MK2 on the Amiga

debunker

I have MK2 on the genesis, snes and the amiga and for some reason it is extremely hard on the amiga and i dont just mean a little bit harder than the snes and genesis its like extremely hard. It took me ages to get up to Kintaro, which isnt that bad because its such a fun game to play but when i got up to him i wasted all of my credits tryin to beat him. Hes just so hard.

Has anyone else noticed this?

DeathcoreRyknow, i sure do have an Amiga. An Amiga500+ to be exact, all in working order. Why do you seem so surprised.

And Hydro my the pic from MK1 is my sig.

debunker said:
DeathcoreRyknow, i sure do have an Amiga. An Amiga500+ to be exact, all in working order. Why do you seem so surprised.

And Hydro my the pic from MK1 is my sig.

I've never known of someone who owns one, that's all. It seems pretty rare that someone's even heard of one.

debunker said:
I have MK2 on the genesis, snes and the amiga and for some reason it is extremely hard on the amiga and i dont just mean a little bit harder than the snes and genesis its like extremely hard. It took me ages to get up to Kintaro, which isnt that bad because its such a fun game to play but when i got up to him i wasted all of my credits tryin to beat him. Hes just so hard.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I used to have it for an Amiga emu but haven't installed the software on my new comp and haven't played it in a while. I didn't remember it being much worse then the arcade but I could be wrong.

Have you played MK2 for the arcade much?

I had an Amiga A500+, An Amiga 600 and an Amiga 1200, and I too had MK2 for it. I found that it was stangely enough a lot harder on the very easy setting than on the normal setting

I've never known of someone who owns one, that's all. It seems pretty rare that someone's even heard of one.

Wow! thats insane! Where do you stay? In scotland Amigas were one of the most popular games systems in the early-mid 90s.

I first played MK2 on the Amiga and i thought it was amazing, well to be honest i played it in the arcade first then the Amiga.

debunker said:

Wow! thats insane! Where do you stay? In scotland Amigas were one of the most popular games systems in the early-mid 90s.

I first played MK2 on the Amiga and i thought it was amazing, well to be honest i played it in the arcade first then the Amiga.

Amiga was an amazing system. But, because of terrible business deals and advertising on the part of Commodore it was a flop, at least in the US. If it had any areas of good sales they were probably small unfortunately. If Amiga had taken off, today's desktops would probably be twice as capable lol

debunker said:

Weird.....i thought it was the megadrive :?

debunker said:

Here in the US, the early-to-mid 90s were dominated by the Genesis (which you may know as the Mega Drive) and SNES. A couple other consoles did marginally well in that time period (the Amiga being not being one of them), but it was still Sega and Nintendo's world. Those (for me) were the good old days.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
debunker said:

Here in the US, the early-to-mid 90s were dominated by the Genesis (which you may know as the Mega Drive) and SNES. A couple other consoles did marginally well in that time period (the Amiga being not being one of them), but it was still Sega and Nintendo's world. Those (for me) were the good old days.

Genesis and SNES weren't really in competition with the Amiga I didn't think, since the Amiga was a personal computer and they were just video game systems. It just so happened the Amiga could play video games (better then Macs or PCs at the time). Amigas cost a lot more then consoles, but usually a lot less then a similarly powerful mac or PC if and when comparably powerful models of them even existed.

Ah, well I know pretty much nothing about the Amiga anyway, so thanks for the explanation. I'm pretty positive that they did put out a gaming console at one time, though, since I've seen pictures of a 32-bit CD console that said "Amiga" on it. I'm guessing that would've come out around the time of the Playstation and Saturn.

The 32-bit console from amiga was the CD-32 I think it was called or it could of been the Jaguar cant remember really because i was never interested int hem.

Weird.....i thought it was the megadrive

I didnt sat it was THE most popular games systems i said it was one of the most popular games systems, which it was.

debunker said:
The 32-bit console from amiga was the CD-32 I think it was called or it could of been the Jaguar cant remember really because i was never interested int hem.

Weird.....i thought it was the megadrive

I didnt sat it was THE most popular games systems i said it was one of the most popular games systems, which it was.

Interesting. Hadn't heard about the CD-32, I will have to take a look around for info on it, thanks!

It didnt really take off over here to be honest, maybe abroad it did though. I have an old gamesmaster magazine from like 1994 with an article on it. It looked horrible! The only game that i know that was released on it was Aliens VS Predator/

debunker said:

that was made by Atari, and was probably even less popular than the amiga CD-32