• Guida vs Dos Anjos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hughes vs Almedia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nelson vs Dos Santos

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Re: Ufc 116

I am a huge MMA fan. UFC 116 is one of the year's best shows, along with WEC 48 and 49.

Lesnar was taking a beating, but he was intelligently defending himself, and he wasn't nearing unconsciousness. Therefore, Josh Rosenthal made the right call in NOT stopping the fight. It was a fantastic comeback for Lesnar. I don't see Lesnar losing the title for a long time.

I hope Carwin fights Junior dos Santos next.

ufffff Im a huge UFC fan man...I thought it COULD have been stopped but brock was blockin those shots with those massive arms of his and he was pushin carwin off of him, so you cant blame it on the ref...and yea it was a good comeback but not the fight I was hopin for, I wanted to see both of them go at it but only saw that no one can beat carwin in stand up...plus I kinda saw (maybe its just me) carwin kinda give up since he didnt make lesnar stand up since you could tell that lesnar was afraid to stand it out wit him, then he just let lesnar take him down wit not even a good takedown, and he let him get the choke...or it could be that carwin needs to improve drastically on the ground, specially since he's wit the greg jackson camp....I would like a rematch after the next contender gets his turn BUT...I dont see anyone else beatin carwin, not even JDS!

Yeah he was too over eager to finish the fight in the first round and keep his first round win streak. I think after the first round passed he lost confidence and got nervous.

Of course he lost confidence; he hit Lesnar with every thing he had, and yet Lesnar kept fighting. It's going to be a long time before Lesnar loses.

And if Lesnar keeps learning/using submissions? He will become as unstoppable as it gets.

Never thought I'd see Lesnar use submissions lol. Good thing he didn't rant about it like his last fight with Mir. Probably had a change of heart after his stomach problem, but it's good to see he shows some sportsmanship.

Well, what people conveniently forget is that Lesnar only acted that way, because Mir made it personal, and Heath Herring also bordered on making it personal. Brock was very respectful and humble in his fights against Randy Couture and Shane Carwin, because they were also respectful. Respect goes a long way, and can't only come from one opponent.

I don't know why people make a big deal out of Lesnar's former antics and attitude anyway; it sells, and makes people care. Tank Abbott, Tito Ortiz and the Diaz Brothers acted that way, long before Lesnar ever entered the sport. It's great for business.

Ufc 117

Just found out from a buddy that it's going to be Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen. Others are Jon Fitch vs Thiago Alves, Clay Guida vs Rafael Dos Anjos, Matt Hughes vs Ricardo Almeida, and Junior Dos Santos vs Roy Nelson. Pretty good event I have a couple favorites in there. Here are my predictions:
Silva and Sonnen I'm undecided. Can't tell who will win.
Fitch and Alves I'm going with Alves by either a K.O. or T.K.O.
Guida and Dos Anjos I say Guida by T.K.O.
Hughes and Almeida, Hughes with a sub.
Dos Santos and Nelson I got to say Nelson I'm pretty impressed by his matches so far from Schaub and Struve, but it might be a close one. Post what you guys think below.
I'll also add a poll to see which fight you guys think might be the most exciting.

Re: Ufc 117

Nelson vs. dos Santos, for sure. I have enjoyed every single fight JDS has had in the UFC. This should be no different, and I expect JDS to knock Nelson's head off. I hope we get JDS/Carwin. Or, if Cain somehow pulls out of the Lesnar fight, I hope JDS gets to replace him.

Silva vs Sonnen is also very intriguing. It isn't as intriguing, because we never know which Anderson Silva will show up at an event. Anderson Silva is probably my all-time favorite fighter, but I'm also a big fan of Chael Sonnen (R). Sonnen has the kind of style that gives Silva nightmares. If he can do over the span of 5 rounds what Dan Henderson did in one, then Chael Sonnen (R) will become the new Middleweight Champion. However, if I had to make a prediction, I'd predict Anderson Silva via submission; Chael has always been susceptible to submissions.

Jon Fitch will decision Thiago Alves. I have no doubt about that. But, I never look forward to a Jon Fitch fight. Even though wrestlers are my very favorite fighters to watch, Jon Fitch is not among the wrestlers that I enjoy.

Guida by decision.

I think Country Breakfast beats Almeida, likely by decision.

Re: Ufc 117

all I want is for JDS to knock nelson the f*ck out! jajaja hate roy nelson specially after seeing him in TUF.

Fight Watchers!!!

Okay since we all love Mortal Kombat, obviously people on this thread like fighting in general.

With that said, I am a HUGE MMA fan, I follow the UFC, WEC (soon to be merged with the UFC), Strikeforce, and Dream RELIGIOUSLY.

I wanna know if anyone else on this forum is into any real combat sports as well, not only MMA, kickboxing and everything else.

If anything, for fun, the TRMK kommunity can discuss upcoming fights, results, etc. on this thread!

Re: Fight Watchers!!!

frank-mir-heavyweight-champion.jpg

COME AT ME, BRO.

Been training in the art of Tang Soo Do since i was 5. testing for my black belt next year

LOL youre a Mir fan? Hes awesome, i must admit, but hes not strong enough to stack up with the rest of the UFC heavyweight division.

Been training in the art of Tang Soo Do since i was 5. testing for my black belt next year

Thats livee broo, good luckk.

I've sparred a handful of times, my trainer asked me to fight but I declined Due to personal reasons. He said I had potential but eh maybe in another lifetime..
EDIT that was for boxing.. Never cared for anyother type of fighting

Last edited:

I'm pretty big on MMA
follow it all the time! Favorite is Shogun ever since he was introduced in the PRIDE days! Jose Aldo i like too
but now im scared cause he is fighting Jon Jones and the Kid has Huge potential
Hope Fedor beats Big Foot Silva tonight in Strikeforce GP

Done Muay Thai for a while but no time anymore