makes the game feel so good. After playing for several hours, it really felt like classic MK has been reborn.. ahh such a cool drink of water... let's just say, I played that demo from about 4:30pm to 1:30am.. ;) hehehe

September 20th just got a lot further away.....

Woot.. still having fun with the Demo.. going through and trying all kinds of combos. The other fatalities don't work in the Demo I have. I have the PS2 version.

I think I've found all of the secrets in the Demo, except for that room where you do the fatality, there appears to be a red content unlocking thing behind the fence. If anyone knows how to get this one, please let me know. I did however get the one by throwing someone up into the chandelier.

In order to get the content thing in the second area (it's way up high), I have a really good combo with Liu Kang (I still haven't been able to get it with Kung Lao). Do any kombo which knocks them up in the air right underneath it, the immediately jump up and hit Triangle, which throws them a little higher, then hit the throw button, which shoots you way up in the air. At this point you should have got it. I looks like Liu Kang can get really high with his combos, while Kung Lao can travel really long distances with his combos (possibly getting you across a span which you normally can't jump across in later levels).

Man there are some wicked combos that you can do on this thing. My highest combo is 59 with Liu Kang and 55 with Kung Lao. It seems like some of the combos and stuff that we saw in a lot of the movies has been disabled in this demo. I can't wait to see the finished product.

The only real gripe I have about the game at this point is the really poor voice acting for Raiden in the beginning. I hope this is fixed in the final version. Every time I hear him talk it reminds me of all the dialog in Konquest mode in MKD. Shatner School of Acting anyone?

was the dialogue in MKD really so bad? anyways, I cannpt wait for MK:SM to come, but it won't be so long, the years just go by faster and faster for me, I can still perfectly remembered last christmas, like it was yesterday. Anyways, lookin' forward to playin' the game.

I must agree that I have played the demo for long periods of time. Anything from combos (single and ko-op), fats by different enemies and stages, etc. This game rox, hands down. Yeah instead of me trying to beat the demo ever time, I will just get to a part to just practice combos on baddies for hours and hours. The juggles are great. Yeah Liu kang seems to have more straight up and down jungles. Kung Lao has that greater distance juggling. Can't wait until the finally release. Until then, I shall keep playing the demo

More playing last night and more impressions.

I am now able to reach the high up secret in the second room with Kung Lao now. Do a popup combo, jump up and hit triangle, then jump up immediately and hit triangle, then hit your throw button. :)

I discover also, that I didn't find a secret in the room with the spikes on the ceiling and you have to break through the wall. If anyone finds one in here, please let me know (for Karma of course!).

I've found that I don't use special moves very often, it's a lot more cooler to do the combos. I'm not really sure I like playing coop.. the other player is more than likely to mess up my combos. I'm glad the final game will have a difficulty setting, because the demo is why too easy. I wish the enemies had more health so i could do longer combos.

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
I'm glad the final game will have a difficulty setting, because the demo is why too easy. I wish the enemies had more health so i could do longer combos.

Wouldn't you imagine that the game would get harder as you go along, though? Pretty much every MK game in existence starts out incredibly easy and eventually gets a ton harder.

I would say it would. Hopefully the harder the skill level is, the longer the baddies life is too as well as AI. KO-OP is awesome. The greatest challenge is to pull of ko-op combos. I have noticed I have recieved more XP multiplers than doing a combo on my own. Plus the majority of the secrets will be in ko-op more than likely.

I just got the demo a few days ago, and I'm very excited about the full version. I must admit, I thought the concept was pretty lame when I first heard about it, but as I read more, I decided I'd at least give it a shot.

A few hours later, and the only complaint I have is that the demo's too damn short. Bring on the real game.

Yeah the demo is addicting and I really want a full version. Every new pic and video that has been coming out on it is looking nicer and nicer. Worth the buy all the way!

Myhighest combo was 51 and i have gotton all but one unlock...the one behind the gate.

You can not unlock this in the demo, in order to unlock it you must perform another fatality on a remaining oni and the blood should unlock this gate like the first one, if this isnt the way then sorry, its just a theory.

It's been a while but all the unlocks arekoncept art right? I can't remember if there were any others.

First of all, good theory. A great idea to try. Did you get the one that was off to the side at the pit stage. A nifty one there as well. All the unlocks are koncept art. I am more eager to unlock Sub and Scorp when we get the full version. 7 DAYS TO GO!