Best Video Game Music Ever

TheFreak

Just say the game that you think had the best music ever. My favorite would be Comix Zone, it's music was very harmonic, and 1 of the songs even made me cry. (I was 5)

I thought the Sonic Adventure games had nice tunes, I bought those soundtraxs, Halo 2 was also realy good, these just being in my opinion.

I've always liked the following music from these series:

Halo
Castlevania
Zelda
Mortal Kombat
Sonic
Medal Of Honor
Call of Duty

Heres my favorites, I even bought the soundtrack to the first 2

Final Fantasy X
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Medal of Honor: European Assault
Most samurai games
GTA series
Kingdom Hearts
FFX-2
I usually like the soundtracks on Madden and MVP Baseball
True Crime: Streets of LA
The game that was like GTA but was based in the 20's

The most memorable, as well as some of my favorite, was from Final Fantasy 3. The entire game had great music - each character having their own theme song.

I like the Metal Gear Solid music. Mainly the "overall" theme song featured during all 3 major titles.

Another game I thought that had great music was Kingdom Under Fire for X-Box. I'm not a fan of metal but it fit awesomely in this game and added to the chaotic fighting going on all the time.

Let's see, there's....

Crazy Taxi. (The Offspring's music was a smart choice.)
The Castlevania series. (Each one's music only got better.)
Backyard Wrestling, 1 and 2. (GWAR, CKY, PINTSize, Illegal Substance, Andrew WK, and, of course, Psychopathic Records. Don't care what anyone says.)
Final Fantasy series.
Mortal Kombat series. (Many of you gotta agree on that.)

Road Rash 8)
And of Course MK. I loved the fact that they made the music files so you could play them in a regular CD player as well if you skipped the first track for PC.
Star Wars games, just because the music in Star Wars was awesome. (Republic Commando had an all original score, with some vocals done in Mandalorian that were very good)

Zelda
Sonic (All)
Enter the Matrix
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Crazy Taxi, Crazy said it best, Offspring was a great choice
Castlevania
and, last but not least
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Back when I had it, I loved it)

The original Sonic and MK games are tops for me, but I especially dug the music in Sonic 3 (Ice Cap Zone was always my favorite) and MK2 (the Pit 2/Wasteland would be my favorite for that one). I also thought Earthworm Jim 2 for the Saturn had a spectacular soundtrack, although so did the first EWJ game. The soundtrack to Vectorman was another good one.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
The original Sonic and MK games are tops for me, but I especially dug the music in Sonic 3 (Ice Cap Zone was always my favorite) and MK2 (the Pit 2/Wasteland would be my favorite for that one). I also thought Earthworm Jim 2 for the Saturn had a spectacular soundtrack, although so did the first EWJ game. The soundtrack to Vectorman was another good one.

Dude, Icecap zone was one of my favorites of all time! I even downloaded a version of it at one point so I could fall asleep to it :D

I just remembered one. THUG 2. I liked most of their songs, because they had a good selection of 60's-00's rock, and some old-skool rap. But I think the WORST would have to go to House Of The Dead. They had terrible voice-overs, too. The songs got really repetitive after a while...

o yeah, and the entire final fantasy series has THE best music no matter what. it got countless numbers of music awards from video games award shows.