Martial Arts Thread

Re: What Martial Arts Style Have You Studied?

I train Brazilian jiu jitsu,mma,muay Thai and boxing at elite mma in Calgary Canada and I love it

Reactions: p53

i did Karate for about 4 years, then Tae Kwon Do for 3 years.
then i met my best friend in high school who turned out to be 3rd degree bb in T.K.D. and he taught me some crazy sheet.

purple belt?! pff... brown belt here!
just kiddin'... it doesnt really matter :)

Yeah karate is great. I used to have a black belt but it quit karate wtf was I thinking. So I rejoined.

I learned Irish collar-and-elbow wrestling, trust me although it falls under the wrestling it is very effective, I have entered a few fights and haven't lost. Once I get a person into the correct collar hold 7/10 the match is as good as over and if it isn't I use some ground moves to win(these are mainly braziian jiu jitsu though)

I have some knowledge in Ninjutsu, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Pankration, Systema, Boxing and Shorin-Ryu Karate.Arts and Video Games every once in a while. So almost all of my time was devoted to Martial Arts. The Ninjutsu and Muay Thai were taught to me by my mother who is a black belt of the third degree in both. Dead serious.

I trained in Boxing for three years, from nine to twelve years of age. Three years of Karate when I was thirteen, went on till I was sixteen. Systema was taught to me by one of my great uncles who used to be in the KGB when they were still around, only a few basic lessons though. Pankration and Wresting came from my Colonel. My life consists of nothing but Martial

I will admit, I am a bit rusty. I haven't had to use any of it in quite some time. Roughly two years. I started young and would like to continue. Hopefully you guys see me in a movie one day. I aspire to become a Martial Arts actor. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's what I grew up on.

But, I'm humble. I don't like to tell too many people what I'm versed in. Since everyone's getting it out, I figured I would too.

Currently a white belt right now in Taekwondo, learning the taegeuk form 1 is a pain, but I'll get it down eventually.

I'm formerly a blue belt in mixed martial arts with all chevrons. Examples are Karate, Judo and Aikido. Been practicing for 5 years and that was a few years back. And self taught in Tae Kwon Do and Muay Thai, not all of it. I really need to back into my fighting form soon. :)

If I had a choice of another style, I pick Ninjutsu and Dragon Kempo. On the Ninjutsu, not sure on the specifics I would choose.

I'm formerly a blue belt in mixed martial arts with all chevrons. Examples are Karate, Judo and Aikido. Been practicing for 5 years and that was a few years back. And self taught in Tae Kwon Do and Muay Thai, not all of it. I really need to back into my fighting form soon. :)

If I had a choice of another style, I pick Ninjutsu and Dragon Kempo. On the Ninjutsu, not sure on the specifics I would choose.

All branches of Ninjutsu are very fun to learn. The training is hard, but it yields great reward. I specifically have learned the most about are Kenjutsu, Shinobi-iri, Kusarigamajutsu, Bojutsu, Taijutsu and Naginatajutsu. All of these have helped a lot with my core strength. Strong abdominals are must (at least that is what I was told).

I recommend Kusarigamajutsu. It is challenging, requiring years of practice and self-dedication. In the end, it really hones your body into a force to be reckoned with. Really works out the triceps, forearms and lats. If your not up for something of that caliber, I would say Taijutsu. Only because it is the most practical and you only need your hands to use it to its full potential.

Like most martial arts, it's best supplemented with an hour or more of cardio. But being a blue belt, I'm sure you already knew that. :p

Currently a white belt right now in Taekwondo, learning the taegeuk form 1 is a pain, but I'll get it down eventually.

Good luck my friend, I am sure you'll manage :top: . It seems to me a bit too early for your master to teach you Poomse Taegeuk Il Jang. It is tought to yellow belts normaly. But hey if you learn it now, you won't have to learn it later ;).

TKD is my passion since 95'. I also practise Okinawan Kobudo since 2002. From all weapons, the Sais are my favorite (nothing to do with Mileena :p ).

All branches of Ninjutsu are very fun to learn. The training is hard, but it yields great reward. I specifically have learned the most about are Kenjutsu, Shinobi-iri, Kusarigamajutsu, Bojutsu, Taijutsu and Naginatajutsu. All of these have helped a lot with my core strength. Strong abdominals are must (at least that is what I was told).

I recommend Kusarigamajutsu. It is challenging, requiring years of practice and self-dedication. In the end, it really hones your body into a force to be reckoned with. Really works out the triceps, forearms and lats. If your not up for something of that caliber, I would say Taijutsu. Only because it is the most practical and you only need your hands to use it to its full potential.

Like most martial arts, it's best supplemented with an hour or more of cardio. But being a blue belt, I'm sure you already knew that. :p

Thanks for the huge advice. Hmmm. Using the chained sickle, eh. Sounds good to me. Although I like to use more of the shuriken, kunai and mainly, the ninjato blades. Oh, and I would definitely enjoy Taijutsu.

Yes, Kenjutsu is the style for you if you wish to train with the Ninjato.

Shurikenjutsu and Intonjutsu have much synergy behind their philosphies. Learn one and it would serve you well to learn the other.

Remember, Ninjutsu(like most martial arts) stresses heavily on good nutrition.

WING CHUN FTW, im addicted to wing chun fighting style, old jackie chan and jet li movies have it. i also like jet kwon do (bruce lee) ninjitsu and now MUAY THAI (tony jaa). im going to practice that style in the near future. and right after i need to register with the police department because ill be considered a deadly weapon lol thats so badazz lol. my cousin is already registered but hes not a wing chun master.