Favourite Arcade Game

Kahn

The question is quite simple... what's your favourite arcade game? Naturally, one probably can't choose one game, therefore, feel free to list some of your favourites (of course, if you have one clear favourite, just put that down.)

My list:

MK II
Discs of Tron
Time Pilot
Bank Panic
Rescue

does it have to be old school or can it be one of those newer ones too? if so, then here is my list

House of the Dead 1 and 2
Time Crisis 1,2, and 3
Pac-man
Initial D3
MK3

I was absolutely horrible with arcade sticks. :(

But, the TMNT game where you fought Baxter Stockman when he was a fly was one of the few I remember being good at.

My picks are, drum roll please.... :roll:

MKII
MK
UMK3
Area 51
Smash TV
Pac Man
Then there was this game that was a shooter where you played as police officers. I don't think the name was Police 911 (but maybe it was) where you could get a .357 and SHOOT THROUGH WALLS!. that game was bad ass and stayed pretty reallistic until you got to the bosses. One of which was a car that just had about 25 people crammed into a sedan before the main guy came out and shot rockets at you.[edit = Lethal Enforcers, I knew it would come to me :) ]

K1LLKANO said:
Then there was this game that was a shooter where you played as police officers. I don't think the name was Police 911 (but maybe it was) where you could get a .357 and SHOOT THROUGH WALLS!. that game was bad ass and stayed pretty reallistic until you got to the bosses. One of which was a car that just had about 25 people crammed into a sedan before the main guy came out and shot rockets at you.

Virtua Cop 2. I love that game. I had the PC version on my hard drive for a good long while, until we formatted it recently.

In no particular order:

Mortal Kombat 1-4
Street Fighter 2 (any version but SSF2 Turbo-- it's too god damn hard)
Street Fighter Alpha 1-3
Virtua Fighter (not the best VF, but the only one I played a lot in the arcade)
The House of the Dead 1 and 2 (never played the 3rd one)
The Simpsons (even beat it in the arcade once, that was sweet)
Primal Rage
Rampage

There must be a few I'm forgetting.

Kahn said:
Virtua Cop 2. I love that game. I had the PC version on my hard drive for a good long while, until we formatted it recently.

Ah, you gotta check out VC2 on the Sega Smash Pack for Dreamcast, it's awesome.

Kahn said:
K1LLKANO said:
Then there was this game that was a shooter where you played as police officers. I don't think the name was Police 911 (but maybe it was) where you could get a .357 and SHOOT THROUGH WALLS!. that game was bad ass and stayed pretty reallistic until you got to the bosses. One of which was a car that just had about 25 people crammed into a sedan before the main guy came out and shot rockets at you.

Actually, it just came to me. It was Lethal Enforcers.

My favorite arcade game would have to be Marvel Vs. Capcom...mostly because I -ruled- at that game, then Mortal Kombat 4, then Mortal Kombat 2...Then DragonBall Z Butoden (spelling) 2.

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
In this order:

MK
MKII
UMK3
MK3
MK4
Primal Rage
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Galaga
Ms. Pacman

I can tell you like Midway games :lol:

I would put
Bomberman (any)
MK2
MK
Killer Instinct (both)
House of the dead series
Crisis Zone

K1LLKANO said:
Kahn said:
K1LLKANO said:

Actually, it just came to me. It was Lethal Enforcers.

Bah, LE had nothing on VC2.

This is pretty odd though - VC2 also had a .357 that could shoot through walls and a segment before the first boss (who shot rockets at you) that featured a van with around 25 people crammed into it. Quite the likeness, eh?

Heh, yeah sounds like it. The reason why LE wins in my book is the digitized characters as opposed to the models used in VC. Though the models had great effects when you shot them i.e. spinning as they fell instead of just leaning back and throwing there arms out.